Windows 10: Microsoft does not have my Windows 11 desktop location

Discus and support Microsoft does not have my Windows 11 desktop location in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm about to move, so for security, I want to be able to "find my computer". But my Microsoft account does not know the location of my computer. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jeremy daw, Nov 3, 2022.

1. Microsoft does not have my Windows 11 desktop location

I'm about to move, so for security, I want to be able to "find my computer". But my Microsoft account does not know the location of my computer. I would assume it could use IP address to approximate the location but it does not do that.I have location services turned on in settings.I login to my microsoft.com account and it sees my workstation under "My Microsoft" and Devices, but it does not know my computer location.

:)

jeremy daw, Nov 3, 2022
  2. Cyndera80 Win User

Cannot move desktop to a new location in Windows 7

I've been trying to move the desktop location on a machine that runs Windows 7.

On my own machine (Windows 10), there's a "Location" tab in the desktop properties.

That tab is missing on the machine that runs Windows 7.

I came across the suggestion below in other threads, but it is not working for me. Any other suggestions on how to change to location or how to get the location tab to show?

Thanks!

1. Open the Registry editor (Regedit.exe)
    2. Browse to the location:

HKCU > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Explorer > User Shell Folders.
    3. In the right window pane select the required value (i.e. Desktop).
    4. Insert the new location for the folder to be stored.
    5. Close the registry editor and log off

--> Didn't work.

Cyndera80, Nov 3, 2022
  3. Can I Change My Default Desktop Location??

Hello Lucas,

You may change the default location for the desktop and library folders on Windows 10.

To change the default location of the folders, please follow these steps:

• Click Start, type This PC and press
      Enter
    • Right-click the Desktop folder and select Properties.
    • Go to Location tab and click Move.
    • Find the new location for the Desktop folder and click
      Select
      Folder.
    • Click OK to finish.

The steps must be done on each of the library folders.

Regards.

Devlin Sco, Nov 3, 2022
  4. btarunr Win User

Microsoft does not have my Windows 11 desktop location

Microsoft Announces WOWZAPP 2012, Worldwide Hackathon for Windows

Registration has launched for Microsoft Corp.'s WOWZAPP 2012, Worldwide Hackathon for Windows, which will take place Nov. 9–11 in more than 30 locations worldwide. Students and other types of developers across countries such as India, Pakistan, Malaysia, Vietnam, Turkey, Finland, Chile and Greece will work in teams to develop apps that will be published and available for download in the Windows Store.

At the events, students will be provided with the resources they need to build their apps, such as Visual Studio 2012 Express for Windows 8 and a free Windows Store registration code, both available through DreamSpark. In addition, students will be able to test their apps, and developer experts and trainers will be available to answer questions and help participants submit their apps to the Windows Store.

• What: Registration has launched for WOWZAPP 2012, Worldwide Hackathon for Windows.
      Where: In more than 30 locations around the world. For a full list of sites, with more being added each day, visit http://www.microsoft.com/student.
      When: Friday, Nov. 9, 2012, at 5 p.m. to Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012, at 5 p.m. local time.
      Who: Students, developers and entrepreneurs around the world who are interested in developing Windows Store apps using Windows 8.

btarunr, Nov 3, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft does not have my Windows 11 desktop location

1. Microsoft does not have my Windows 11 desktop location - Similar Threads - Microsoft does desktop

2. Microsoft does not have my Windows 11 desktop location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft does not have my Windows 11 desktop location: I'm about to move, so for security, I want to be able to "find my computer". But my Microsoft account does not know the location of my computer. I would assume it could use IP address to approximate the location but it does not do that.I have location services turned on in...
  3. How to change Desktop location - Windows 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Desktop location - Windows 11 22H2: Hi all,after clean installing Windows 11, I cannot change Desktop location. By default it is set to be in OneDrive location, while I'd like to have as it was - in %user%/Desktop. But in Desktop properties there is no longer "Location" tab. I can do it for "Pictures", "Music"...
  4. Windows 11 mixing Desktop location to Videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 mixing Desktop location to Videos: I accidentally mixed the location of Videos and Desktop while I was moving them to my drive D. I tried restoring it, moving it, and whatever I can do but I can't try more since I'm afraid that I won't be able to fix it.Mixing the default location of Desktop and Videos- which...
  5. Windows 11 mixing Desktop location to Videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 mixing Desktop location to Videos: I accidentally mixed the location of Videos and Desktop while I was moving them to my drive D. I tried restoring it, moving it, and whatever I can do but I can't try more since I'm afraid that I won't be able to fix it.Mixing the default location of Desktop and Videos- which...
  6. Where are the desktop wallpapers located in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 News
    Where are the desktop wallpapers located in Windows 11?: When Windows 10 was released, Microsoft shipped it with a modern home screen background. With Windows 11, the company took it to a level further with multiple abstract wallpapers. [ATTACH] Microsoft also packed 6 themes in the operating system, including some really cool...
  7. My desktop does not have a battery...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My desktop does not have a battery...: How do I tell Windows that my desktop PC does not have a battery? [img] 165440
  8. Desktop location

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop location: I installed a programme to my pc and when it asked where I would like to install programme files too I selected desktop. This filled my screen with icons related to the programme and since then I have lost all my desktop. I’ve deleted the programme I installed tried system...
  9. Wrong location on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong location on my desktop: Computer thinks our server is in a location 60 miles from where we actually are. It has been this way for years even though we've moved offices twice, the location used when we use our browsers, etc... stays in Titusville, FL and not in Orlando. How can I fix this?...
  10. Desktop Location

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Location: I just replaced my hard drive and reinstalled W10 Fall Creators Edition. (I know that was overkill, I could have just restored a Macrium image but I am a machochist but I thought it time for a new clean install.) On the old disk my Desktop was under users/me/Desktop. The...