Windows 10: Microsoft Edge and other Microsoft Store apps might not connect to the Internet after...

Discus and support Microsoft Edge and other Microsoft Store apps might not connect to the Internet after... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After installing the Windows 10 October 2018 update (version 1809), Microsoft Store apps are no longer able to connect to the Internet. For example,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lonnie_L, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Lonnie_L Win User

Microsoft Edge and other Microsoft Store apps might not connect to the Internet after...

After installing the Windows 10 October 2018 update (version 1809), Microsoft Store apps are no longer able to connect to the Internet. For example, Microsoft Edge is unable to connect to any websites, displaying the message, “Hmmm...can’t reach this page.” Apps like Mail, Calendar, and News are not working properly. And Microsoft Store says to check my connection.

Non-Store apps, such as Internet Explorer, are still able to connect to the Internet.

:)

Lonnie_L, Oct 4, 2018

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Microsoft store and Edge not working

Hi Javier,

There may be an issue with the settings or files of Windows Store and Microsoft Edge that is why they cannot connect to the Internet. If you currently have the version 1709 (Fall Creators Update) of Windows 10, you can use the repair app tool to resolve
    the issue. To run the tool, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Apps.
    • On the left pane, choose Apps & features.
    • Look for the Windows Store app, and then select it.
    • Click Advanced options.
    • You can choose either "Repair" or "Reset". Choose Repair.
    • Do the same steps to Microsoft Edge.
    • Access Windows Store and Microsoft Edge to see if they will connect to the Internet.
    • If the issue persists, we recommend that you use the reset tool. This will clear the data of the apps. You can follow the same steps again but instead of choosing "Repair", choose
      Reset.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Oct 4, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft Edge and other Microsoft Store apps might not connect to the Internet after...

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-purging-lot-low-quality-apps-windows-store

P4-630, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge and other Microsoft Store apps might not connect to the Internet after... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Microsoft

2. Microsoft Store will not connect to the Internet

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store will not connect to the Internet: My PC connects to the Internet with no problems, I can connect to Microsoft services like my OneDrive immediately and indeed the community. However, I cannot get the Store to connect. In the past I have needed plugins and codecs and have been unable to get them but have found...
  3. Microsoft Store will not connect to the Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store will not connect to the Internet: My PC connects to the Internet with no problems, I can connect to Microsoft services like my OneDrive immediately and indeed the community. However, I cannot get the Store to connect. In the past I have needed plugins and codecs and have been unable to get them but have found...
  4. Microsoft Store will not connect to the Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Internet Connection OFFLINE for Microsoft Store Apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Connection OFFLINE for Microsoft Store Apps: 1st time met such a problem as 1st time in use for Microsoft Store & its Apps, Apps downloadable, but after Launch reporting back "No Internet Connection", .. just clean installed Windows 10 2004 on 7 Novemberseems - it solved WiFi Icon & in Settings - appeared be showing...
  6. Xbox app, Microsoft Store app, and other Microsoft apps not connecting to the internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox app, Microsoft Store app, and other Microsoft apps not connecting to the internet: When I try to open the Xbox app it gives me an error message that says "You need an internet connection to use this app. Check your connection and try again." (0x405). Then when I try to open the Microsoft store it opens for a second then closes itself. Same issue with...
  7. Microsoft Store and other apps

Microsoft Store and other apps: I recently reset my laptop as I found it was running slow and decided to set it up as a brand new laptop again. however since I logged back in, my Microsoft store, mail app, photo app etc are not working. I have tried everything I have read online but known of it is working!...
  8. Microsoft Edge and other Microsoft Store apps might not connect to the Internet after...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge and other Microsoft Store apps might not connect to the Internet after...: After installing the Windows 10 October 2018 update (version 1809), Microsoft Store apps are no longer able to connect to the Internet. For example, Microsoft Edge is unable to connect to any websites, displaying the message, “Hmmm...can’t reach this page.” Apps like Mail,...
  9. Microsoft store not connecting to internet

Microsoft store not connecting to internet: I recently bought a new computer, Windows 10, and I didn't visit the windows store for a few weeks. I recently needed to get some stuff off the store, but whenever I would open an app, this error would come up: [ATTACH] It's been happening for a while and I have tried pretty...
  10. Microsoft Edge and other Microsoft Store apps might not connect to the Internet after...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge and other Microsoft Store apps might not connect to the Internet after...: After installing the Windows 10 October 2018 update (version 1809), Microsoft Store apps are no longer able to connect to the Internet. For example, Microsoft Edge is unable to connect to any websites, displaying the message, “Hmmm...can’t reach this page.” Apps like Mail,...