Windows 10: Microsoft Edge closes immediately after i open it

Discus and support Microsoft Edge closes immediately after i open it in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For some reason Microsoft Edge immediately closes down every time i open it. I've tried sfc /scannow and I've deleted the Microsoft Edge folder in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JonSpectre, May 12, 2017.

1. Microsoft Edge closes immediately after i open it

For some reason Microsoft Edge immediately closes down every time i open it. I've tried sfc /scannow and I've deleted the Microsoft Edge folder in C:/Users/"username"/AppData/Local/Packages and then entering the command in PowerShell to reset but neither worked. Does anyone know what's happening here?

:)

JonSpectre, May 12, 2017

2. Move the Edge browser cache to a RAM disk

I Did 1-5.

After restart, I opens Microsoft Edge, but it closes immediately after opening.

Can you please help to finish it, or return back to default condition

Thanks

Ravinder Bhutani, May 12, 2017
  3. Chris_rk Win User
    microsoft edge opens then closes immediately

microsoft edge opens then closes immediately. I have started the IE ETW Collector service, ran sfc /scannow, cleared contents under packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe executed a powershell script to reset it:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}

Patched windows with the latest updates, scanned with Defender but no joy.

Chris_rk, May 12, 2017
  4. Mystere Win User

Microsoft Edge closes immediately after i open it

Have you tried creating a new user and seeing if it works there? If so, you have a profile corruption and your best bet is to transfer all your files to the new profile and delete the old one.

Mystere, May 12, 2017
Thema:

Microsoft Edge closes immediately after i open it

1. Microsoft Edge closes immediately after i open it - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge closes

2. Settings immediately closes after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings immediately closes after opening: Before I'm recommended sfc /scannow trust me, I've tried everything. I've tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth and nothing works. For other people it...
  3. Microsoft Edge closes automatically immediately after opening on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge closes automatically immediately after opening on Windows 11/10: i am facing an issue with microsoft edge browser, it's getting closed automatically after few seconds.tried all solutions whatever i found online but still same issue.deleted edge and reinstalled also but still same issue....
  4. Microsoft Edge closes automatically immediately after opening on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge closes automatically immediately after opening on Windows 11/10: i am facing an issue with microsoft edge browser, it's getting closed automatically after few seconds.tried all solutions whatever i found online but still same issue.deleted edge and reinstalled also but still same issue....
  5. Store closes immediately after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store closes immediately after opening: I have tried many ways but windows store not opening ..it just loads and closes itself.I tried ;reseting the appclear cachesync timetroubleshootingand restarting but not a single work for me.plz help me to solve this problem...
  6. Microsoft Edge closes immediately after opening on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge closes immediately after opening on Windows 10: [ATTACH]At times when you try to open Microsoft Edge, it may open and close […] This article Microsoft Edge closes immediately after opening on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Microsoft Store Closes Immediately After Opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Closes Immediately After Opening: I am using Windows 10 ver 2004 OS Build 19041.450. Microsoft Store closes immediately after opening, I have gone to Settings/Apps and Reset Microsoft Store but it makes no difference. Looking through previous replies on answers.microsoft.com I have run PowerShell...
  8. Microsoft Store Opens and closes immediately.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Opens and closes immediately.: Hello, I bought the Xbox Game Pass for PC and for some reason it wasn't activated in my Store, it was telling me to buy again, So I checked online for a fix and it told me to "delete localcache", and I went ahead and did that but now my Store opens and closes immediately!...
  9. Microsoft Store closing immediately after opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store closing immediately after opening: Hello, I was claimed the free copy of Minecraft Windows 10 edition, and to play it the site sent me to the windows store. It opened and immediately closed. I have tried a lot of Powershell commands, wsreset and changing time and date but nothing happened. I tried even to...
  10. Win-10 Edge closes immediately after opening

in Browsers and Email
    Win-10 Edge closes immediately after opening: My upgrade from Win-7 to Win-10 seemed to go faultlessly, everything including Edge worked correctly. After a couple of hours though, Edge no longer will open properly, The basic blue screen w/logo comes up for 5 seconds or so and immediately closes. Shortly thereafter the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when I open edge it immediately closes then opens again