Windows 10: Microsoft Edge and Continuum: Your desktop browser on a phone

Discus and support Microsoft Edge and Continuum: Your desktop browser on a phone in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Continuum for Phones, available on select Windows 10 Mobile devices, allows customers to connect their phone to a monitor, projector, or TV for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft Edge and Continuum: Your desktop browser on a phone

Source: Microsoft Edge and Continuum: Your desktop browser on a phone | Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

:)

Brink, Aug 23, 2016

2. Why continuum prevent so many apps from running?

Thanks for this, I ended up reading up about it after I posted.

Just a FYI for anyone looking to get netflix working on Continuum, if you change the Edge browser settings to display desktop websites and access netflix via the browser, it should work. Microsoft Edge and Continuum: Your desktop browser on a phone :)

I Spiritus I, Aug 23, 2016
  3. NJHUK Win User
    Display dock with Lumia 950 XL and BBC iPlayer app

it works both ways, though.

For example, go to amazon prime video on the phone browser and you will be told that the web player is not supported by your device. Go to the same site when docked through continuum edge browser and bingo, watch away to your heart's content....

At least on the phone version you can spoof the user agent (by setting desktop rather than mobile mode) the irony is you cant do it the other way round....

I am sure that as the feedback comes in, each of these little oddities will be addressed.

NJHUK, Aug 23, 2016
Thema:

Microsoft Edge and Continuum: Your desktop browser on a phone

1. Microsoft Edge and Continuum: Your desktop browser on a phone - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Continuum

2. Your browser is managed by your organization says Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Your browser is managed by your organization says Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge may display a Managed by your organization message when you open the 3-dot More menu in the top-right corner. Clicking on this link will take you to the following page in your Edge browser: edge://management This page will display: Microsoft Edge is...
  3. MICROSOFT EDGE Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MICROSOFT EDGE Browser: MICROSOFT EDGE Browser want load up. I have tryed loading up from the taskbar, start menu, and MICROSOFT MENU. Can you HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-browser/aa3896c1-57c7-46ee-a1df-04f2fc0da476
  4. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge Browser: Why are you guys MICROSOFT forcing people to keep the microsoft edge browser and claiming that it is an absolutely necessary app to keep? Furthermore, why do you guys keep saying that without it, windows will not operate/ function properly?? Windows did not always have the...
  5. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Browser: Microsoft Edge Browser automatically installed itself on my computer. I do not want this browser, I am happy with my current browser. How can this be uninstalled in its entirety? Thanks again....
  6. Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge browser: I'm getting a message that tells me to update to a new browser. It names Microsoft Edge, Mozilla and Chrome. Won 't my Windows 10 updates take care of updating the browser?...
  7. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Cortana
    Microsoft Edge Browser: When is Microsoft going to integrate voice command in the Edge/Explorer browser, like Google's browser? Seems like Cortana is left out in the cold on this one. :( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-browser/12608181-186d-4d84-99bd-12a7eff25425"
  8. "Get Microsoft Edge on your phone" harassment popups

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Get Microsoft Edge on your phone" harassment popups: Micro$oft has taken up a new habit of begging me to put Edge on my phone - with popups showing up pretty much every day. I don't WANT to put Edge on my phone. I DON'T EVEN WANT EDGE ON MY COMPUTER! HOW do I make it stop harassing me about this???...
  9. Optimizing apps for Continuum for phone

in Windows 10 News
    Optimizing apps for Continuum for phone: With Windows 10, you have the productivity of a PC in your pocket. Continuum for phone enables you to connect a Windows mobile device to any external display with the new Microsoft Display Dock, USB-C, or Miracast. Once connected, you can interact with Windows 10 apps on that...
  10. Continuum for Phones: Making the Phone Work Like a PC

in Windows 10 News
    Continuum for Phones: Making the Phone Work Like a PC: Imagine having a phone that works like a PC. Continuum for Phones makes this a reality, enabling Windows customers to get things done like never before. Check out the ways this capability comes alive. You’ll be able to travel and leave your laptop at home, knowing you’re...