Windows 10: Microsoft Earth Day theme w/10 images how to slideshow all 10.

Discus and support Microsoft Earth Day theme w/10 images how to slideshow all 10. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just downloaded a 10 image theme from Microsoft named Earth Day. Wanted to create a slideshow of this theme as desktop background but can't seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DaveLPG47, Apr 23, 2019.

1. DaveLPG47 Win User

Microsoft Earth Day theme w/10 images how to slideshow all 10.

Just downloaded a 10 image theme from Microsoft named Earth Day. Wanted to create a slideshow of this theme as desktop background but can't seem to find the way. Maybe something simple I'm missing.

I can get a single image (not of my choice) to display as desktop background from this new theme, but I'd like to slideshow all 10 images.

Windows 10 fully updated on a Surface 3.

:)

DaveLPG47, Apr 23, 2019
  2. CaddyMick Win User

FIX: Background Theme Slideshow for Windows 10

Create A Custom Slideshow Theme for Windows 10

=================================

Possible Problems:

1. The option to create a background slideshow is not working in Windows 10.

2. Background Slideshows from a previous Windows version not working or found.

3. Links to a Photo Album: Personalize > Background > Slideshow displays "No items match your search." when selecting a folder containing your pictures.

Update Note: The latest Windows 10 update (November 2015) has corrected most of the issues mentioned in this post. Microsoft Earth Day theme w/10 images how to slideshow all 10. :) Review your Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update for more information.

============================================

If your Slideshow option or theme is not working, or you want to create a new slideshow follow these steps.

SOLUTION: Create a Slideshow Using Windows 10 Settings:

From your Desktop, R-Click the screen and select "Personalize" > Select Background > Slideshow > Browse

Find the folder containing your slideshow pictures and click on it. The image below shows that the folder is empty, and there is nothing to select. Ignore the "No items match your search." text and click the "Choose this folder" button:

Microsoft Earth Day theme w/10 images how to slideshow all 10. f1d17af2-e300-4d2e-a64c-105165cf73a3.jpg

The slides from your folder should appear immediately as your background. Review and select the available options for changing the picture time, shuffle and choose a fit.

1. Update Settings: Return to Settings >Personalization > Select "Themes... Theme Settings"

2. You should see your theme available under the "My Themes" group.

3. Click the "Unsaved Theme" then save it with a new theme name.

Microsoft Earth Day theme w/10 images how to slideshow all 10. c3890f33-41ab-42f3-83ae-29b8f330d276.jpg

To change or update slides simply add or remove image files from your background folder.

Updated: November 26, 2015

CaddyMick, Apr 23, 2019
  3. Slideshow theme causes File Explorer to scroll to top whenever image changes...

Since upgrading to Windows 10 on my PC, using a Slideshow theme as the Desktop background causes File Explorer to scroll to the top every time the image on the slideshow changes. This is rather frustrating if you have more than a screenful of data or photos,
    etc. to scroll through.

Using any of my non-slideshow themes causes no problems.

If I use a custom color - IOW the color does not change with the Slideshow but remains constant - File Manager behaves properly.

Any suggestions? I enjoy my slideshow and it is a pain (location of pain left up to reader) to have to disable it/set a custom color for File Manager to not bounce about...

Sandra Buskey, Apr 23, 2019
  4. Microsoft Earth Day theme w/10 images how to slideshow all 10.

Making a theme a slideshow in Windows 10

There's a couple different issues we're talking about here. OP appears to have a problem wherein the desktop wallpaper when set to slideshow mode doesn't advance properly. I don't know how to reproduce this and since I don't know that part I don't know
    how to solve this. I'd like to help them with that, but don't have any useful information to proffer there at this point. I've noted it and will keep it in the back of my mind as regards potentially finding a repro to look at and thus fixing it.

