Windows 10: Microsoft Edge closes immediately after i open it

Discus and support Microsoft Edge closes immediately after i open it in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For some reason Microsoft Edge immediately closes down every time i open it. I've tried sfc /scannow and I've deleted the Microsoft Edge folder in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JonSpectre, May 12, 2017.

1. Microsoft Edge closes immediately after i open it

For some reason Microsoft Edge immediately closes down every time i open it. I've tried sfc /scannow and I've deleted the Microsoft Edge folder in C:/Users/"username"/AppData/Local/Packages and then entering the command in PowerShell to reset but neither worked. Does anyone know what's happening here?

:)

JonSpectre, May 12, 2017

2. Move the Edge browser cache to a RAM disk

I Did 1-5.

After restart, I opens Microsoft Edge, but it closes immediately after opening.

Can you please help to finish it, or return back to default condition

Thanks

Ravinder Bhutani, May 12, 2017
  3. Chris_rk Win User
    microsoft edge opens then closes immediately

microsoft edge opens then closes immediately. I have started the IE ETW Collector service, ran sfc /scannow, cleared contents under packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe executed a powershell script to reset it:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}

Patched windows with the latest updates, scanned with Defender but no joy.

Chris_rk, May 12, 2017
  4. Mystere Win User

Microsoft Edge closes immediately after i open it

Have you tried creating a new user and seeing if it works there? If so, you have a profile corruption and your best bet is to transfer all your files to the new profile and delete the old one.

Mystere, May 12, 2017
Thema:

Microsoft Edge closes immediately after i open it

1. Microsoft Edge closes immediately after i open it - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge closes

2. WindowsApps Folder / Apps disappeared or close immediately after opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsApps Folder / Apps disappeared or close immediately after opening: Hello, I've been told that a Windows Update caused permissions to change in my WindowsApps Folder, and that is the reason why some of them stopped working. I've tried countless "fixes" for the issue, but none of them have worked. I am to the point where I'm wondering if it...
  3. Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening.: Hello, Please Support as Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening and another issue is my photo app not working. Windows is up to date. Windws version is 1803 Done below steps but still having same issue. 1. Run - wsreset.exe 2. Windows Store...
  4. Microsoft Store closing immediately after opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store closing immediately after opening: Hello, I was claimed the free copy of Minecraft Windows 10 edition, and to play it the site sent me to the windows store. It opened and immediately closed. I have tried a lot of Powershell commands, wsreset and changing time and date but nothing happened. I tried even to...
  5. Some apps opens then closes immediately.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some apps opens then closes immediately.: I don't know where to report problems with applications from Windows Store but - Facebook, Instagram and Messenger doesn't work after April Update. All of these apps opens then closes immediately. Anybody else have a similar problem? *Confused Windows Apps Troubleshooter...
  6. MS Edge shuts down immediately after opening

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge shuts down immediately after opening: Hi, Upgraded from 8.1 to Win 10 ok and all worked ok for a few days. Tried Edge and was quite impressed with speed and performance until a few days later it stopped working. When you open Edge the program starts but then immediately shuts down. Chrome and IE are both ok....
  7. Win-10 Edge closes immediately after opening

in Browsers and Email
    Win-10 Edge closes immediately after opening: My upgrade from Win-7 to Win-10 seemed to go faultlessly, everything including Edge worked correctly. After a couple of hours though, Edge no longer will open properly, The basic blue screen w/logo comes up for 5 seconds or so and immediately closes. Shortly thereafter the...
  8. Microsoft Edge open and close

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge open and close: After recent update MicrosoftEdge open and close immediately. No warning after it. *Mad 55881
  9. Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it: I just downloaded Windows 10 yesterday night and after using it for the first time this morning, I decided to try out Microsoft Edge. Whenever I open it from the app section or the bottom tab section, it shuts down automatically after two seconds. I don't so much as get an...
  10. Accounts settings immediately closed whenever I open it

in Windows 10 Support
    Accounts settings immediately closed whenever I open it: Hello, I'm new member here. I wanted to ask about my problem after anniversary update. problem doesn't occured on Windows 10 previous build. Though it was happen before when I was on Windows 8.1, so I refresh windows and it worked again. But this time I didn't want to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when I open edge it immediately closes then opens again