Windows 10: Microsoft Edge (also steam) having this issue of not opening just in the taskbar

Discus and support Microsoft Edge (also steam) having this issue of not opening just in the taskbar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IceHawx55 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IceHawx55, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Microsoft Edge (also steam) having this issue of not opening just in the taskbar

/u/IceHawx55, Dec 23, 2020

2. Unwanted search bar on Microsoft Edge and Steam Browser

Hi Noah,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you clear the data of Edge and check if the issue persist. To do so follow the steps below:

• Navigate to the location:
    C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbw

• Delete everything in this folder.
    • Restart Microsoft Edge and check.
    With respect to issue that you are facing with Steam I would suggest that you contact the developer as we do not support third part application.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Trying to pin 'Microsoft Edge' to taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the issue that you are facing currently, and we in Community will try to resolve your issue the best way we can.

I would like to suggest that you follow the steps below to resolve your issue:

• Go to task manager. (To open press ctrl+alt+delete)
    • Click on Details, select explorer.exe and click End Task.
    • Go to file, located on the top left corner of task manager
    • Type explorer.exe and click on OK.
    Try to pin Edge to taskbar and check if the issue still persist.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Microsoft Edge (also steam) having this issue of not opening just in the taskbar

microsoft edge icon missing from task bar

Hi Robert,

We suggest that you open Microsoft Edge via Run just to verify if Microsoft Edge is installed in the PC. If it comes up, pin it to the taskbar.

To open Microsoft Edge via Run, see steps below:

• Open Run by pressing the Windows key + R.
    • In the text field, type microsoft-edge: and then click
      OK

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Edge (also steam) having this issue of not opening just in the taskbar

1. Microsoft Edge (also steam) having this issue of not opening just in the taskbar - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge steam

2. My games on Steam owont open, is that an issue with steam or just the computer itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games on Steam owont open, is that an issue with steam or just the computer itself?: Ive been trying to play games on steam, but nothing is working! I just paid 1.7k for this computer last week and it's already having problems...
  3. My games on Steam owont open, is that an issue with steam or just the computer itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My games on Steam owont open, is that an issue with steam or just the computer itself?: Ive been trying to play games on steam, but nothing is working! I just paid 1.7k for this computer last week and it's already having problems...
  4. Copilot button just opens Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copilot button just opens Edge: When I make any modification to the Environment Variables it breaks my Copilot – Copilot button will just open Edge.Firstly it happened to me when I was cleaning Path files from pyenv and Python, when I reinstalled Python back, the behaviour was still same. I reverted changes...
  5. Copilot button just opens Edge

Copilot button just opens Edge: When I make any modification to the Environment Variables it breaks my Copilot – Copilot button will just open Edge.Firstly it happened to me when I was cleaning Path files from pyenv and Python, when I reinstalled Python back, the behaviour was still same. I reverted changes...
  6. Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening: Over this last week I have discovered that every time I have tried to open the Taskbar Settings on this Computer details attached they will not open. I get as far as opening the Personalization Settings, and when I click on Taskbar from the left panel it just not open. I have...
  7. Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening

Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening: Over this last week I have discovered that every time I have tried to open the Taskbar Settings on this Computer details attached they will not open. I get as far as opening the Personalization Settings, and when I click on Taskbar from the left panel it just not open. I have...
  8. Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Microsoft Edge pinned on taskbar opening another window.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge pinned on taskbar opening another window.: Hi everyone! I would like to ask why is Microsoft Edge opening another window instead of stacking up in the pinned program in the taskbar? Whenever I start-up Edge, instead of opening on the pinned icon on the taskbar, it opens another one right next to the other icons. It...
  10. Font messed up in Microsoft Edge and Steam

in Browsers and Email
    Font messed up in Microsoft Edge and Steam: Hey all, loving Windows 10 so far *Biggrin, however, i do have 1 issue at the moment Please see the attached image, this font is also used in Steam in the store. All of the items listed are in this font, making it very hard to read. Anyone have any idea how you change...