Windows 10: Microsoft Edge And E-mail app keep asking credentials

Discus and support Microsoft Edge And E-mail app keep asking credentials in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm having this problem since last week and i'm really sick and tired of it. Every morning when i turn up the laptop and will check e-mail i encounter... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by LM2007, Jan 7, 2021.

1. LM2007 Win User

Microsoft Edge And E-mail app keep asking credentials

I'm having this problem since last week and i'm really sick and tired of it. Every morning when i turn up the laptop and will check e-mail i encounter the problem that it says info is out dated or that need to fix, even Microsoft Edge.

Edition Windows 10 HomeVersion 20H2Installed on ‎7/‎15/‎2020OS build 19042.685Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

:)

LM2007, Jan 7, 2021

2. Microsoft Edge and Mail programs

John

I ran the steps to reinstall Windows 10 default apps after Defender showed no problems. I have my mail program back but instead of Edge I have Internet Explorer. Edge has got to be on this machine somewhere because when I clicked on a hyperlink in an e-mail
    (that I trust) it opened in Edge. But I can't find edge in the programs.

If I click on start and type Microsoft Edge a list comes up with the Edge icon at the top and further down Edge is listed. I have tried right clicking and pinning to start but nothing happens. I have tried double left clicking to try to open but nothing
    happens.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Joan Poythress

JoanPoythress, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Top Border edges of Web Pages in Microsoft Edge or in the Mail App missing Windows 10.

Hi Samson,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

We understand that, top Border edges of Web Pages on Microsoft Edge and the Mail App are missing on Windows 10.

We are glad to assist you to fix the issue.

• Is this issue specific to Microsoft Edge and the Mail App ?
    I suggest you to press F11 key on these Microsoft Edge and Mail App Windows and check, if you could get all options on top Border edges of these Windows.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Microsoft Edge And E-mail app keep asking credentials :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge And E-mail app keep asking credentials - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge mail

2. Microsoft E-Mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft E-Mail?: Received this E-Mail "Dear ******************, We are closing all old versions of our Mailbox Today Monday, October 10, 2022, 8:34:52 PM. We hereby inform you that your *********** account will be closed in the next 24 hours, If you fail to verify your email account with the...
  3. Microsoft E-Mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft E-Mail?: Received this E-Mail "Dear ******************, We are closing all old versions of our Mailbox Today Monday, October 10, 2022, 8:34:52 PM. We hereby inform you that your *********** account will be closed in the next 24 hours, If you fail to verify your email account with the...
  4. Windows keep asking your credentials

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows keep asking your credentials: Dear, One of our customers is complaining about this message, that is why I did put all accent on the problem.Sadly there are tons of solutions regarding with the Group Policy which are not a solution for this issue.This started to appear when the user changed the sing in...
  5. Microsoft e-mail problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft e-mail problem: I received a message from Microsoft that my e-mail may have been compromised and I should change my Password. I did. Since then my Microsoft e-mail stopped working. I did the recommended fixes including Microsoft updates. No help. It is not a Password issue or a SSL...
  6. Outlook keeps asking for smtp credentials

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook keeps asking for smtp credentials: I have this strange problem starting about 3 days ago. Every now and then outlook 2016 keep asking me to save username and pw to smtp server. I enter the credentials but the same message comes back again. I logged into my mail account repaired the mail but it still comes up ....
  7. Is it genuine Microsoft e-mail ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it genuine Microsoft e-mail ?: Hi, today I received email from: " *** Email address is removed for privacy *** " is it genuine e-mail from microsoft or someone affiliated with microsoft? Thanks...
  8. Help with "Outbox" e-mails not being in new Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Help with "Outbox" e-mails not being in new Microsoft Edge: Hello, I need help figuring out why all my e-mails that I have set up using the "delay delivery" option are not being sent. I can't get the little "paper airplane" to show up showing my e-mail is ready to go. This function is a huge part of my job and I'm VERY frustrated...
  9. Change default e-mail app in Microsoft Teams

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change default e-mail app in Microsoft Teams: Hello Everyone, Our employer recently rolled out Microsoft Teams to our laptops and it was integrated with Skype so there is no going back to Skype. When I start a chat with one of my colleagues and I want to send him an email from that chat, I click on his name in the top...
  10. WebDAV keeps asking for credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WebDAV keeps asking for credentials: Hi, Some of my clients have slightly different issues about WebDAV connections. Some of them are prompted on each file (essentially PDFs and MS Office files), some of them on first connection, some of them only with PDFs. The connection is of course saved in the Windows...