Windows 10: microsoft edge after updating to version 1903 stopped working, disappeared

Discus and support microsoft edge after updating to version 1903 stopped working, disappeared in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i have seen steps to try get microedge reactivated after updating to 1903. PROBLEM I cannot access any of the pages to do so. Micro Edge somehow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WmDEAN, Oct 8, 2019.

1. WmDEAN Win User

microsoft edge after updating to version 1903 stopped working, disappeared

i have seen steps to try get microedge reactivated after updating to 1903. PROBLEM I cannot access any of the pages

to do so. Micro Edge somehow had controlled a lot of pages, ex: cannot click on a photo to view and or share ,

other saved documents cannot access ! I am not computer or internet savy. WHY don't Microsoft edge offer a SIMPLE FIX for

dummies ? I feel this their way to try charge dollars-which I refuse !!! was told the 1903 update be good necessary - IT is NOT.

If I don't get a fix/ will trash Microsoft and go get a APPLE computer.

:)

WmDEAN, Oct 8, 2019
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Microsoft Edge has stopped woorking

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons why suddenly Edge would stop working. The first troubleshooting step that we can try is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out
    this link for more information and download link for the troubleshooter.

If the above step won't work, we also suggest resetting Edge. For this, follow the steps below:

• Close Microsoft Edge browser.
    • On the Cortana search bar, type Default App settings.
    • Click on Microsoft Edge (the list may not include Edge if your operating system is not on Creators Update.)
    • Under Microsoft Edge, click Advanced options.
    • Click the Reset button and confirm.
    • Restart your PC.
    Note: Your PC must be updated to the latest version of Windows for this troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Oct 8, 2019
  3. PSuchwhy Win User
    Update version 1903

When updating to version 1903, my computer gets stuck at 27% completed after 5 hours of updating. Can anyone tell me what is happening? Also, version 1809 showed on my list of failed installs and then it disappeared from the list. Was there a 1809?

PSuchwhy, Oct 8, 2019
  4. MelaniePC Win User

Microsoft Edge

Downloaded Windows 10 a couple of weeks ago then last week I got the critical error message that the start-up menu was not working. Cortana stopped and Microsoft edge along with its icon went missing. I followed the suggestion to try F8 and today got back
    the start up menu. The search works intermittently but nothing else. I followed the steps above but it seems that along with the disappearance of Microsoft Edge, there is no trace of Internet Explorer either. I just have Chrome. Anyone know what to do or have
    any suggestions where edge and explorer have gone???

MelaniePC, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

1. microsoft edge after updating to version 1903 stopped working, disappeared - Similar Threads - microsoft edge updating

2. Windows will not update after Version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows will not update after Version 1903: My Windows 10 has not updated since Aug. 21, 2019. The Windows Update says updates has not been checked since 2019.09.16. System specs, state Windows 10 Home, 1903, 18362.356. I keep clicking check and retry every few weeks, but Microsoft or my install doesn't appear to...
  3. After Updating To windows version 1903, product key not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Updating To windows version 1903, product key not working: After Updating To windows version 1903 on 31dec 2019, product key not working for me, I'm having windows activation error 0x80004005 . before that everything is fine...
  4. Bluetooth not working after Updating Windows to version 1903 and 19093

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth not working after Updating Windows to version 1903 and 19093: Greetings Microsoft Community, I'm here asking for assistance after trying a bunch of troubleshoots in order to fix Bluetooth that was ruined by windows update for around two days. Bluetooth is shown in the action Center But that button literally does nothing, not...
  5. Microsoft Edge stopped working after V1909/KB4517245 Update

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge stopped working after V1909/KB4517245 Update: My winver is V1903 OS 18362.476. Microsoft Edge stopped working after V1909/KB4517245 Enhancement Update Microsoft Edge would immediately close. The default behavior of Microsoft Edge is to close immediately when all tab's close. sfc /scannow did not find anything...
  6. Microsoft Store stopped working, disappeared.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store stopped working, disappeared.: Ok, so, I couldn't download apps outside of the Microsoft Store, so I upgraded out of Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Home. However, It would crash whenever I tried to acsess the store. Suddenly, when I came home and I went to check on the store, It wasn't there. I tried looking...
  7. Version 1903 update stopped my bluetooth working.

Version 1903 update stopped my bluetooth working.: On 03 Oct 19 my windows got updated to version 1903. Unfortunately it broke my bluetooth completely. I can neither add a bluetooth device nor can connect to already paired devices. I did sfc/ scannow. Found some corrupt files but can not mend them. Please access to my log...
  8. Interactive Projector stopped working after 1903 update

Interactive Projector stopped working after 1903 update: Greetings everyone, I have a pretty sizable number of Epson Brightlink interactive projectors which after the last cumulative update for 1903 suddenly stopped allowing for desktop interactivity. I've managed to get one to function by removing the USB extension cable and...
  9. After 1903 update audio jack stop working.

After 1903 update audio jack stop working.: I have updated windows 1903, now audio jack doesn't work. If you put headphones and then restart my laptop, it start working in next boot. And after that if I remove headphones and re-plug it stop working. Speakers working fine, I have update all drivers, removed audio...
  10. Dolby driver not working after updated to version 1903

Dolby driver not working after updated to version 1903: My Lenovo G480 laptop has Dolby audio inside and is working fine in Windows 10 version 1809 while installing the driver in safe mode with driver signature disabled. However, when I updated to version 1903, the Dolby driver stopped working and the quality of the sound became...