Windows 10: microsoft edge black screen

Discus and support microsoft edge black screen in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; when i run netflix on edge it works fine until i switch to full screen when i click on full screen icon audio works fine but shows black screen amazon... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tushar4544, Feb 9, 2020.

1. microsoft edge black screen

when i run netflix on edge it works fine until i switch to full screen when i click on full screen icon audio works fine but shows black screen amazon prime video works fine on my laptop netflix works fine but it is desktop that gives problems i am on windows 10 64 bit
    I5 2500
    GTX 1660TI
    16GB RAM

:)

tushar4544, Feb 9, 2020

2. Black screen on Edge

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the question below:

• Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?
    • Is the complete screen black?

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Please get back to us with the screen shot of the black screen.

I would suggest you to check this link and see if it helps.

How to include a screenshot in your post

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Feb 9, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Feb 9, 2020
  4. microsoft edge black screen

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

microsoft edge black screen

1. microsoft edge black screen - Similar Threads - microsoft edge black

2. Random black screen and black squares in microsoft edge and gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random black screen and black squares in microsoft edge and gaming.: I recently set a new custom pc. While watching movies in prime video or netflix my screen goes all black for few seconds and comes back or black squares appearing in different shapes each time. When ı wanted to switch between tabs in microsoft edge it is also happening. In...
  3. Random black screen and black squares in microsoft edge and gaming.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random black screen and black squares in microsoft edge and gaming.: I recently set a new custom pc. While watching movies in prime video or netflix my screen goes all black for few seconds and comes back or black squares appearing in different shapes each time. When ı wanted to switch between tabs in microsoft edge it is also happening. In...
  4. Microsoft Edge screen goes black when scrolling

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge screen goes black when scrolling: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge is one of the best web browsers ever developed by the company. A lot of people have switched to Microsoft Edge as their primary web browser today. The application comes with security enhancements that assure users of a safe browsing experience. In...
  5. screen edges taskbar and microsoft edge's bar get extremely dark/black for few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen edges taskbar and microsoft edge's bar get extremely dark/black for few seconds: hi guysthis issue has been annoying me for a while now, it's not that i hate the, nope i actually love it, but it just keeps going on and off randomly, and honestly, it's scaring the **** out of me ! wondering if my gpu is dying ...basically i'm watching videos on yt or...
  6. screen edges taskbar and microsoft edge's bar get extremely dark/black for few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen edges taskbar and microsoft edge's bar get extremely dark/black for few seconds: hi guysthis issue has been annoying me for a while now, it's not that i hate the, nope i actually love it, but it just keeps going on and off randomly, and honestly, it's scaring the **** out of me ! wondering if my gpu is dying ...basically i'm watching videos on yt or...
  7. screen edges taskbar and microsoft edge's bar get extremely dark/black for few seconds

8. my microsoft edge has a black screen with a white and red light at the top of the screen It...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my microsoft edge has a black screen with a white and red light at the top of the screen It...: My Edge has a black screen with a white and a red light at the top of the screen. It won't do anything. I can't turn it on or off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-edge-has-a-black-screen-with-a-white/070aebbb-88ea-4fbd-b323-1ee0abd055da
  9. theres 2 black lines on my screen on microsoft edge

theres 2 black lines on my screen on microsoft edge: ive tried everything that the internet said to do and its not fixing it so please help me fix it thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/theres-2-black-lines-on-my-screen-on-microsoft/acaf1caf-5b9a-4300-a90d-b41a2616f103
  10. Black screen edges around TOR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen edges around TOR: Im using Win10 ver 2004. Most of the browsers are working fine except TOR. Its not showing search results in full screen but it shows its inbuilt features like settings & task manager in full screen. Whatever i search is not in full screen & thick black rectangles covering...