Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Dev update for Windows 10 introduces new features

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Dev update for Windows 10 introduces new features in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Every week, Microsoft releases a new build for the Edge Dev browser, and a new update is rolling out today with some pretty big improvements. Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 5, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft Edge Dev update for Windows 10 introduces new features

Every week, Microsoft releases a new build for the Edge Dev browser, and a new update is rolling out today with some pretty big improvements. Microsoft Edge Dev Build 77.0.189.3 introduces Collection feature, Windows 10 share integration and more.

Microsoft Edge is getting experimental Collections feature, the same function that was initially implemented in Edge Canary. Since Collections is an experimental feature, you will have to enable it via the browser’s flags menu.

With Collections, you can manage your shopping and projects more effectively. This Microsoft Edge exclusive feature basically allows you to save pages, group them in categories, and then you can export Collections to Microsoft Word or Excel.

Here’s a list of new features and improvements included in this release:

• Collections
    • Windows 10’s native Share integration
    • You can now export Collections to Word and as well as Excel.
    • Caret browsing in IE mode windows.
    • Microsoft Edge will remind you that data cleared via ‘Clear Browsing Data’ will also get cleared on other devices.
    • The update has resolved an issue where Netflix videos don’t play.
    • Another bug where two-finger scrolling on the trackpad stops working.

The update is rolling out to Microsoft Edge Dev testers and you can get it from the Settings > About.

The post Microsoft Edge Dev update for Windows 10 introduces new features appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 5, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Introducing Microsoft Edge Dev

Source: http://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2...osoft-edge-dev

Brink, Sep 5, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 build 10120: Microsoft introduces a 'new tab' page for Edge

Read more: http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-1...-page-for-edge

Brink, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge Dev update for Windows 10 introduces new features - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Dev

2. New Edge DEV !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Edge DEV !: I am just debating whether or not to download the "New Edge browser with chat GPT" ! I guess eventually it will replace the old one! With this "banner" popping up day after day would you suggest I take the plunge? If so will it replace the existing Edge or will I end up with...
  3. New Edge DEV !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Edge DEV !: I am just debating whether or not to download the "New Edge browser with chat GPT" ! I guess eventually it will replace the old one! With this "banner" popping up day after day would you suggest I take the plunge? If so will it replace the existing Edge or will I end up with...
  4. New Edge DEV !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Introducing the new Microsoft Edge and Bing

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the new Microsoft Edge and Bing: The browser and search engine for business [ATTACH] In our mission to empower people with knowledge with Microsoft 365, one critical opportunity is the internet. We know that 60% of the time people spend on the PC is within the web browser, and it has become the primary...
  6. Microsoft updates Edge browser for Windows 10 with new feature

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft updates Edge browser for Windows 10 with new feature: Microsoft is rolling out a new update for both Microsoft Edge Dev and Canary versions on Windows 10. The latest update to Microsoft Edge Canary comes with support for Grammar tools which were available in the previous Microsoft Edge browser. The grammar tools can be used in...
  7. Introducing the new Microsoft Edge IT Center

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the new Microsoft Edge IT Center: Looking for technical documentation and tools to help you customize and manage Microsoft Edge for your organization? Bookmark the Microsoft Edge IT Center, your one-stop shop for everything you need to support a modern web browsing experience. What’s new First, you’ll find...
  8. Introducing Global CSS Property Usage on Microsoft Edge Dev

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Global CSS Property Usage on Microsoft Edge Dev: We spend a lot of time talking to other browser vendors, standards bodies, partners, and web developers, and they often ask what shapes our thinking when we plan for a release. The short answer is, data! We’re motivated by interoperability―the principle that the web should...
  9. Introducing Microsoft Edge Dev

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Microsoft Edge Dev: On behalf of the Microsoft Edge team, I’m thrilled to welcome you to the brand new Microsoft Edge Dev Blog, now part of the Windows Blogs family! Like the IEBlog before it, this is where the Microsoft Edge team will share with you the latest on our activities, including the...
  10. Microsoft is introducing a new feature called Timeline

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is introducing a new feature called Timeline: Microsoft is introducing a new feature called "Timeline" that will be built into the Fall Creators Update and will allow you to go back to open programs, documents and more. The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update will introduce a number of new features for users, including...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. micosoft edge updates