Windows 10: Microsoft drops developer annual fee, saves you some $$$$

Discus and support Microsoft drops developer annual fee, saves you some $$$$ in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Prior to today, if you were a developer of Windows and Windows Phone apps, you had to pay an annual fee to keep your account active and to be able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Sep 16, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Microsoft drops developer annual fee, saves you some $$$$

More

:)

labeeman, Sep 16, 2014
  2. MandyShaw Win User

Why isn't Windows phone more similar to Windows OS (not OS8)?

Be aware that Microsoft charges an annual fee for developer unlocking the 'phone. As you are effectively paying to register as a developer, and you get a lot of support, etc., as well as the unlock, it's a non-trivial fee - around $80 p.a. plus relevant
    taxes.

MandyShaw, Sep 16, 2014
  3. How to install XAP files to Lumia 920

You register with MSFT as a developer, pay the annual fee and they will send an unlock code. On WP7.x that happened though Zune, I am guess it will go through either the Microsoft account or the WP8 app for WP8

Paul van der Heu, Sep 16, 2014
Thema:

Microsoft drops developer annual fee, saves you some $$$$

1. Microsoft drops developer annual fee, saves you some $$$$ - Similar Threads - Microsoft drops developer

2. Windows and Windows Phone Annual Developer Registration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows and Windows Phone Annual Developer Registration: Hi need a little help. Does anyone know how I can remove this from my account?I used my PayPal and it won't let me edit or change payment details....
  3. Windows and Windows Phone Annual Developer Registration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows and Windows Phone Annual Developer Registration: Hi need a little help. Does anyone know how I can remove this from my account?I used my PayPal and it won't let me edit or change payment details....
  4. Windows and Windows Phone Annual Developer Registration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows and Windows Phone Annual Developer Registration: Hello! I have a question regarding Windows and Windows Phone Annual Developer Registration, I need to replace the Debit Card I’m using for the program, if I were to change the payment method for the program would I be charged on the new card?...
  5. Windows and Windows Phone Annual Developer Registration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows and Windows Phone Annual Developer Registration: Hello! I have a question regarding Windows and Windows Phone Annual Developer Registration, I need to replace the Debit Card I’m using for the program, if I were to change the payment method for the program would I be charged on the new card?...
  6. Scam email? for $399. + annual subscription fee $60. And Convenience Fee$10. Total $469. Is...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scam email? for $399. + annual subscription fee $60. And Convenience Fee$10. Total $469. Is...: I received and email for Microsoft Defender Security For a total of $469 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam-email-for-399-annual-subscription-fee-60-and/5299b296-38e7-4122-bed2-45df4740fd4a
  7. Microsoft solitaire collection annual subscription fee for 2019

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft solitaire collection annual subscription fee for 2019: How can I send money to a friend for his birthday so he can buy Microsoft Solitare Collection? It is not listed in the xbox, and I really have no idea where to ask with the choices....
  8. fees

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fees: Is there an annual fee for using windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/fees/2101e77f-8c50-478f-8938-50ddeda797bb
  9. Announcing the second annual Windows Developer Awards 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing the second annual Windows Developer Awards 2018: This is your chance to recognize developers in the Windows community for their outstanding work over the past year. Nominations are open through March 8th. Application Creator of the Year Leveraging the latest Windows 10 capabilities Exploring the latest Windows 10...
  10. If you are a developer, Microsoft recommends you do not upgrade...

in Windows 10 News
    If you are a developer, Microsoft recommends you do not upgrade...: Microsoft has released a new build of Windows 10 to Insiders but if you are a developer, the company is saying that you should not update at this time. There are currently a few issues with Visual Studio 2015 that will prevent you from being able to use the software properly....