Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Browser not Displaying site logo's on Start Page

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Browser not Displaying site logo's on Start Page in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I pin a site with IE, such as Google, the logo displays. When I pin to Start with Edge it does not. A great feature lost unless there is a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by blaughon, Aug 26, 2015.

1. blaughon Win User

Microsoft Edge Browser not Displaying site logo's on Start Page

When I pin a site with IE, such as Google, the logo displays. When I pin to Start with Edge it does not.

A great feature lost unless there is a fix.

The Microsoft.com site is one that does not display with Edge.

:)

blaughon, Aug 26, 2015
  2. DanCook13 Win User

How to show website logos on tiles pinned to start screen in Windows 10?

I have tried opening sites in Edge then adding to Favorites before pinning them to Start, with no luck. When I open sites in Edge, the browser tab displays the website logo while the address bar does not (just URL). For ESPN the pinned site has the logo
    but for Fandango and other common sites it does not, even though the tab shows the logo and the address bar shows the URL (no difference between sites that work and those that don't).

DanCook13, Aug 26, 2015
  3. How to show website logos on tiles pinned to start screen in Windows 10?

So here we are, 2017, and the situation is unchanged. Using Edge to pin a web site to Start still usually results in an Edge logo, not the
    available web site logo.

There are no responses from Microsoft since the initial, wrong, one.

The workaround using IE still works. However there is a little catch. Since the tile is created in IE, it opens in IE not Edge.

This situation seems a little odd since the Start page is (was once?) a flagship feature for Microsoft and they are (were?) promoting Edge a the new way to browse. Yet the two are not completely compatible.

Interesting note: On Windows 10 Phone, pinning tiles to start from Edge uses the web site logo for (at lest the ones I tried) for sites that do not work on the PC version.

Stephen Bateson, Aug 26, 2015
Thema:

Microsoft Edge Browser not Displaying site logo's on Start Page

1. Microsoft Edge Browser not Displaying site logo's on Start Page - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Browser

2. Why site Pages and post not Index on Browser?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why site Pages and post not Index on Browser?: Google takes time to index the pages and posts of a website. in the begging, the google took too much time to index your pages and post but when you work steadily on it and attain some authority the google will index your post on less time it takes before slowly the indexing...
  3. Edge browser display sizing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge browser display sizing: My edge browse display has suddenly shrunk to where a page is only about 1 inch wide on the screen. How do I repair this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-display-sizing/5e93e49d-01fb-40db-83d1-8a4dc29535d7
  4. Microsoft Edge new logo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge new logo: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/welogique [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ds6kjb/microsoft_edge_new_logo/
  5. New Microsoft Edge logo

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Edge logo: Microsoft has a new logo for its Edge browser, and the new logo is…something. What you see above is the brand new logo for Microsoft Edge, which will likely go live once Microsoft ships the new Chromium-based Edge browser to the public... Read more: Microsoft Reveals New...
  6. Microsoft Edge New Tab Top Sites Display Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge New Tab Top Sites Display Error: [ATTACH] As you can see my tabs are appearing incorrectly. They are showing up with white backgrounds when they should resemble the .ico color. This has been bothering me for a while and I have tried clearing all my settings. Although it worked in the past, this time it is...
  7. How to manage Site permissions on new Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to manage Site permissions on new Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge browser contains capabilities for the user to customize the permissions given to a particular website. That includes various making use of different APIs to get user’s data needed to make the page work. It also [...]...
  8. Microsoft Edge Logo

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Logo: I just found the Microsoft Edge's (Project Spartan) new logo! [img] Someone at PC World said it looks like IE with a mohawk. I think it looks like IE with a mohawk laughing at the new Edge logo. *Smile 5926
  9. My Edge Start Page in is the Start page error

in Browsers and Email
    My Edge Start Page in is the Start page error: I set the setting to set the start page of Microsoft Edge browser to a blank page, but when I reopen it's still in the Start Page with those news headlines and such, I tried to adjust the settings, but it's still the same result. Need help. 101637
  10. Customize Start Page in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Start Page in Microsoft Edge: How to: Customize Start Page in Microsoft Edge How to Customize your Start Page in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster,...