Windows 10: microsoft edge Blocking all Downloads?

Discus and support microsoft edge Blocking all Downloads? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; How to workaround this issue, its on both Windows 10 Pro/Home and Windows 11?Thanks in AdvanvcedMolle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Molle_2015, Jul 23, 2021.

1. microsoft edge Blocking all Downloads?

How to workaround this issue, its on both Windows 10 Pro/Home and Windows 11?Thanks in AdvanvcedMolle

:)

Molle_2015, Jul 23, 2021

2. blocking advertisement in Microsoft Edge

Hi Sanjeev,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

Please follow the steps to block Pop-ups or Ads.

• Open “Microsoft Edge settings”.
    • Select the option “View advance settings”.
    • Turn on “Pop-up block”.
    • And also turn on “help protect me from malicious sites and downloads from Smart filter”.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 23, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Jul 23, 2021
  4. Eliezer Win User

microsoft edge Blocking all Downloads?

Blocking specific users from using Microsoft Edge browser

I found that doing the first 9 steps listed here did the trick. After taking ownership, I used regular NTFS permissions to deny permissions on the users I'm trying to block from using Edge.

Eliezer, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

microsoft edge Blocking all Downloads?

1. microsoft edge Blocking all Downloads? - Similar Threads - microsoft edge Blocking

2. Microsoft Store blocked download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store blocked download: Hi,We have a GPO which blocks the use and downloads from the Microsoft Store for our company. We have previously changed a registry key to bypass this for one or two apps which are required. We would also move the OU the computer resides in to one which GPO's are not applied...
  3. Microsoft Store blocked download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store blocked download: Hi,We have a GPO which blocks the use and downloads from the Microsoft Store for our company. We have previously changed a registry key to bypass this for one or two apps which are required. We would also move the OU the computer resides in to one which GPO's are not applied...
  4. Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??: I would like to download chrome because I want to be able to access my gmail from the website which doesn't work on edge i just get a 404 error. you'll probably say just use outlook but a lot of the time the emails i need dont come as soon as i need them and if they are...
  5. Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??

Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??: I would like to download chrome because I want to be able to access my gmail from the website which doesn't work on edge i just get a 404 error. you'll probably say just use outlook but a lot of the time the emails i need dont come as soon as i need them and if they are...
  6. Microsoft Edge Downloads bar

Microsoft Edge Downloads bar: I there any way to get the old microsoft edge downloads bar in the bottom? because the new one takes a long time to load and doesnt know how much storage files use while downloading....
  7. Stop Edge blocking downloads

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Edge blocking downloads: Edge keeps blocking downloads and I have to select keep from pull down menu. I know it is not Defender, as Chrome is fine. I cannot find a setting to stop this annoying behaviour. Anybody know how to stop this? 183260
  8. Remove or block microsoft edge

Remove or block microsoft edge: Is there a way to completely uninstall Microsoft Edge or at least block the application from doing anything. This app keeps on changing all my file types PDF to in browser link and opens everything in Microsoft edge even when I don't want it too. I was fine without it but I...
  9. How to view or delete all Blocked Trackers in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to view or delete all Blocked Trackers in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge continuously block web trackers based on the select Tracking prevention setting. Over a period of time, the list might become very big. If […] This article How to view or delete all Blocked Trackers in Microsoft Edge first appeared on...
  10. How to block file downloads in MS Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to block file downloads in MS Edge?: Is there a way to block file downloads in MS Edge? We are using Windows 10 Enterprise and cannot seem to find any information on how this can be achieved.. I would of suspected that this feature is derived from IE policies. We currently have policies in place for IE and...