Windows 10: Microsoft DVD Player - paid $14.99 - does NOT work - Opens then Closes

Discus and support Microsoft DVD Player - paid $14.99 - does NOT work - Opens then Closes in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Microsoft DVD Player - paid $14.99 - does NOT work - Opens then Closes How do I fix this ?... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by DayleSchrock, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Microsoft DVD Player - paid $14.99 - does NOT work - Opens then Closes

Microsoft DVD Player - paid $14.99 - does NOT work - Opens then Closes

How do I fix this ?

:)

DayleSchrock, Dec 31, 2018
  2. HTC
    HTC Win User

Burned DVD's Work in SOME players

In that case, it is possible the problem is with the blu ray player not supporting DVD+R disks.

Suggest you check to make sure: it's possible you can overcome this problem by simply burning DVD-R instead of DVD+R. Check your blu ray compatibility list first.

3. DVD Player Won't Work

I bought this laptop in Nov 2017. Dell 15 inch.

I have not bothered to use the DVD player since I have owned it.

I inserted a DVD tonight and it did not automatically start like I expected it to do.

I did the usual troubleshooting and nothing worked.

I read some information online and it said that there was no media player installed.

Done to save money.

I downloaded VLC and it did not work.

I tried using Windows Media player and it did not work.

I opened and closed the DVD drawer numerous times and I heard it 'wind' but it won't start and I don't see a window.

Is my problem the software or is it hardware....the DVD drive?

It's still under warranty.

Any suggestions?

RaymondWindoz10, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

Windows DVD Player associated with .IFO files but can't open them

Welcome to TenForums @Graham1.
    I have the free Microsoft Windows DVD player too (I upgraded from Win7 Home Premium - a Media Centre edition).

Would I be correct in assuming that your underlying problem is 'how do I play a DVD with the Windows DVD Player when it doesn't even appear in 'Open with'?'. Well, it certain can't be done by trying to open any of the file types found on the DVD, even if they are associated with the Windows DVD Player.

The simplest way I've found is just to open Windows DVD Player from the Start menu, either before or after putting the DVD in the drive. It scans for available DVDs and then plays them.

It should also be possible to play with Windows DVD Player from File Explorer's 'This PC'. Right-click on the DVD Drive letter, select 'Open Autoplay...' and the Windows DVD Player should be one of the options. If you select it this way, from now on inserting a Video DVD will automatically launch the Windows DVD Player.

There has only ever been one update for the Windows DVD Player, issued in November 2015 to deal with incompatibilities in Windows 10 version 1511. In fact, if you buy the player from the Store you'll get the initial version, shortly followed by this update.
    https://support.microsoft.com/help/3106246

BTW, the FAQ isn't entirely correct in saying...
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...=1438117403084

It is true that it cannot play any other type of video format from a file, but it is perfectly happy to play an ISO of a video DVD if you mount it first then open Windows DVD Player - a virtual optical disc can be played as easily as a real one.

Thema:

1. Microsoft DVD Player - paid $14.99 - does NOT work - Opens then Closes - Similar Threads - Microsoft DVD Player

2. DVD PLAYER DOES NOT WORK

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD PLAYER DOES NOT WORK: After installing WIN 10 on my DELL desktop PC the DVD player in the tower does not work. It does not play music when I insert a disk. The DVD door open and close at different times with a DVD in or without a DVD in it. How can I fix this problem, without having to pay a...
  3. Microsoft Dvd Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Dvd Player: Do I have to purchace the Mocrosoft DVD player for each PC I have? I purchased for my home pc, but also want it on my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-dvd-player/e2f1ac13-4de7-4313-ba56-5dc73ee5d73e
  4. windows DVD player does not work by tray--

windows DVD player does not work by tray--: Hello, I have a 8 year old DELL inspiron 6200--but works great, and I have windows 10 on it. PROBLEM: the windows DVD player worked perfectly--until about 3 weeks ago-- now, external DVD's put in the tower tray will NOT play-- tray works OK-- enter, eject-- but will not...
  5. windows DVD player recently does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows DVD player recently does not work: Hello All, I have windows 10 on an older (2012) Dell Inspiron desktop. The last few days. seemingly for no reason, when I put a commercial DVD in the external tray in the tower (I mean a DVD that I did not "burn" myself) it 1) it does not start automatically, and in fact...
  6. dvd player not working

dvd player not working: My dvd player will not play either CD's or DVD's nor can I see it in Settings How do I correct this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-player-not-working/f0c37058-d372-4b75-a327-f0b75f3a0bae
  7. Microsoft DVD player- does not play DVD-opening screen just spins

Microsoft DVD player- does not play DVD-opening screen just spins: why does my Microsoft DVD player app not play dvd's? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-dvd-player-does-not-play-dvd-opening/2ed9590b-ecd2-4554-96a7-e8096f251113
  8. Windows DVD Player closes at launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows DVD Player closes at launch: Before the Windows DVD Player app purchase, the message on the screen had mentioned that the external DVD Player connected is compatible with the app... and prompted me to buy it. After buying the app, the app displayed 'Loading' for a few seconds and then just closed...
  9. DVD player does NOT work

in Windows 10 Customization
    DVD player does NOT work: IF it can't be fixed I'm going back to WIN7 Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/dvd-player-does-not-work/43671cd0-c2a0-4612-bc3e-5b20e4a313c8
  10. DVD Player not working

DVD Player not working: Just like everyone else when I updated to Windows 10 I experienced my DVD player not working. - When I try to eject by right clicking nothing happens then i get "an error occurred with dvd/cd rom" message -Shows up on my Device Manager, under DVD/CD-Rom Drives, not hidden...