Windows 10: Microsoft Edge browser add ons store only in beta version?

Discus and support Microsoft Edge browser add ons store only in beta version? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why is the add on store still in the beta version? When will Microsoft lunch alpha version? Thanks :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WaldSchmidt, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Microsoft Edge browser add ons store only in beta version?

Why is the add on store still in the beta version? When will Microsoft lunch alpha version? Thanks :

:)

WaldSchmidt, Apr 18, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft’s Edge browser may be storing private browsing data

Read more: Microsoft's Edge browser may be storing private browsing data | The Verge

Brink, Apr 18, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft Edge browser add ons store only in beta version?

Microsoft Authenticator (beta) app in Store

Source: Microsoft Authenticator (beta)

Brink, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Edge browser add ons store only in beta version?

1. Microsoft Edge browser add ons store only in beta version? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge browser

2. ADD ONS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ADD ONS: I HAVE DOWNLOADED, UNZIPPED AND INSTALLED TWO ADD ONS INTO THE COMMUNITY FOLDER..THEY SHOW IN THE FOLDER BUT.....THEY SHOW IN THE CONTENT MANAGER AS NOT INSTALLED. I HAVE DELETED THEM FROM THE COMMUNITY FOLDER AND RE-INSTALLED, I HAVE TRIED ALL THINGS WITH NO LUCK.I DO HAVE...
  3. ADD ONS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ADD ONS: I HAVE DOWNLOADED, UNZIPPED AND INSTALLED TWO ADD ONS INTO THE COMMUNITY FOLDER..THEY SHOW IN THE FOLDER BUT.....THEY SHOW IN THE CONTENT MANAGER AS NOT INSTALLED. I HAVE DELETED THEM FROM THE COMMUNITY FOLDER AND RE-INSTALLED, I HAVE TRIED ALL THINGS WITH NO LUCK.I DO HAVE...
  4. ADD ONS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ADD ONS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. All Minecraft Add-Ons unavailable in the Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    All Minecraft Add-Ons unavailable in the Microsoft Store: I bought Minecraft for Windows 10 a little while ago from the Microsoft Store and I got a skin pack for it which worked fine for a bit, then when I went back on the game today, I found that the skin I was using was gone. So I checked the store and it said that the skin pack...
  7. Best Themes for Microsoft Edge from Edge Extensions and Add-ons Store

in Windows 10 News
    Best Themes for Microsoft Edge from Edge Extensions and Add-ons Store: [ATTACH]Microsoft moved away from Internet Explorer (IE), which was first seen in Windows 95 […] This article Best Themes for Microsoft Edge from Edge Extensions and Add-ons Store first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. The all new Microsoft Edge Add-ons website is now live

in Windows 10 News
    The all new Microsoft Edge Add-ons website is now live: Hello Insider community, We're thrilled to announce that the redesigned Microsoft Edge Add-ons website is now available to all users. The redesign addresses several key concerns highlighted by users around discovery and usability of the platform. Philosophy With this...
  9. Microsoft Edge opens add-ons store

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge opens add-ons store: Microsoft has announced that the add-ons store is now open for its upcoming Chromium-based Edge browser and developers can begin submitting their own add-ons for approval. The software giant has been previewing a new version of its Edge browser, which will be powered by the...
  10. Add-ons For Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Add-ons For Edge Browser: Hi *Party from where I can download Add-ons For Edge Browser ? 19060