Windows 10: Microsoft edge - default settings users can override GPO policy is not working

Discus and support Microsoft edge - default settings users can override GPO policy is not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Everyone,I am using edge ADMX policy template to configure startup page to my company site. This is working in mandatory policy but not working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CL1992, May 20, 2021.

1. CL1992 Win User

Microsoft edge - default settings users can override GPO policy is not working

Hello Everyone,I am using edge ADMX policy template to configure startup page to my company site. This is working in mandatory policy but not working in recommended user can over ride Not sure what i am missing here. Please guide me to right steps to achieve this requirement.1.User can override policy GPO has been configured2. I can see the policy in the edge but it doesn't update anything under the settings

:)

CL1992, May 20, 2021

2. GPO Override Policy Not Working

Following up with class in which we are making an Google Chrome Settings Override GPO for a local group -- added it at the group level; not the higher domain level. This should override the domain's (high-level) GPO that prevents downloads, prevents incognito
    mode, and restrict access to netflix.com. This is according to Windows' Group Policy API documentation (Overriding and Blocking Group Policy).

When looking at the group's "Group Policy Inheritance" tab in the Group Policy Management tool from the Server Manager (Wins 2012), I am seeing that the override GPO takes precedence over the previously applied restrictive settings from the higher domain
    policy. This is what we want.

However, when logged into a domain client -- with the credentials of the intended local group member -- the local group policy is not listed in Chrome://policy. The browser is still blocking netflix.com, downloads, and the use of incognito mode.

I restarted the client computer many times and ran the gpupdate /force script and successfully updated the policy several times. I also went as far as to enforced the GPO in the inheritance table for the local group taken precedence over all other GPOs.

Nothing is happening. HELP!

TiuskaSantana, May 20, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    New Microsoft Edge Group Policies and MDM settings (Preview)

Full article at Microsoft Docs: New Microsoft Edge Group Policies and MDM settings | Microsoft Docs

4. Rothamel Win User

GPOs to Disable Account Settings are not working

Hello,

I need to disable the below settings. I have tried using the below GPO settings, ran gpupdate /force and restarted 2 domain computers. I then logged into each computer with a different domain account. The live tiles were still changing. I am still able to add a PIN to the account. I was still able to add a Microsoft account. (I do not have a Work/School account but the option was still available. I added the same Microsoft account to both domain users. The Sync your settings is all grayed out and all set to off. However, I noticed the desktop background synced and the Favorites Synced. How do I disable all these settings so they cannot be used and are turned off?

Disable Live Tiles
    Disable Settings - Accounts - Sing-in Options - Create a PIN
    Disable Settings - Accounts - Your account - Add Microsoft account
    Disable Settings - Accounts - Your account - Add a work or school account
    Disable Settings - Accounts - Sync your Settings

Disable Live Tiles
    GPO - User Configuration/Policies/Administrative Teplates/Start menu and Taskbar
    Clear history of Tile notification on exit Setting: Enabled

GPO - User Configuration/Policies/Administrative Teplates/Start menu and Taskbar/Notifications
    Turn off notifications network usage Setting: Enabled
    Turn off tile notifications Setting: Enabled

Disable Settings - Accounts - Sing-in Options - Create a PIN
    GPO - Computer Configuration/Policies/Administrative Templates/System/Logon
    Turn on PIN sign-in Setting: Disabled

Disable Settings - Accounts - Your account - Add Microsoft account
    GPO - Computer Configuration/Policies/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies/Security Options
    Accounts: Block Micorosoft Accounts Setting: User's can't add or log on with Microsoft Accounts

GPO - Computer Configuration/Policies/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/App runtime
    Allow Microsoft accounts to be optional Setting: Enabled

Disable Settings - Accounts - Your account - Add a work or school account
    GPO - Computer Configuration/Policies/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Microsoft Passport for Work
    Use Microsoft Passport for Work Setting: Disabled

Disable Settings - Accounts - Sync your Settings
    GPO - Computer Configuration/Policies/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Sync your settings
    Don not sync Setting: Enabled

Thanks for the help,

Eric

Rothamel, May 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft edge - default settings users can override GPO policy is not working - Similar Threads - Microsoft edge default

2. Edge totally ignores the ABOUT:BLANK GPO setting

in Browsers and Email
    Edge totally ignores the ABOUT:BLANK GPO setting: Do not get me wrong here, I like the new Edge Chromium, but if MS does not let users to choose whatever the New Tab content may be, then I meed to leave this browser and choose something else... I even downloaded the Edge policy templates and imported them into my local GPO...
  3. Settings override

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings override: Whenever I'm in the settings app, I get the `Systemsettings.exe - System Error` "The system detected an overrun of a stack-bassed buffer in this application, This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application."...
  4. Set Edge as Default Browser through GPO

Set Edge as Default Browser through GPO: Hi All, I am trying to set the default browser to Edge for all computers in my company's domain via a GPO. We are fully a Windows 10 shop, and I have followed Microsoft's instructions on how to do this for Windows 10, but the default browser is not being changed to Edge....
  5. GPO to Microsoft Edge settings

GPO to Microsoft Edge settings: Is there a way to disable edge settings page via GPO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpo-to-microsoft-edge-settings/60016cd2-35f6-43ba-8dfb-dd83623ff0d5
  6. Cannot Get GPO Policies Adopted By User

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot Get GPO Policies Adopted By User: I'm trying to learn a few things about Windows Server and Active Directory. I've fiddled with this in the past and had pretty good luck with deploying policies, etc. I've set up an instance of Windows Server 2016 Standard and a Windows 10 Pro workstation. I set up a GPO...
  7. Microsoft Edge Policy issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Policy issue?: How do I get rid of the message 'Your browser is managed by your organisation' at the top of the settings screen? I'm a home user I'm on Version 83.0.478.44 157688
  8. Overrider default Microsoft emoji

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Overrider default Microsoft emoji: Hey, been using the desktop version of my messenger in tandem with the mobile one for a while and noticed just how insane the differences between Microsoft and Google emoji is. It's honestly distorting communications sometimes, is there a way to replace or override the...
  9. Edge override Adobe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge override Adobe: WE created 3D modules in Adobe and need Adobe acrobat reader to open these files.. The problem is that Edge always overrule the pdf reader.. If Edge and Microsoft for that matter want to override everything, why don't they give us a workable solution or leave adobe as the...
  10. One Policy Overriding the other same type of policy

One Policy Overriding the other same type of policy: I have configured a policy on a user OU for blocking certain application say 'firefox'. Tested it, it was working fine. Then requirement came for blocking another application say 'chrome'. I created another similar policy to block 'chrome' and applied on the same OU. But when...