Windows 10: Microsoft Driver Serial Port Driver 10.0.17134.1 works in Windows 10 Home but not in...

Discus and support Microsoft Driver Serial Port Driver 10.0.17134.1 works in Windows 10 Home but not in... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a serial device that when connected to a Windows 10 Home version with the Microsoft driver 10.0.17134.1 works fine but when connected to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wmlbill, Sep 14, 2018.

1. wmlbill Win User

Microsoft Driver Serial Port Driver 10.0.17134.1 works in Windows 10 Home but not in...

I have a serial device that when connected to a Windows 10 Home version with the Microsoft driver 10.0.17134.1 works fine but when connected to a Windows 10 Pro version with the same Microsoft driver does not work. Same Microsoft driver displays in Device Manager on both machines. The error returned to the program (when Googled) points to issues with the Dynamic Link Library differences. Windows Pro is at version 1803. Windows Home version is at 10.0.17134 build 17134. Both versions have all updates applied. When plugging in the USB the port appears with the Windows driver in both Home and Pro version. The program works fine with the device with Windows 10 home, but not on Windows 10 Pro where it returns an error suggesting it cannot communicate with the device. To rule out that it is a machine problem, I have tried the program and device with several Windows 10 Pro machines with same result.

How to resolve this?

Thanks, Bill

:)

wmlbill, Sep 14, 2018

2. Rs-323 serial ports are not working after updating to windows 10 build 1511 (10.0.10586)

Hi Corey,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with printers attached to serial ports on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if serial port driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

What is the make and model of the Computer?

Refer to the below Microsoft Help Article.

Method 1: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

If the issues still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: I would suggest you to update the latest driver for serial ports in Universal Serial Bus ports in Device Manager. Check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key

3. Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers and try to update all the drivers in the list.

4. Right click on the serial ports driver and click on Update driver software.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Windows 10

Thats awesome! I wonder just how far we can bend it! for the record the official system requirements for the tech preview are as follows.

• Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster

• RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)

• Free hard disk space: 16 GB

• Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver

• A Microsoft account and Internet access
    which are the same for windows 8 operating systems.

Solaris17, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Guest3 Win User

Microsoft Driver Serial Port Driver 10.0.17134.1 works in Windows 10 Home but not in...

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everything is working *Smile Microsoft Driver Serial Port Driver  10.0.17134.1  works in Windows 10 Home but not in... :)

Guest3, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Driver Serial Port Driver 10.0.17134.1 works in Windows 10 Home but not in... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Driver Serial

2. USB Serial Port driver clash in Serial controllers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Serial Port driver clash in Serial controllers: my FTDI driver for usb serial converter creates a COM port but when i install a different driver for my casio CESG in serial controllers the COM port becomes hidden, and message with this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45 I had this working once too!...
  3. USB Serial Port driver clash in Serial controllers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Serial Port driver clash in Serial controllers: my FTDI driver for usb serial converter creates a COM port but when i install a different driver for my casio CESG in serial controllers the COM port becomes hidden, and message with this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45 I had this working once too!...
  4. USB Serial Port driver clash in Serial controllers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PCI Serial Port Driver is not installing on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    PCI Serial Port Driver is not installing on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Some users are reporting that they are unable to install PCI Serial Port Driver on their PC. In this guide, we have a few solutions to fix PCI Serial Port Driver is not installing on Windows 11/10. What is PCI Serial Port? PCI Serial Port is an industry-standard bus...
  6. Serial Port Driver

Serial Port Driver: I need to install a serial port driver. Where can I find such a driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/serial-port-driver/4a31f06a-0c90-4c1d-9379-6e1b6d982898
  7. USB serial port driver

USB serial port driver: Need a serial port driver fir Windies 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-serial-port-driver/92feaf39-367d-48ad-abf8-fe3a1c148ae8
  8. PCI serial port drivers couldn't install

PCI serial port drivers couldn't install: When I went into device manager, I noticed that under "Other Devices", there was PCI serial port, that had a yellow triangle on it, and when I went into properties, it said there aren't any drivers installed for it. I tried the "Update driver" button, but it said it couldn't...
  9. PCI serial port drivers couldn't install

PCI serial port drivers couldn't install: When I went into device manager, I noticed that under "Other Devices", there was PCI serial port, that had a yellow triangle on it, and when I went into properties, it said there aren't any drivers installed for it. I tried the "Update driver" button, but it said it couldn't...
  10. PCI serial port unable to find driver.

PCI serial port unable to find driver.: I've had this pc for around 9 months now, Everything works perfect until I noticed the PCI serial port driver has someone been uninstalled. I'm not sure how this has happened and I haven't noticed any differences in using my computer but something has happened and its been...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 10.0.17134.1

2. driver 10.0.17134.1

3. 10.0.17134.1 driver

4. update driver 10.0.17134.1,
  5. microsoft 10.0.17134.1 driver,
  6. microsoft driver 10.0.17134.1,
  7. Driver Version 10.0.17134.1,
  8. windows 10 version 10.0.17134.1,
  9. microsoft 10.0.17134.1 ,
  10. microsoft driver version 10.0.17134.1,
  11. microsoftwindows usb 2.0 pc cam 10.0.17134.1,