Windows 10: Microsoft Edge changing association for files

Discus and support Microsoft Edge changing association for files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft Edge is GARBAGEWARE. I need to permanently destroy it. It keeps taking over JPGs, PDFs, and many other file types, without my permission.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mike Row Soft, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Microsoft Edge changing association for files

Microsoft Edge is GARBAGEWARE. I need to permanently destroy it. It keeps taking over JPGs, PDFs, and many other file types, without my permission. It REALLY SUCKS BIG TIME.

***Modified title from: How do I PERMANENTLY DESTROY Microsoft Edge?***

:)

Mike Row Soft, Mar 16, 2020

2. How to change HTML File Associations from Edge to IE in Windows 10?

Hi,

I realize that you want to change HTML File Associations from Edge to Internet Explorer in Windows 10. I will try to help you with this issue.

Follow these steps to make changes in the Control Panel and check if that helps:

• Open Control Panel and click on Default programs.

• Click on Associated a file type with a program.

• Scroll down to select HTML file and click on change program.

• Select Internet Explorer and click ok.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Microsoft Edge changing association for files

Microsoft Edge keeps taking over PDF file open/association

Every few days the file association for PDFs on my Windows 10 machine switches to Microsoft Edge.

I then right click on a PDF, choose "Open With -> Choose Another App", select Acrobat from the list, and check "Always use this app to open .PDF files".

Then for a few days it sticks, but always winds up going back to Microsoft Edge. I haven't figured out a pattern to suggest when/why this happens. It just does and is very annoying.

Does anyone have an idea of why this happens or how to permanently fix it?

Oz Solomon, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Edge changing association for files

1. Microsoft Edge changing association for files - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge changing

2. PDF file association is hijacked by Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF file association is hijacked by Edge: Hello! Edge is set as the default app for pdf files even though I never wanted this... the thing is that Edge should be fully uninstalled since I've used 3rd party scripts to remove bloat from my windows system, but now I can't change file associations for pdfs no matter what...
  3. PDF file association is hijacked by Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF file association is hijacked by Edge: Hello! Edge is set as the default app for pdf files even though I never wanted this... the thing is that Edge should be fully uninstalled since I've used 3rd party scripts to remove bloat from my windows system, but now I can't change file associations for pdfs no matter what...
  4. PDF file association is hijacked by Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Edge losing file association with MHTML files

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge losing file association with MHTML files: I have Edge browser installed (Canary channel), and I'm facing an issue where the file association with MHTML files is being repeatedly lost. MHTML format, which employ .mht and .mhtml extensions, combines HTML code and all its resources, such as images and Java applets, in a...
  6. How to associate .epub files with Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to associate .epub files with Microsoft Edge?: I just updated recently and looks like it unassociated by itself. submitted by /u/Curious-Cat-2020 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e1wm89/how_to_associate_epub_files_with_microsoft_edge/
  7. cannot change file association

cannot change file association: Suddenly, I cannot change my file association to the program I want. For example, I want to change ".txt" to use "notepad2.exe", not the default "notepad". Recently I was able to do that. If I right-click, properties, and choose my "notepad2", the change won't take effect....
  8. cannot change file association

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot change file association: Suddenly, I cannot change my file association to the program I want. For example, I want to change ".txt" to use "notepad2.exe", not the default "notepad". Recently I was able to do that. If I right-click, properties, and choose my "notepad2", the change won't take effect....
  9. Changing file association

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing file association: Adobe acrobat reader is associated with ascm files. I need to change the association so that I can open an ascm file with Adobe digital reader so that I can read a book. Thanks...
  10. file association change

file association change: v 1607 just installed, Microsoft keeps wanting to change from libre office to wordpad, win patrol cancels it but it keeps trying to change file association how do I stop taht 63644