Windows 10: Microsoft Document Hyperlink

Discus and support Microsoft Document Hyperlink in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For an unknown reason, hyperlink in documents sent through my email Microsoft Account, will not open up after it is sent. How is this stopped?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EmailWindows7user, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Microsoft Document Hyperlink

For an unknown reason, hyperlink in documents sent through my email Microsoft Account, will not open up after it is sent.

How is this stopped?

:)

EmailWindows7user, Nov 6, 2018

2. windows 10 hyperlink opening

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• Do you have Internet Explorer set as a default program?
    • Do you face the issue only with the hyperlinks from an email?
    • On which email application do you face this issue?

We would suggest you to copy the hyperlink or use an hyperlink from a wordpad and check if you face the same issue.

Get back to us with the details to further assist you.

Ravinath P, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Pro hyperlink problem.

Hi,

For us to provide you the right solution to address your concern properly, kindly provide us with the following information:

• Does it also happen when clicking on a hyperlink through web Skype app?
    • Does the issue occur when clicking a hyperlink on a certain website?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

As for the initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try to download the latest version of Windows 10 through this

link
    and see this error will be resolved.

We look forward to your response.

Engelsen Fad, Nov 6, 2018
  4. phaeren86 Win User

Microsoft Document Hyperlink

Did You Mean to Switch Apps - Hyperlinks in Microsoft Reader

1. Following your steps did nothing, Google Chrome is already my default browser.

2. Why would this not be something that can be turned off? That seems ridiculous. I do not need to be asked every single time I click a hyperlink if I want to switch to my browser. Of course I want to switch to the browser, thats why I clicked the hyperlink
    in the first place!!

I use Microsoft eReader to read digital texts with embedded hyperlinks for referencing outside materials, and every time I try to follow a link I have to deal with this pop-up. If there is no way to turn this off, I highly suggest you add it.

I can't even think of a single purpose for this pop-up, let alone why it was added in the first place.

It's also only with Microsoft eReader. If I read my .pdf files in Adobe Acrobat Reader, the links open with one pop-up asking me to allow the site and then it never asks again. I prefer eReader due to it UI over Adobe, but if this is something that cannot
    be turned off, I will have to discontinue using your app and go back to adobe

phaeren86, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Document Hyperlink

1. Microsoft Document Hyperlink - Similar Threads - Microsoft Document Hyperlink

2. Hyperlinks

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hyperlinks: Hyperlinks in email block my view. This has been going on for 2 days. I can't get rid of them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/hyperlinks/ea6eb488-e69b-460c-ae19-0f52f930f585
  3. Hyperlink

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyperlink: Is there a way to hyperlink a folder or file in Win10? So when searching for a file or folder via a key word the folder/file would be located on your computer as compared to chasing the File Explorer tree up and down for a long time trying to finding the "nuget" your looking...
  4. hyperlinks between word documents on hard drive no longer work.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hyperlinks between word documents on hard drive no longer work.: hyperlinks between word documents on hard drive no longer work. computer has just been upgraded from windows7 to windows10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyperlinks-between-word-documents-on-hard-drive-no/c36a34cd-a2f1-47d0-99b8-7d150f5aab75"
  5. Opening hyperlinks in Microsoft Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening hyperlinks in Microsoft Mail: When I try to open a hyperlink in Microsoft Mail (Windows 10, Microsoft 365), the link opens in Chrome but does not automatically pop-up on screen. The Chrome icon on the taskbar just flashes and I must then click on the Chrome icon to view the link's content. Is there a way...
  6. Hyperlinks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyperlinks: The hyperlinks are not working in my Outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyperlinks/976497c2-6a1d-4386-a05a-7c6e5285978f
  7. hyperlink

in Windows 10 Customization
    hyperlink: Hyperlink doesn't react i.e. doesn't connect using my cursor. What is the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyperlink/08175070-8120-4868-b90f-d68fd1ce169e
  8. & HYPERLINK prefix - Wild Link Replication in Wordpad Documents!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    & HYPERLINK prefix - Wild Link Replication in Wordpad Documents!: Occassionally, I sometimes use Wordpad just for copy & paste links from articles and to link to other docs. on my comp. then this; & HYPERLINK - is put infront as Prefix to my original link ( Ex. file://C:/Etc/Dokument & Artiklar/document.pdf ). Then when I save my...
  9. & HYPERLINK prefix - Wild Link Replication in Wordpad Documents!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    & HYPERLINK prefix - Wild Link Replication in Wordpad Documents!: Occassionally, I sometimes use Wordpad just for copy & paste links from articles and to link to other docs. on my comp. then this; & HYPERLINK - is put infront as Prefix to my original link ( Ex. file://C:/Etc/Dokument & Artiklar/document.pdf ). Then when I save my...
  10. Hyperlink Not Working In Document, But Copy/Paste Into Browser Does

in Windows 10 Support
    Hyperlink Not Working In Document, But Copy/Paste Into Browser Does: To add, and so you will know, in File Explorer or wherever the .reg file is stored you can right-click it and use Edit, BUT only if you know what needs changing, one misstep when merged will allow reinstalling Windows. [Knowledge is power]