Windows 10: Microsoft Edge cannot reach any website

Discus and support Microsoft Edge cannot reach any website in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Edge will not connect to any website. Have reset, deleted all settings - nothing works. All other apps and browsers connect no problem. I then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EGT75, Sep 8, 2018.

1. EGT75 Win User

Microsoft Edge cannot reach any website

Edge will not connect to any website. Have reset, deleted all settings - nothing works. All other apps and browsers connect no problem. I then deleted network profile using Regedit. Hardwired Ethernet connection profile rebuilt and Edge worked briefly. But on second attempt to connect Edge after profile rebuilt,reverted to not being able to connect to any website. Tried changing Category from Public to Private and vice versa. No joy.

Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 OS Build 17754.1 Problem has existed for the last several builds and recent upgrades have not resolved problem.

Interesting that Edge is excluded below as a category to ask a question about.

:)

EGT75, Sep 8, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Microsoft Edge audio issue with a website (and perhaps others?)

Thanks for the suggestion Melowin. I followed the steps but unfortunately this did not resolve the audio issue for the website Learn English Pronunciation | How To Pronounce Words. Still no audio.

In contrast the website HowToPronounce.com: Click, Hear & Learn Pronunciation I mentioned in my original posting was not impacted by this change either.

Kevin Kramer, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Microsoft Edge cannot reach any website

Unable to access YouTube websites on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the YouTube on Windows browsers, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the web pages?
    • Does this issue specific only with YouTube?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Try the below workarounds to identify what is causing the issue:

• Try to access YouTube in different browser and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the website/ the Microsoft browsers.
    • Also, try to access different website on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.

Try the below troubleshooting steps to access the website and check if it helps.

Method 1: For Internet Explorer

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type
      troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance
      and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue is only on Internet Explorer and to specific website, I suggest you to view the website in compatibility view to check if the issue is confined to compatibility.

Steps to view the website in compatibility view:

• Open Internet Explorer
      and open the website.
    • Click on Gear/ Settings icon at the right-top corner of the window.
    • Click on Compatibility View Settings, click on Add
      to add the website and click on Close.
    • Reopen the website and check if the issue persists.

Step 3: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to access the website in
    InPrivate mode and check.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing what sites you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate
    Browsing from the New Tab page or the Safety button.

Steps to open the browser in InPrivate mode:

Open Internet Explorer, press Shift+Ctrl+P
    to open the browser in InPrivate mode and try to access the website.

Method 2: For Microsoft Edge:

I suggest you to check if the Adobe Flash player is enabled on Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions
      (...) in the right-top corner of Microsoft Edge window.
    • Click on Settings, scroll down and click on
      Advanced settings
    • Enable Use Adobe Flash Player
    • Check if the issue persists with accessing the YouTube websites.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status to access YouTube website on Microsoft browsers for further

assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Edge cannot reach any website

1. Microsoft Edge cannot reach any website - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge cannot

2. Microsoft Edge Server URL Cannot be Reached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge Server URL Cannot be Reached: Hi,So the problem started from as follows.I have the following problems from edge://sync-internals/. i.e., I cannot sync my edgesAfter many checks, I realized that I cannot reach any of edge's server URL lised in Diagnose and fix Microsoft Edge sync issues Microsoft Docs. I...
  3. Microsoft Edge Server URL Cannot be Reached

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Server URL Cannot be Reached: Hi,So the problem started from as follows.I have the following problems from edge://sync-internals/. i.e., I cannot sync my edgesAfter many checks, I realized that I cannot reach any of edge's server URL lised in Diagnose and fix Microsoft Edge sync issues Microsoft Docs. I...
  4. Microsoft Edge Server URL Cannot be Reached

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot access any website

Cannot access any website: Whenever I try to access any website i get and error saying it took too long to respond. i have followed the tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7L0_C8X0tk but it hasn't worked. Please help i have tried different browsers and only the avast one sort of works but i want...
  6. Cannot checkout with Microsoft Edge on a website

Cannot checkout with Microsoft Edge on a website: Hello, I am sorry if this is not the right channel to post this question. I am unable to checkout on this website Overnight Drugs. I am able to checkout on other websites. Help....
  7. microsoft edge starts but cannot reach any websites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft edge starts but cannot reach any websites: Windows Edge stopped working. It cannot reach any websites. MSN News is also not working. It works fine on my iphone, but not the Windows 10 PC....
  8. Cannot reach the Nextdoor.com website

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot reach the Nextdoor.com website: I receive emails from Nextdoor.com but cannot reach the website - either from links in the email or when searching Nextdoor.com. It had been working perfectly but then stopped and its only with Nextdoor that I have this problem. As an 85 year old Luddite, please don't be...
  9. Hmm, cannot reach this page - Microsoft Edge

Hmm, cannot reach this page - Microsoft Edge: When I began with my new system that had Windows 10 pre-installed, I had heard of the problem wherein folks were getting notices that a page could not be reached but never experienced the issue. However, of late, say within the past month or so, I am now getting this message...
  10. Cannot reach/access websites

Cannot reach/access websites: Hi, I hope I have posted this in the right forum, apologies if I haven't. Here is the problem I'm having. I bought a HP ENVY 17t just over a month ago. For the first week, 10 days, everything was fine, I have a good internet connection with TWC and the wireless...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nextdoor website not working

2. why cant i access nextdoor website

3. cannot reach website from windows 10

4. cannot reach microsoft supported website,
  5. why cant i log into nextdoor.com,
  6. microsoft edge cannot reach websites,
  7. nextdoor website error,
  8. microsoft edge cannot reach any websites,
  9. i cannot reach windows support website,
  10. why am i having problems accessing nextdoor site,
  11. microsoft edge Cannot reach this website,