Windows 10: Microsoft ecosystem

Discus and support Microsoft ecosystem in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I'm am sure we will one-day get a windows phone to be the processing power house for a short-range Wi-Fi regular size classes version of Hololens AR... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by siegfriedgreding, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Microsoft ecosystem

I'm am sure we will one-day get a windows phone to be the processing power house for a short-range Wi-Fi regular size classes version of Hololens AR head set.

So with that in mind do y'all think Microsoft would make its own version of

YouTube

Tiktok

Social media

Ect to add to its current ecosystem

So that we have all those things in one place. Kinda of like what Apple is doing right now?

:)

siegfriedgreding, Oct 5, 2020

2. Nokia-Microsoft ecosystem alliance

Well in my point of view, I thik that this alliance can work, I see a lot of Nokia fans here in the forums angry with this strategy of chosing w7 and microsoft as partner.

But the point is that Nokia was already losing the top smartphone battle and if Nokia chosed andriod that is the forum people favorite as option, all the money from the ecosystem will go no for Nokia but for google, so is smart and brave risk a little in order
    to try to create a new ecosystem where Nokia will share that income with microsoft.

Why dont pick symbian^3 or the linux based meego or maebo (always confused by the name) to create the new ecosystem... well because that is slow and just will be a applicacions ecosystem and Nokia cant allow lose more time that the one already did.

But development for w7 is easy and transparent for all the people that already develop fot windows OS, and you gain access to all the other microsoft markets and partners, this is important because can lure more users and open oportunities that apple and
    google dont have.

I must confess that this alliance is more dangerous for Nokia that for microsoft because there are a lot of people that still see microsoft as an evil monster, but today is google who is more agressive to dominate markets and slain the rivals.

I'm a little scared because still havent used a w7 phone (just 1 model in Mexico at the moment) but I'm a big fan of Nokia hardware, their phones are almost indestructible, great battery life and excelent quality signal.

I just had an Iphone 3G and the best of it is their OS the hardware is cute and easy to use but the battery time is not good (if you compare it to my former 6 Nokias and my brand new N8) and is fragile, i saw some friends iphones with the crashed screen.

The symbian^3 OS is not what I expected, is not cute and I think that it have some problems that I'm sure the software updates should solve, so the only problem that I see now is the lack of nice apps.

So I really hope that this alliance works because Nokia is a great phone maker and I belive that the parnership with microsoft will create a big ecosystem that will lure a lot of users and can open new markets that apple and google dont have and cant start
    fast.

So good luck for Microsoft and Nokia.

JavierSantoyo, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 5, 2020
  4. curatia Win User

Microsoft ecosystem

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft ecosystem

1. Microsoft ecosystem - Similar Threads - Microsoft ecosystem

2. Microsoft has converted Windows to its own ransomware!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft has converted Windows to its own ransomware!: I have an old laptop that came with winXP preinstalled, it was upgraded to win7 by the previous owner. They wiped it in preparation for selling it to me using the "prepare to sell" option, I'm sure. When I logged onto the computer after the wipe, it now shows as non-genuine....
  3. Broken Microsoft Ecosystem Constructive Criticism Critical Analysis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken Microsoft Ecosystem Constructive Criticism Critical Analysis: Hi all, It has been years, and Microsoft has a broken ecosystem. There are an unstoppable number of bugs in Windows, Microsoft Authentication, Teams and Azure. These bugs feel so deep-rooted it almost feels like Microsoft is not ready to fix them. Here are my observations.:-...
  4. Broken Microsoft Ecosystem Constructive Criticism Critical Analysis

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken Microsoft Ecosystem Constructive Criticism Critical Analysis: Hi all, It has been years, and Microsoft has a broken ecosystem. There are an unstoppable number of bugs in Windows, Microsoft Authentication, Teams and Azure. These bugs feel so deep-rooted it almost feels like Microsoft is not ready to fix them. Here are my observations.:-...
  5. Broken Microsoft Ecosystem Constructive Criticism Critical Analysis

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Microsoft ecosystem I am hopeful that one day we will get a Windows mobile phone to be the...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft ecosystem I am hopeful that one day we will get a Windows mobile phone to be the...: I'm am sure we will one-day get a windows phone to be the processing power house for a short-range Wi-Fi regular size classes version of Hololens AR head set. So with that in mind do y'all think Microsoft would make its own version of YouTube Tiktok Social media Ect...
  7. Microsoft Expanding the Designed for Xbox Ecosystem to Mobile Gaming Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Expanding the Designed for Xbox Ecosystem to Mobile Gaming Mobile: [ATTACH] As Kareem Choudhry shared last month, our vision for Project xCloud is to empower gamers to play the games they want, with the people they want, anywhere they want. We’re building this technology so gamers can decide when and how they play. While the technology is...
  8. Growing the Azure Ecosystem with Microsoft Azure Stack

in Windows 10 News
    Growing the Azure Ecosystem with Microsoft Azure Stack: Today, I am in Toronto at the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference discussing the opportunities enabled by Microsoft Azure Stack with our partners. When we talk to customers about bringing the innovation of the public cloud to their datacenters, it’s amazing to watch the...
  9. Microsoft & Facebook create open ecosystem to make AI more accessible

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft & Facebook create open ecosystem to make AI more accessible: At Microsoft our commitment is to make AI more accessible and valuable for everyone. We offer a variety of platforms and tools to facilitate this, including our Cognitive Toolkit, an open source framework for building deep neural networks. We also work with other...
  10. Microsoft Partnering with AV ecosystem to protect Windows 10 customers

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Partnering with AV ecosystem to protect Windows 10 customers: On Friday May 12th, and for several days afterwards, more than a quarter-million computers around the world fell victim to the ransomware known as WannaCrypt or WannaCry. As that recent event has shown, malicious actors bring nearly boundless time and skill to commit...