Windows 10: Microsoft does not offer an effective solution to recovering PIN and Password

Discus and support Microsoft does not offer an effective solution to recovering PIN and Password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have the same problem with my computer log on. I forgot my PIN and my Microsoft Password and I need an alternative to the processes for doing such... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dreamweaver632013, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Microsoft does not offer an effective solution to recovering PIN and Password

I have the same problem with my computer log on. I forgot my PIN and my Microsoft Password and I need an alternative to the processes for doing such recovery, like a phone number or something.

Jesus Christ!

Please Help Me

:)

dreamweaver632013, Feb 21, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Unable to go into safe mode to change pin

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the error that you are getting after entering the PIN?
    2. Is there any other administrator user account on the laptop?
    3. Are you entering the correct PIN?

If you have signed in with your Microsoft Account, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    How to recover your PIN and password from the lock screen and check if this helps.

If you are not able to recover your PIN or password, then the only way to login to your laptop is to do a
    Custom Installation of Windows, in which you will lose all your applications; however, your user data like pictures, videos, documents, etc., will be saved in Windows.old
    folder.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Microsoft does not offer an effective solution to recovering PIN and Password

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft does not offer an effective solution to recovering PIN and Password

1. Microsoft does not offer an effective solution to recovering PIN and Password - Similar Threads - Microsoft does offer

2. Unable to recover Microsoft password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to recover Microsoft password: I purchased a laptop some 2-3 years back and at the time of purchase the dealer asked me to create a Microsoft account so that all the windows subscription like Windows, Microsoft office can be associated to that account. I created an account at that time and now i have...
  3. Unable to recover Microsoft password

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to recover Microsoft password: I purchased a laptop some 2-3 years back and at the time of purchase the dealer asked me to create a Microsoft account so that all the windows subscription like Windows, Microsoft office can be associated to that account. I created an account at that time and now i have...
  4. Unable to recover Microsoft password

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Effects of Changing Microsoft Password

Effects of Changing Microsoft Password: I am the administrator on a small network. I sign on to each device with the same user name and either a pin or fingerprint. Some devices are Windows 10, some 11 The password I could use on all devices is both the Windows and the Microsoft password.I want to change the...
  6. Local password change does not take effect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local password change does not take effect: I was previously using Microsoft account login on Windows 10, and switched to a local login because the MS password rules did not accept a passphrase. This worked fine, and I was able to long with my new passphrase. Some time later I tried to change my password, I believe...
  7. Microsoft Edge will NOT offer to save my Passwords.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge will NOT offer to save my Passwords.: New install - everything turned ON to Offer to Save Password. It isn't site specific. History/cache all cleared. Nuked back to Restore Settings. Nothing in other threads works - what is the problem with this Browser?...
  8. Recovering Microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Recovering Microsoft account password: Hi everyone, I just yesterday created a microsoft account and i am unable to remember it's password and now i cannot sign in. I try to recover using the recovery method on microsoft however i am unable to fill out all the information that is need for them to send a code like...
  9. Recovering password on Microsoft Mail

Recovering password on Microsoft Mail: Good day I changed a password on my one email account which is linked to my Mail app. I updated the password on the app but completely forgot what the password is so cannot log into the mail any other way than the mail. Is there any was to recover the password from the...
  10. Offer To Save Password - Missing in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Offer To Save Password - Missing in Microsoft Edge: Running Windows 10 Pro, on a Dell XPS machine. When I went to Settings > Privacy & Services > to click on the "Offer To Save Password", is NOT there any more for Microsoft Edge?*Eek Screenshot: ImageBam [ATTACH] 123783