Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Dev - Uninstall failure

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Dev - Uninstall failure in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a problem with Edge Dev. The "Modify" option is not available at all and the "Uninstall" option fails with the message "There is a problem with... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by galileo, Aug 21, 2020.

1. galileo Win User

Microsoft Edge Dev - Uninstall failure

I have a problem with Edge Dev. The "Modify" option is not available at all and the "Uninstall" option fails with the message "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor." I have downloaded the "msi" installer and reinstalled using that...and still have the same issue. I am running the version 86.0.608.2 (released 8.20.2020).

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to attack this issue?

:)

galileo, Aug 21, 2020
  2. MyiDevice Win User

Edge Dev

That's what I've already tried but I don't get the Dev browser in the list, while I have it in my PC, except Internet Explorer. Please suggest some other solution!

MyiDevice, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Lost my favourites list in Microsoft Edge Dev.

Few minutes ago my browser, Microsoft Edge Dev was updated to the latest version. I was surprised to see that the list of my favourites for this browser were disappeared from the list and got nothing on the list at all. How do I recover my favourites list to place in Microsoft Edge Dev. I have been trying to find more information about how to recover my favourites for my browser. Anyone here have an idea how to recover favourites list back into Microsoft Edge Dev.

Thank you,

John

imcanadian, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Microsoft Edge Dev - Uninstall failure

Can uninstall Microsoft Edge Dev.??

I am wondering if it is safe to uninstall one of two browsers that I have on my desktop. I have been thinking about to uninstall the program of Microsoft Edge Dev and use Microsoft Edge that have Chromium in it. Or just leave both alone and don't touch at all. I just want to have more room in the hard drive and that is why I am asking to see if I can remove one of them. My operating system is Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit Professional with ver. 2004.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

John

imcanadian, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Edge Dev - Uninstall failure

1. Microsoft Edge Dev - Uninstall failure - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Dev

2. New Edge DEV !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Edge DEV !: I am just debating whether or not to download the "New Edge browser with chat GPT" ! I guess eventually it will replace the old one! With this "banner" popping up day after day would you suggest I take the plunge? If so will it replace the existing Edge or will I end up with...
  3. Uninstall Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstall Microsoft Edge: is there a PowerShell command to completely remove microsoft edge on 2009? i already uninstalled the chromium version using CCleaner. submitted by /u/jakeyounglol1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ked2rc/uninstall_microsoft_edge/
  4. Uninstalling Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstalling Microsoft Edge: I did not mean to install Microsoft Edge but it snuck in on me somehow, possibly as an update. Now I cannot get rid of it. How can I it off my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalling-microsoft-edge/73bf2f14-aa36-4926-9533-38c210b39cc2
  5. Can uninstall Microsoft Edge Dev.??

in Browsers and Email
    Can uninstall Microsoft Edge Dev.??: I am wondering if it is safe to uninstall one of two browsers that I have on my desktop. I have been thinking about to uninstall the program of Microsoft Edge Dev and use Microsoft Edge that have Chromium in it. Or just leave both alone and don't touch at all. I just want to...
  6. Edge Dev

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge Dev: Hi, I thought of switching from Edge Dev to default Edge Browser but I'm having difficulty in transferring the data. My data including-favourites, passwords, history, etc., weren't being synced in Edge dev. And I don't know how I can transfer it to the Edge browser. Please...
  7. Uninstall Microsoft Edge

in Cortana
    Uninstall Microsoft Edge: Even though I set Chrome as my default browser, MS Edge forces itself on me by popping up when following links in the search option for windows and then enforcing searching with Bing although I changed the search provider to google in Edge. Forcing me to uninstall Edge...
  8. microsoft edge uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft edge uninstall: How to uninstall or disable microsoft edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/microsoft-edge-uninstall/ff45d430-8993-4dc8-8c2e-4df5cfd147e7
  9. Uninstall microsoft edge

in Browsers and Email
    Uninstall microsoft edge: Guides and software to uninstall Microsoft edge, https://news.softpedia.com/news/how-...0-491534.shtml 111947
  10. Introducing Microsoft Edge Dev

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Microsoft Edge Dev: On behalf of the Microsoft Edge team, I’m thrilled to welcome you to the brand new Microsoft Edge Dev Blog, now part of the Windows Blogs family! Like the IEBlog before it, this is where the Microsoft Edge team will share with you the latest on our activities, including the...