Windows 10: Microsoft Edge - Browser History Retention Time

Discus and support Microsoft Edge - Browser History Retention Time in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How long is the Browser History retained within Microsoft Edge and where is this information stored? A previous poster asked this in 2017 and was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NL414, Jan 9, 2020.

1. NL414 Win User

Microsoft Edge - Browser History Retention Time

How long is the Browser History retained within Microsoft Edge and where is this information stored?

A previous poster asked this in 2017 and was advised that "Browsers keep all websites that you have accessed unless you delete the browsing history. Edge and Internet Explorer can keep the history of the accessed websites up to 999 days. To configure the settings, follow these steps:

1. Click on Start.
    2. Type Internet Options then press Enter.
    3. Under Browsing history, click on Settings.
    4. Go to the History tab.
    5. Adjust the number of days if necessary."

However this no longer appears to be the case. This value is set to 20 confirmed within Internet Options and the Registry but Microsoft Edge appears to be retaining the browsing history for 90 days. There does not appear to be anywhere within Microsoft Edge that this can be customised and I have been unable to locate a registry key that stores this information for Microsoft Edge.

:)

NL414, Jan 9, 2020
  2. Ruz San Win User

Microsoft Edge - Browser History?

Hi Barry,

Browsers keep all websites that you have accessed unless you delete the browsing history. Edge and Internet Explorer can keep the history of the accessed websites up to 999 days. To configure the settings, follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Internet Options then press Enter.
    • Under Browsing history, click on Settings.
    • Go to the History tab.
    • Adjust the number of days if necessary.

Let us know if you have questions.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jan 9, 2020
  3. EileenP Win User
    Browser History Missing in EDGE

Your answer is not helpful. How did I discover I couldn't access the history? By following all the steps you listed below.

Edge has problems and for this reason Chrome is now my browser and I am very happy. Absolutely no freezing !!!

EileenP, Jan 9, 2020
  4. YuruZhang Win User

Browser History Missing in EDGE

This answer is not helpful at all.

YuruZhang, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge - Browser History Retention Time - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Browser

2. MICROSOFT EDGE Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MICROSOFT EDGE Browser: MICROSOFT EDGE Browser want load up. I have tryed loading up from the taskbar, start menu, and MICROSOFT MENU. Can you HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-browser/aa3896c1-57c7-46ee-a1df-04f2fc0da476
  3. Prevent deleting browser history and download history in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Prevent deleting browser history and download history in Microsoft Edge: In this post, we will show you how you can prevent deleting browsing history and download history in Microsoft Edge. There are a couple of features present in Windows 10 that can help you disable delete or remove options for browser history and download history in Edge...
  4. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge Browser: Why are you guys MICROSOFT forcing people to keep the microsoft edge browser and claiming that it is an absolutely necessary app to keep? Furthermore, why do you guys keep saying that without it, windows will not operate/ function properly?? Windows did not always have the...
  5. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Browser: Microsoft Edge Browser automatically installed itself on my computer. I do not want this browser, I am happy with my current browser. How can this be uninstalled in its entirety? Thanks again....
  6. Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge browser: I'm getting a message that tells me to update to a new browser. It names Microsoft Edge, Mozilla and Chrome. Won 't my Windows 10 updates take care of updating the browser?...
  7. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Cortana
    Microsoft Edge Browser: When is Microsoft going to integrate voice command in the Edge/Explorer browser, like Google's browser? Seems like Cortana is left out in the cold on this one. :( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-browser/12608181-186d-4d84-99bd-12a7eff25425"
  8. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Browser: Within IE I had the option of controlling my level of security for pop-ups, in Edge the default setting does not kill all pop-ups. If you want Edge to become the new browser of choice why have you disabled functionality or is there a way of enabling these additional...
  9. No Browser History in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    No Browser History in Edge: I've checked everything I know to check. I still cannot get any browser history. I get only the statement "You'll see your browsing history here once you've visited a site". 18472
  10. browser in history of edge

in Browsers and Email
    browser in history of edge: hi In e11 we can browser in the history. Is there a possebility to do that in edge 26925

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how long edge keeps history