Windows 10: Microsoft doubles down on quantum computing bet

Discus and support Microsoft doubles down on quantum computing bet in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is doubling down on its commitment to the tantalizing field of quantum computing, making a strong bet that it is possible to create a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft doubles down on quantum computing bet

Source: Microsoft doubles down on quantum computing bet - Next at Microsoft

:)

Brink, Nov 20, 2016

2. Windows Phone 8 With Slide-out Keyboard?

LG Quantum is your best bet

Mac_Briggs, Nov 20, 2016
  3. Even when i change settings microsoft will not silence ads , why?

Following the advise to change settings. I keep getting aggressive ads blasting over music or doubled up and playing at the same time and there is no mute button. It seems the solution is to switch to Firefox quantum

celinesahulk, Nov 20, 2016
  4. waltc Win User

The phrase "quantum computing" is an oxymoron if ever I've heard one...Microsoft doubles down on quantum computing bet ;) It's the equivalent of using algebra/trigonometry to describe quantum mechanics...! Computers are 100% classical math, on-off binary. Quantum mechanics, aside from not being defined at all, is by definition *not* classical-math definable. Whenever I hear "quantum computing" I always get a chuckle. Basically, quantum mechanics = magic, more or less. "Spooky action", etc. Great stuff for raising capital, though--as investors love the sci-fi buzzwords.

waltc, Nov 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Microsoft doubles down on quantum computing bet - Similar Threads - Microsoft doubles down

2. Double start computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Double start computer: I have to restart my computer twice to get it to work. May have happen since the new Edge was installed. When I start I get the start screen picture but the mouse moves jumpily and I can go no further. If I just restart the computer it works fine....
  3. Microsoft Quantum proves shallow quantum circuits provide advantage

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Quantum proves shallow quantum circuits provide advantage: We know that Shor’s algorithm can factor integers on a quantum computer exponentially faster than any known classical algorithm, and that there are problems, such as the simulation of physical systems as posed by Richard Feynman in the 1980s, that quantum computers can solve...
  4. Microsoft announces Northwest Quantum Nexus for quantum computing

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces Northwest Quantum Nexus for quantum computing: The Northwest is brimming with talented, dedicated people who can deliver quantum computing advances today and secure our quantum future for tomorrow. Today, at the inaugural Northwest Quantum Nexus Summit, we announced the Northwest Quantum Nexus, a coalition assembled by...
  5. Quantum Break Streaming Server Down. PC Version.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quantum Break Streaming Server Down. PC Version.: Posting a new thread per Agents request. I started a new game on 3.2.19 and when I got to the first Episode "We are unable to connect to the streaming server". So I go looking around the web, apparently the servers have been down over a month. There's threads on here about...
  6. Quantum Break Streaming Server Down. PC Version.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quantum Break Streaming Server Down. PC Version.: Posting a new thread per Agents request. I started a new game yesterday and when I got to the first Episode "We are unable to connect to the streaming server". So I go looking around, apparently the servers have been down over a month. There's threads on here about Xbox...
  7. Announcing the Microsoft Quantum Network

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing the Microsoft Quantum Network: Creating a scalable quantum computer will require the collective effort of many skilled and diverse teams. To reach that goal, over the past few years we have built a coalition of partners, universities, customers, and developers, all with the goal of sharing knowledge and...
  8. Microsoft doubles down on Windows 10 IoT with added support

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft doubles down on Windows 10 IoT with added support: Companies making IoT devices have demanding expectations of their hardware and software. Microsoft is dedicated to delivering high quality, reliable IoT solutions for the devices which operate in harsh environments and are expected to last for many years. For decades,...
  9. Microsoft just upped its multi-million bet on quantum computing

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft just upped its multi-million bet on quantum computing: Microsoft has tipped several million dollars into a new quantum computing R&D lab at Copenhagen University, Denmark. Microsoft has signed a multi-year deal with the university to collaborate on the development of a general-purpose quantum computer. Microsoft's staff will...
  10. Why Facebook is betting on Office 365 and the Microsoft Cloud

in Windows 10 News
    Why Facebook is betting on Office 365 and the Microsoft Cloud: At Facebook, our mission is clear. Give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected. Over 13,000 Facebook employees wake up committed to making this mission a reality for the more than 1 billion people who use Facebook every day. Our mission is...