Windows 10: Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer Font issues....

Discus and support Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer Font issues.... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; when i open Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge and use any search engines (bing, google, etc..), my search results come back with links that i cannot... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by peeratt, Aug 24, 2015.

1. peeratt Win User

Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer Font issues....

when i open Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge and use any search engines (bing, google, etc..), my search results come back with links that i cannot understand (all except Google, Bing, etc logos), it appears fonts are changed only in search results. If i manually type address of locations then texts are fine. I am almost certain its a registry error and unsure where to look to fix. Anyone have the answer it would be greatly appreciated. Oh, system was scanned for virus's, malware, rootkit's, all clean.

:)

peeratt, Aug 24, 2015

2. Font Problems - IE11, Edge, FDF docs, Apps

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.
    We understand your concern font issues with IE11, Edge, FDF docs, Apps on Windows 10 and I'd be glad to help you.

This issue occurs due to corrupted or incorrect font settings on web browsers.

Microsoft Edge browser font settings:

Ensure to install any pending updates on the computer and restart the system to check, if this helps. You can follow these steps to check, if this helps:

• From “More options” click on “Settings”.

• Change the “reading view font size”.

Please refer to the suggestions of ZeroCause, replied on August 3, 2015, to fix your issue with font corruption in Microsoft Edge browser.

Font corruption in Microsoft Edge

Internet Explorer browser font settings:

Let’s refer to the suggestions of Don Varnau, replied on January 22, 2014, to fix your issue with font corruption in Internet Explorer browser.

When I go on certain websites on Internet Explorer, the font changes to an italicised bolded font

Also, try to refer to the section "Changing the font, formatting and colors on pages in the desktop" from the Microsoft article link below, for more information on Internet Explorer 11 browser:

Internet Explorer Ease of Access options:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/ie-accessibilty-options#ie=ie-11

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Aug 24, 2015
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Problem with text in IE 11 or Explorer Edge

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with appearance of text in Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge incorrect settings.

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and try to change the fonts and text size in Internet Explorer 11. Check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/ie-accessibilty-options#ie=ie-11

Method 2:

To change font style and size in Microsoft Edge, I suggest you to try these steps and check if it helps:

a. Open Microsoft Edge.

b. Click on More Actions (...) and then click on Settings.

c. Under the section Reading change the options Reading view style
    and Reading view font size. Check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer Font issues....

1. Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer Font issues.... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Internet

2. Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer mode not working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer mode not working.: As the support for Internet Explorer has ended some private companies who still have applications that compatible only to IE, switching to Edge in IE mode still don't work?...
  3. Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer mode not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer mode not working.: As the support for Internet Explorer has ended some private companies who still have applications that compatible only to IE, switching to Edge in IE mode still don't work?...
  4. Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer mode not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: Hi Community,I’ve been trying to access an internet explorer website using my macbook on microsoft edge. however the website prompts me to download internet explorer 11 or higher in order to access.however i have not found a solution....
  6. Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: Hi Community,I’ve been trying to access an internet explorer website using my macbook on microsoft edge. however the website prompts me to download internet explorer 11 or higher in order to access.however i have not found a solution....
  7. internet explorer , not microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet explorer , not microsoft edge: hi all, I took my internet explorer off my task bar and now I cant use anything but Microsoft EDGE , which I hate. Can anyone tell me how I can get my old internet explorer search engine back? thanks james...
  8. Internet is not working in Microsoft edge, internet explorer, Microsoft store and cortana....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet is not working in Microsoft edge, internet explorer, Microsoft store and cortana....: I tried reset internet properties and Inplace Microsoft upgrade but nothing helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-is-not-working-in-microsoft-edge-internet/0297ef94-a40f-4378-baf1-cba90c6c75f5
  9. Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11: I play a game that when I click on a link in the Chat it opens my browser and opens it directly to the link, but my Default browser is Microsoft Edge but, it always opens for me Internet Explorer 11. Can anyone help me in this please? 31738
  10. Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer: How to: Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer How to Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...