Windows 10: Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11

Discus and support Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I play a game that when I click on a link in the Chat it opens my browser and opens it directly to the link, but my Default browser is Microsoft Edge... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Rip, Nov 26, 2015.

1. RIP
    Rip Win User

Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11

I play a game that when I click on a link in the Chat it opens my browser and opens it directly to the link, but my Default browser is Microsoft Edge but, it always opens for me Internet Explorer 11.
    Can anyone help me in this please?

:)

2. VinLee#1 Win User

Microsoft Edge

Confused, Microsoft Edge the same as internet explore 11. Trying to stream video show on cbc.ca and suggest to use Internet explorer 11. If explorer 11 is not part of Microsoft edge, can you have Microsoft edge and internet explorer 11 on the same
    computer. I am using windows 10 on a dell all in one inspirion.

Thanks Kerry

VinLee#1, Nov 26, 2015
  3. RSS feeds not working in IE 11

Microsoft Edge is the default browser in Windows 10 operating system which is built-in.
    While Internet Explorer 11 is the latest version of Internet Explorer that can be use from Windows 7 and up.

In this case, we suggest you to run the RSS links with Internet Explorer 11 since they are all working fine with it.
    You may also refer to the links below to know more about Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11.

Jamille Nar, Nov 26, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Rip, *Smile

See if using OPTON SIX in the tutorial below to select Microsoft Edge, and click/tap on Set this program as default may help. It will set Microsoft Edge as the default program for all supported file associations.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...a.html#option6

Brink, Nov 26, 2015
  5. RIP
    Rip Win User
    I've Microsoft Edge as the Default Application, but it doesn't open it for me when I click on a link.

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Just to verify, when you look in Default Programs in that option in the tutorial I posted, does it show "This program as 9 out of 9 defaults" for Microsoft Edge indicating that all supported file types are associated?

Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 [​IMG]

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Internet

2. Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet Explorer 11: Internet Explorer 11 is nowhere to be found on my computer. I'm using Windows 10 (64 bit). It's just not there. How do I find it or do I need to download it even though I'm told it's included in Windows 10?...
  3. Modernizing TLS connections in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 News
    Modernizing TLS connections in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11: Today, we’re announcing our intent to disable Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.0 and 1.1 by default in supported versions of Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 in the first half of 2020.This change, alongside similar announcements from other browser vendors, supports...
  4. Internet explorer 11

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet explorer 11: I can't find Internet Explorer 11 on my computer and it was they're like 2 months ago. What do I do? I've gone on to add it on programs and features and it's not even there and it's not under Windows accessories in the start menu...
  5. Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer 11: I uninstalled IE 11 after it ceased being accessible from my Windows10 laptop. I was not able to reinstall using any method. Is there a fix for this? Scotty...
  6. Cannot play video with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot play video with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11: Greetings everyone: When going to the following page, there is a video, it plays in Chrome but not Internet Explorer 11 or Edge, anyone knows what plug-in is actually used and how to fix it as it's the same reason moji's are not playing in skype....
  7. Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11: Hi again, I managed to see my friends Windows 10, Home edition, manage to get another problem now. I did try to change the default browser i.e. change Windows Edge to Internet explorer. However when I clicked on change browser, internet explorer was chosen, nothing...
  8. Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11: Not too keen on the Edge browser so how can I go back to my IE 11 and still keep Edge. 33157
  9. Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11: Internet explorer 11 will not open, did an upgrade from 8.1 to 10 home edition. I have run a repair install & dism /restorehealth , unchecked ie 11 in programs & features rebooted and still nothing need help. 23758
  10. RC4 is now deprecated in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 News
    RC4 is now deprecated in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11: In September 2015, Microsoft announced the end-of-support for the RC4 cipher in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 in 2016, as there is consensus across the industry that RC4 is no longer cryptographically secure. Today, we are releasing KB3151631 with the August 9,...