Windows 10: Microsoft Edge beats Chrome and Firefox in new security report

Discus and support Microsoft Edge beats Chrome and Firefox in new security report in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; According to a new browser security report, Microsoft Edge is more effective than both Chrome and Firefox at protecting users from some malicious... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft Edge beats Chrome and Firefox in new security report

Read more: Microsoft Edge takes top spot over Chrome and Firefox in new security report | Windows Central

Download report: NSS Labs Research Library - Products

:)

Brink, Oct 31, 2016

2. Microsoft Edge Sound Problem

The following quote from Microsoft only makes me laugh,

"We're committed to providing customers with a personalized web experience, which is why bringing extensions to Microsoft Edge continues to be a high priority. We’re actively working to develop a secure extension model to make the safest and most reliable
    browser for our customers, and look forward to sharing more in a future Windows 10 update in 2016."

And they advertise that Microsoft Edge can beat Chrome and Firefox, really a joke when they released Windows 10 with a very incomplete browser, does Microsoft coders need help ?

Amazing how Microsoft many times try to "blind" us with things like this one.

Another fantastic browser from Microsoft (Not)

Aleo Veuliah, Oct 31, 2016
  3. Google+ Hangout app not loading in Windows 10

Already reported at Google Groupes. Seems to be fixed in the developer channel of Chrome but not yet pushed to the consumer version. As for Firefox support, I guess it will
    come after Chrome.

Microsoft Edge does not support plugins yet.

Sheng Jiang 蒋晟, Oct 31, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

This could be why opening pages using Edge whilst browsing takes longer, than IE or Chrome.
    This would allow time to do extra security checks.

dencal, Nov 1, 2016
  5. groze Win User
    Does the report say why? Just curious.

groze, Nov 1, 2016
  6. Fafhrd Win User
    Socially Engineered Malware and Phishing depend on the user, or victim getting duped into revealing information that is unsafe, or downloading unsafe software that masquerades as something else. User awareness and safe browsing practices are still the number one defence against attacks of these kind, and however good the browser's defenses are, if the browser takes a day to register a site as being unsafe, or actively distributing malware or phishing emails etc., many naive or unschooled users may be caught up in these exploitation scams.

In this way, relying on browsers for protection, is unsafe, and tests of levels of browser protection are somewhat meaningless, and provide a false sense of security.

These tests have much to do with how quickly the browser is able to block these sites from the first encounter or "zero hour" - It is not so much a test of the browser, but of Microsoft's SmartScreen filter compared with the Google Safe Browsing API.

SmartScreen scores well with upwards of 98% blocking, Google levels out at about 85%.

The actual methodology of the testing process by NSS is still vague, IMO: https://www.nsslabs.com/linkservid/4...124BD6058D31A/

Defence against Phishing emails should generally involve Email clients rather than browsers, as most webmail clients (accessed via a browser) have their own built-in anti-malware/spam and undesirable source address filters.

If the stats contained real-world data consisting of numbers of users actually exploited for each browser, the results may have some significance, as it is, as already noted, the test results have very little significance, and may increase confidence, but not security.

Fafhrd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge beats Chrome and Firefox in new security report - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge beats

2. FTP not working in Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    FTP not working in Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser: [ATTACH]If FTP is not working in your Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser on Windows PC, and you are looking for resolution, then you have come to the right place. We decided to write this post since we received emails asking us why FTP was not working in their browser. You...
  3. Images not loading in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Images not loading in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge [Fixed]: [ATTACH]If images are not loading in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge browser on your computer, here is how you can get rid of the problem. Several reasons can cause this issue, and this article explains almost all the possible solutions so that you can get...
  4. Browsers hanging/freezing : edge , chrome .firefox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browsers hanging/freezing : edge , chrome .firefox: On my pc browsers keep on freezing again and again , I have cleared all the cache and removed all the data from browsers by resetting them . when browsers freeze other applications on pc work fine...
  5. Sound works in Firefox but not Chrome, Brave, Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound works in Firefox but not Chrome, Brave, Edge: I am running Update 20H2 19042.867. After the update I think the sound stop working. I don't know why it works in Firefox. I even went to sound settings and those other 3 browers don't even pop up. Tried restarting computer. Anyone have any suggestions? submitted by...
  6. Report reveals why YouTube performs worse on Microsoft Edge and Firefox

in Windows 10 News
    Report reveals why YouTube performs worse on Microsoft Edge and Firefox: Google Chrome is undoubtedly the most popular browser across all devices. But more recently Google’s own services often ignore standards and force people to use Chrome. The best example is Google Earth that is still blocked on other web browsers such as Edge and Firefox. It...
  7. Edge, Firefox or Chrome...which is best.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge, Firefox or Chrome...which is best.: I'm having issues with both Firefox and MS Edge and I'm wondering if Chrome would be a better choice and if so would I be able to import my FF Favorites to Chrome? Thanks in advance for your help. 83073
  8. Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome vs Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome vs Firefox: I have had problems with Edge opening my Facebook etc very slowly. I even downloaded Firefox to see if it was faster. I prefer Chrome. It is much faster than Edge or Firefox. However, there is something weird happening. When I start my computer and tell Cortana "Facebook log...
  9. Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox: I sometimes get this sort of error in firefox and chrome Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at www.goodsync.com. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments ... blah blah blah blah blah But when I open the...
  10. Chrome, Edge, and Firefox will support a new Web Authentication API

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome, Edge, and Firefox will support a new Web Authentication API: Chrome, Edge, and Firefox will support a new Web Authentication API that should give more protection against phishing and reduce the need for passwords. The WC3 Web Authentication API specification, or WebAuthn, promises a simpler and safer way of signing up to a site....