Windows 10: Microsoft: don't remove the Microsoft Store app

Discus and support Microsoft: don't remove the Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system comes with the Microsoft Store application by default (formerly known as Windows Store) that is accessible via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 15, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft: don't remove the Microsoft Store app

Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system comes with the Microsoft Store application by default (formerly known as Windows Store) that is accessible via the operating system's Taskbar and Start Menu.

Windows administrators and users who don't use the Store may remove it using third-party tools, e.g. using Geek Uninstaller or PowerShell. Some third-party applications prohibit the removal of the Store, O&O AppBuster does so for instance.

The company published a new support article -- Removing, uninstalling, or reinstalling Microsoft Store app is not supported -- recently in which it recommends that the Microsoft Store application is not removed or uninstalled.

In Windows 10, we do not recommend removing or uninstalling the Microsoft Store app.

The reason that Microsoft gives reminds customers that Windows 10 offers no way of reinstalling the Microsoft Store when it is removed from devices running Windows 10.

The only option that administrators have to restore Microsoft Store functionality is to reset the operating system or reinstall it according to Microsoft.

If you uninstalled Microsoft Store by any means and want to reinstall it, the only Microsoft-supported method is to reset or reinstall the operating system, which will reinstall Microsoft Store.

Microsoft omits the fact that Windows administrators may be able to register the Microsoft Store application again by running a command from an elevated PowerShell prompt:

1. Use Windows-X to display the administrative menu on Windows 10.
    2. Select Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the prompt.
    3. Confirm the UAC prompt if it is displayed.
    4. Run the following command to register the Microsoft Store app again on the device: Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    5. Restart the computer after the command has been processed.

Once you have run the command and restarted the device, try accessing the Microsoft Store application again.

Microsoft: don't remove the Microsoft Store app powershell-register-windows-store.png

Microsoft highlights that IT professionals have various options to configure, limit, or block access to the Microsoft Store on client computer systems. Removing the Store application, for instance by using PowerShell commands to do so, is not recommended because it cannot be restored.

The Configure access to Microsoft Store support document on the Microsoft Docs website lists several options to manage access to the application.

Microsoft lists the following options:

• Block Microsoft Store using AppLocker
    • Block Microsoft Store using Group Policy
    • Block Microsoft Store using management tool
    • Show private store only using Group Policy

All methods are explained in the support document.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft: don't remove the Microsoft Store app appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 15, 2019

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Nov 15, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Nov 15, 2019
  4. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft: don't remove the Microsoft Store app - Similar Threads - Microsoft don't remove

2. Microsoft Store Apps don't download.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Apps don't download.: Hi, i have been trying to install apps from the microsoft store but the download just doesn't start. It keeps loading and loading and nothing happens. Another problem is that whenever i try to open the Xbox App, it just keeps loading and it won't launch. I've tried everything...
  3. Microsoft Store Apps don't download.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Apps don't download.: Hi, i have been trying to install apps from the microsoft store but the download just doesn't start. It keeps loading and loading and nothing happens. Another problem is that whenever i try to open the Xbox App, it just keeps loading and it won't launch. I've tried everything...
  4. Microsoft Store Apps don't download.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Settings app and Microsoft store don't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings app and Microsoft store don't work.: Hi all, my settings app and microsoft store app and search bar don't open or work.Using windows key + I can sometimes open the settings app, but more often than not it just closes itself.Similarly the microsoft store app won't even open, which makes it difficult to access...
  6. Microsoft store and apps don't open

Microsoft store and apps don't open: I've been having an issue where I'm unable to open the Windows Store or any Windows apps. Clicking on them does nothing, no windows pop up at all. Similarly, when I try to download an app from the Windows store in Chrome NVIDIA Control Panel for example, clicking "get" gives...
  7. Microsoft Store and apps don't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store and apps don't work: Around a month ago, I noticed that the microsoft store and the apps weren't working. When I try to open them, they close after a few seconds they were opened. I tried many powershell and command prompt solutions, but they didn't work. I also tried wsreset.exe, but it did not...
  8. Removing Microsoft Store Apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removing Microsoft Store Apps: Is it safe to uninstall them and remove their entries in the registry. Also, the game bar app is ok, but there are two applications, a Game Bar and Xbox Game Bar, is the second one only for playing Xbox games or is it a part of the Game Bar app and is it needed for the Game...
  9. remove app from microsoft store

remove app from microsoft store: Hi I published an app in microsoft store and i want to remove it . Is it possible ? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-app-from-microsoft-store/d2f9da44-3a38-4bbd-afff-29617aa70958"
  10. Microsoft store apps don't launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store apps don't launch: I've had this problem for a while that some games for example Minecraft and minesweeper downloaded from the Microsoft store first open perfectly well, but once I restart my pc they dont work anymore crashes right away. So far I've tried to run windows update and microsoft...