You seemed to have an unrelated problem as regards editing Themes in Windows. Let's take a step back here. The personalization data you set - via Settings:Microsoft Earth Day theme w/10 images how to slideshow all 10. :personalization or via the control panel - gets saved out to your theme. That theme can be accessed
    in the Themes control panel. If you right-click on your modified theme, which will show up as "Unsaved Theme" in the Themes menu, you can "Save theme for sharing", in which case it's saved out to your Documents folder, same as it was back in Windows all the
    versions. Microsoft Earth Day theme w/10 images how to slideshow all 10. :)

In order to get your theme to feature a slideshow for image display, you can either use the top drop-down in the Settings app under Personalize and change that to "Slideshow", or you can use the control panel I pointed you to and select multiple images in
    that control panel. Either one puts you in slideshow mode.

If you want to save out your Theme from Windows 8.x, go to the Themes control panel, right-click on it, and choose "Save Theme For Sharing." Then load it on the Windows 10 PC. That's the supported way to do that. If you want to go off into the weeds,
    you could always browse on out to %localappdata%\Microsoft\windows\themes and %appdata%\Microsoft\windows\themes where the raw data here is kept - but that's markedly inferior to simply saving out your theme.

I love fixing problems for people. I love solving problems for people. I don't like sad or confused users: there's already enough sadness and confusion in the world. I assure you - as you can probably see again here through the novel I wrote again - that
    I'm well-intentioned here. If I'm not understanding you, I apologize. Put up a screenshot of the "Personalize" page of Settings where it doesn't let you choose a slideshow, and I'll see what I can figure out based upon that. There are some policy overrides
    here, but I doubt they'd be in effect on any normal system. Microsoft Earth Day theme w/10 images how to slideshow all 10. :)

zachd [MSFT], Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Earth Day theme w/10 images how to slideshow all 10.

1. Microsoft Earth Day theme w/10 images how to slideshow all 10. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Earth theme

2. How to make a theme not turn into a slideshow but instead a picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make a theme not turn into a slideshow but instead a picture: I need help with this because my wallpaper keeps changing because of the theme, I can't select the picture I want on the theme. Can I select a picture from a slideshow on a theme in Windows 10?...
  3. How to make a theme not turn into a slideshow but instead a picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make a theme not turn into a slideshow but instead a picture: I need help with this because my wallpaper keeps changing because of the theme, I can't select the picture I want on the theme. Can I select a picture from a slideshow on a theme in Windows 10?...
  4. How to make a theme not turn into a slideshow but instead a picture

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. removal of Live Earth: South Atlantic theme

removal of Live Earth: South Atlantic theme: how do I uninstall this theme I have tried everything including contacting Robolam via tweet and no reply I change my theme and then every hour this comes back onto my screen. I would like very much for it to be removed and a warning sign or information on how to delete...
  6. Wallpaper Slideshow Themes

Wallpaper Slideshow Themes: For those who have a wallpaper slideshow themes, what is your theme? My current one, which I've have for the past four years, is slideshow of 2,000+ high-res artworks from major artists from western civilization, curated from Wikimedia Commons and elsewhere and meticulously...
  7. Watch Microsoft Unboxed: Earth Day Ep. 11

in Windows 10 News
    Watch Microsoft Unboxed: Earth Day Ep. 11: This Earth Day, learn more about how Microsoft programs and technology benefit the environment on Microsoft Unboxed. Colleen discusses Microsoft president Brad Smith’s blog outlining the company’s new commitments to sustainability, with a focus on carbon elimination,...
  8. Theme Slideshow folder unchangeable

Theme Slideshow folder unchangeable: I created a new theme and added a slideshow background. It worked fine. I then wanted to create a new theme with a different folder. No matter how I attempt to create that new theme, ie. many different starting points, the folder from the original theme seems to be locked in....
  9. Slideshow background images

Slideshow background images: I upgraded to 10 from 8.1. In 8.1 I had a slide show desktop background. That carried forward into 10 ( I still have the slideshow background). However, I cannot find where the images are located on the computer. Would like to modify but need to know where they are. 18606
  10. How to get rid of all W 10 on computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get rid of all W 10 on computer.: Hope someone can help please. I am unable to update to W. 10. (Tried many times). I would like to rid my computer of all reference to W 10. So far, I have Unreserved update, using "get windows app. Uninstalled updates KB 3035583 and KB3021917 and have hidden these...