Windows 10: Microsoft dropping Rooms feature on Windows Phones in March

Discus and support Microsoft dropping Rooms feature on Windows Phones in March in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has announced today that it will be dropping support for the Rooms feature on Windows Phones in March. In an email sent out to users, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft dropping Rooms feature on Windows Phones in March

Microsoft doesn't say exactly when in March it will drop support, so it would probably be a good idea to start backing up any files and chats that you care about now. Source: Microsoft dropping support for Rooms feature on Windows Phones in March | Windows Central

:)

Brink, Feb 17, 2015
  2. garym123 Win User
    garym123, Feb 17, 2015
  3. what replaces rooms

We work in remote areas of the world and bought Microsoft Mobile phones for all our workers - a week later they dropped the room feature. Need a group texting feature that Rooms had - any idea

DaleBolton, Feb 17, 2015
  4. LEE
    Lee Win User

Never knew about this feature. . .so in reality it really makes no difference at least to me. . .*Smile

5. Such a shame about that. I recently discovered Rooms and it is just the bee's knees, only for Windows Phone users. android and ios users don't get group chat or a good unified experience like Windows Phone does.

Let's hope they replace it with something cross platform and legitimately more awesome than just GroupMe, that's lame.

Coke Robot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft dropping Rooms feature on Windows Phones in March - Similar Threads - Microsoft dropping Rooms

2. No drag and drop feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No drag and drop feature: So I saw my friend using the drag and drop feature just like in win 10 on win 11.I have updated my windows to the newest version but I still can not use it. Does anybody know how to enable it?...
  3. No drag and drop feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No drag and drop feature: So I saw my friend using the drag and drop feature just like in win 10 on win 11.I have updated my windows to the newest version but I still can not use it. Does anybody know how to enable it?...
  4. Windows 11 is getting these new features in March 2023

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 is getting these new features in March 2023: Microsoft plans to launch the second feature drop update for Windows 11 version 22H2 next month. Feature drops, also called Moments updates, are smaller updates that introduce new features and other improvements regularly in the operating system. [ATTACH] The update has...
  5. Windows 10 Search Feature since March Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Search Feature since March Update: In file explorer, I used to be able to run a search in the search field, when it completed, I could delete the search phrase from the window and file explorer would return to the folder I was searching. Now it does not. It just remains as a search window only for that folder....
  6. Facebook enhances Messenger Rooms experience with new features

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook enhances Messenger Rooms experience with new features: Today, we’re announcing new features to enhance your experience in Messenger Rooms, joinable group video calls that make it easy to spend quality time with friends, loved ones and people who share your interests. Personalize your Room In addition to...
  7. Microsoft changes its Cortana strategy, drops features

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft changes its Cortana strategy, drops features: Microsoft announced plans yesterday to change the digital assistant Cortana into a tool that is focused on "productivity" and more closely aligned with the company's vision for Microsoft 365. Cortana, which Microsoft introduced in Windows 10 when it launched the operating...
  8. Microsoft to eliminate Skype Managed Accounts feature by March's end

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to eliminate Skype Managed Accounts feature by March's end: Microsoft will be eliminating support of Skype Managed Accounts, a k a Skype Business Accounts, as of March 29, 2016. Microsoft began notifying Skype Managed Account users of the deprecation today, February 16. (Thanks to Microsoft-news.com for the heads up.) There are...
  9. Microsoft’s marketing chief drops Surface Phone hints

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s marketing chief drops Surface Phone hints: We’ve been waiting for the Surface Phone for a long time now. With a rocky start to the launch of Windows 10 Mobile, many Windows diehard fans have been disappointed with some of the steps that Microsoft has taken, and feel like their entry into the mobile world hasn’t really...
  10. Lync Room System feature updates

in Windows 10 News
    Lync Room System feature updates: We are excited to announce feature updates to the Lync Room System (LRS) as a part of our continued effort to offer valuable Lync video experiences in the conference room. These feature updates are delivered through our LRS partners—Crestron, Polycom and SMART....