Windows 10: Microsoft Edge, Chrome Canary gets new password reveal feature

Discus and support Microsoft Edge, Chrome Canary gets new password reveal feature in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The latest Canary update for both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge adds a ‘reveal password’ button that will let you check the password that you’ve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 29, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft Edge, Chrome Canary gets new password reveal feature

The latest Canary update for both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge adds a ‘reveal password’ button that will let you check the password that you’ve entered on the login page.

In Google Chrome Canary version 78.0.3868.0 or newer, you don’t have to enable experimental flag to activate the reveal password button. The button appears as an eye icon on the right side of the credential text area, and clicking the button will make the text of the password visible

It will only work with passwords that you’ve typed yourself and it won’t reveal passwords that you’ve saved to the browser over the years. I also noticed that the reveal button disappears when the text box loses focus and regains focus due to the cursor movements or scripts.

The reveal button will reappear only when the password is entered again. This behaviour should allay some security and privacy worries.

Microsoft Edge, Chrome Canary gets new password reveal feature Password-reveal-in-Chrome.jpg

It’s also worth noting that password reveal icon is currently broken in Chrome Canary due to a missing code.

Password reveal in Microsoft Edge Canary

In Microsoft Edge Canary, this feature is gradually rolling out to a group of randomly selected users as part of ‘Controlled Feature Roll-Out’ approach.

Microsoft Edge, Chrome Canary gets new password reveal feature Password-reveal-in-Edge.jpg

Microsoft says the new Edge uses Controlled Feature Roll-Out (CFR) approach to gradually roll out the feature to a subset of users and more users are added to the group when Microsoft is confident about the change.

While you can enable experimental flag to test any feature, there is no switch or option to force password reveal button yet.

The post Microsoft Edge, Chrome Canary gets new password reveal feature appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 29, 2019
  2. AGAGAG Win User

how to import passwords from Chrome to Edge

Are there any further steps to import passwords? I have all bookmarks and favourites in EDGE, but no saved passwords

AGAGAG, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Microsoft Edge - Features are missing!

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10 and bringing this to our notice.

We would suggest you to send a feedback by asking the feature you are looking for.

• Open the Edge, then click on more options(...).
    • Click on Send feedback.
    • Follow the on-line instructions.
    Refer to these steps to pin a website to start screen:

• Open the Edge, then click on more options(...).
    • Click on Pin to Start
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Ganesh Achar B, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Microsoft Edge, Chrome Canary gets new password reveal feature

How to import Chrome passwords in Microsoft Edge

Hello

A pleasure to help you.

How to import Chrome passwords in Microsoft Edge along with bookmarks and history.

1- Close the Chrome browser and open Microsoft Edge. Click on the three points in the top menu to display the menu

2- In the expanded menu select the option "Configuration".

3- Click inside the option "Import favorites and other information" in "Import from another browser".

4- Now we only have to choose the browser, in this case, Google Chrome, and click on Import in order to have our data synchronized in Microsoft Edge.

5- If you want to import from a file select the button shown below.

You can follow the steps below, to export from Google Chrome

By default, this function is disabled for security reasons.

To activate it, you will have to paste or type chrome: // flags / # password-import-export in the address bar. In the drop-down menu, you must select Enabled.

After closing and re-opening Chrome, when going to chrome: // settings / passwords you will see the Export and Import passwords buttons appear. In particular, you will get a CSV file compatible with most password and browser managers.

I hope this information is helpful. Let me know the results once you have tried these methods. I will be happy to help you more.

Greetings.

Cosbit2409, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Edge, Chrome Canary gets new password reveal feature

1. Microsoft Edge, Chrome Canary gets new password reveal feature - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Chrome

2. Windows 10 to get a new web apps feature in Chrome and Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 to get a new web apps feature in Chrome and Microsoft Edge: In 2020, Microsoft confirmed that it has been exploring support for protocol handlers for progressive web apps (PWAs) to improve the overall experience on Windows 10. The feature is currently available for testing behind an experimental flag “Desktop PWA URL handling” in all...
  3. Microsoft is testing a new feature called "Sleeping tabs" in Edge Canary.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft is testing a new feature called "Sleeping tabs" in Edge Canary.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iupjqn/microsoft_is_testing_a_new_feature_called/
  4. ? on chrome vs the new edge canary - many questions good or bad

in Browsers and Email
    ? on chrome vs the new edge canary - many questions good or bad: 1) So bottom line is chrome superior to the Microsoft new edge canary or is there no difference. are there really good features that are better 2 ) Are you going to leave chrome and go to this microsoft edge or stay with chrome. 3 ) Are there any major issues this new edge....
  5. Image pixilation in Chrome, Edge Beta and Edge Canary.

in Browsers and Email
    Image pixilation in Chrome, Edge Beta and Edge Canary.: Hello all! First post. [img] I've had a problem for a while with the new browsers. After changing from IE to Edge, as have many users, I have the problem of constantly losing the favorites. I think I've tried every solution offered on the web, but nothing seems to help....
  6. Microsoft reveals upcoming features for Windows 10 Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals upcoming features for Windows 10 Edge: Microsoft has shared the roadmap of the upcoming features and improvements for the Chromium-based Edge browser. The Edge team also revealed that feedback from testers has helped Microsoft to introduce features such as dark theme, built-in Bing Translate, privacy controls,...
  7. Chrome Canary on Windows 10 gets Microsoft’s power saving feature

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome Canary on Windows 10 gets Microsoft’s power saving feature: Earlier this year, Microsoft launched a new version of its Edge browser built on open-source Chromium platform. Microsoft has repeated its assertion from last year that it is very interested in contributing to the Chromium open source project and make Chromium-based browsers...
  8. Microsoft tests new sync features for Edge Canary on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft tests new sync features for Edge Canary on Windows 10: Since the launch of the new Chromium-based Edge browser, Microsoft has been working on bringing many new features. One of the top features that Microsoft is working on is the support for sync options similar to Google’s Chrome. The Redmond firm is working on bringing...
  9. New Edge Canary Build

in Browsers and Email
    New Edge Canary Build: I have downloaded Edge Canary Build and would like to know with it being in development is it secure to use I have Norton antivirus will this protect me when using browser also I see in settings it shows all your saved passwords and other information which I thought were...
  10. Microsoft is working on new features for Edge, Chrome browsers

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is working on new features for Edge, Chrome browsers: It’s clear that Microsoft is fully committed to improving Chromium-based Edge browser and multiple enhancements are already underway. Many of the improvements will come to all Chromium-powered browsers, including Chrome. After adding an improved version of Find box to...