Windows 10: Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites

Discus and support Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I have either MS Edge or Google Chrome web browsers open and I go to MSN web site to search news stories, whenever I click on a story, no matter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnSantell, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites

When I have either MS Edge or Google Chrome web browsers open and I go to MSN web site to search news stories, whenever I click on a story, no matter what the story is, it never opens that story - but rather reverts back to the main landing page. This just started today and not sure how to fix. I have not changed my Windows OS to Windows 11. I am still using Windows 10. Appreciate any adviceJohn

:)

JohnSantell, Jan 4, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft’s Edge browser may be storing private browsing data

Read more: Microsoft's Edge browser may be storing private browsing data | The Verge

Brink, Jan 4, 2022
  3. How to clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge?

Hello

CCLeaner cannot yet clean the cache of Microsoft Edge. You can clean your browsing data by following these steps.

• Open Microsoft Edge
    • Click on the three little dots on the top right corner
    • Under Clear Browsing Data click on Choose what to clear
    • Then make sure Cache is checked
    • Click on Clear
    If you don;'t understand exactly what I mean
    then see this post
    for a detailed step by step instruction with images.

Hope it helps you!

Yuri

Yuri Pustjens, Jan 4, 2022
  4. Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites

Microsoft Edge not working - Can't browse to any sites.

Hi LaShanta,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having a tough time working on the computer.

I will certainly help you to resolve the issue.

Step 1: As an initial step, I suggest you to disable antivirus software (and any other security software) and firewall on the computer as a test and check if that fixes the issue.

Disclaimer: Antivirus software helps protecting your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other
    software and\or troubleshoot any pertinent issue, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you are connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to malware attacks.

Step 2: I suggest you clear the
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Edge.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
      and click on Clear.
    Step 3: I suggest you to
    run the troubleshooter for Windows apps and check if it helps.

App Troubleshooter is an automated tool which we have developed to address a number of known issues that can prevent the Apps from running properly. This troubleshooter automatically fixes some issues, including suboptimal
    screen resolution, incorrect security or account settings etc. You can click on this link to download and run the Apps troubleshooter.

Step 4: Let us run SFC scan and see if it brings any difference.

The sfc /scannow (System File Checker) command scans all protected system files, and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

• Press ‘Windows + X’ keys.

• Click on ‘Command Prompt (Admin)’ to bring up an elevated command prompt.
      Note: Click ‘Yes’ if it prompts for permission.

• In the command prompt type in the following command and then press
      Enter. sfc /scannow

Also, try to browse inPrivate in Microsoft Edge and if the issue persists.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/browse-inprivate-in-microsoft-edge

Hope it helps.

Do let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 4, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites

1. Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge browsing

2. Is micrsoft edge safe for web browsing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is micrsoft edge safe for web browsing?: Is micrsoft edge safe for web browsing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-micrsoft-edge-safe-for-web-browsing/f11688ea-5f8f-4211-8273-0018bc5253c6
  3. Is micrsoft edge safe for web browsing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is micrsoft edge safe for web browsing?: Is micrsoft edge safe for web browsing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-micrsoft-edge-safe-for-web-browsing/f11688ea-5f8f-4211-8273-0018bc5253c6
  4. Is micrsoft edge safe for web browsing?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites: When I have either MS Edge or Google Chrome web browsers open and I go to MSN web site to search news stories, whenever I click on a story, no matter what the story is, it never opens that story - but rather reverts back to the main landing page. This just started today and...
  6. Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites: When I have either MS Edge or Google Chrome web browsers open and I go to MSN web site to search news stories, whenever I click on a story, no matter what the story is, it never opens that story - but rather reverts back to the main landing page. This just started today and...
  7. web browsing problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    web browsing problems: I noticed in the past few days that images in Wikipedia articles are not loading [blank rectangles are shown in their place]. The text is there, but not the images. Tried this w both Edge and Firefox both installed on my computer - result is the same. Browsed the same...
  8. Sites Missing In Browsing History In Microsoft Edge

Sites Missing In Browsing History In Microsoft Edge: I recently went to the browsing history in my Microsoft Edge browser, and there are some sites missing. I went to a site called savethechildren.com through a click thru button on a site called MyPoints so that I could get points for my donation on Saturday, I think it was,...
  9. Microsoft Edge Not Seeing recent Web Site Updates

Microsoft Edge Not Seeing recent Web Site Updates: I maintain sites using Dreamweaver/Filezilla. After loading updates to the site I cannot see any change using Edge but can see them using Firefox. The control panel on the web site also shows the files as having been updated. The updates do appear after a period of time but I...
  10. Web browsing problems

in Browsers and Email
    Web browsing problems: Hi! Lately I'm facing serious problems accessing web pages (e.g. gmail, youtube, etc), using Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The message that I'm getting back is to check the firewall and proxy. I have deactivated Windows defender & firewall and there is no proxy server...