Windows 10: Microsoft Edge did not sync bookmarks.

Discus and support Microsoft Edge did not sync bookmarks. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently, my laptop got broken and I had to reinstall windows. After reinstalling the windows and signing in to my live (live.com) account, all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chani179, Oct 17, 2019.

1. chani179 Win User

Microsoft Edge did not sync bookmarks.

Recently, my laptop got broken and I had to reinstall windows. After reinstalling the windows and signing in to my live (live.com) account, all the settings were synced except for Microsoft Edge bookmarks and reading list.

I had a long list of bookmarks and links in the reading list. Now, I am without anything. I have checked the sync settings. They are turned on in both the settings windows app and in Microsoft Edge. It has been 3 days since I installed the new windows.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards!

Charanjit Singh

:)

chani179, Oct 17, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Bookmarks in Microsoft Edge

Hello Bruce,

Based on your concern about bookmarks in Edge, we would like to know some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Karthicka_R on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Oct 17, 2019
  3. TecMan Win User
    Edge browser does not sync bookmarks in real time

I'm using the latest available version of Edge (25.10586.0.0) in Windows 10 on my devices like the main work pc, my Win10 tablet and a Microsoft Lumia 950 phone. When I bookmark a website or add it to the reading list in the Edge browseron my main pc, it does not appear in the corresponding list on the other devices in a reasonable amount of time. It may take several hours when I see the new bookmark there!

Is it the expected behavior, or am I doing something wrong? Sure, I have the Sync your content option in Edge and the OS turned on. Is there a way I can initialize this syncing manually if I need it urgently?

TecMan, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Microsoft Edge did not sync bookmarks.

Edge Import Bookmarks from Chrome does not work

Hi,

To resolve your issue with Microsoft Edge, we suggest that you clear your browsing data. Please follow the steps below:

• Click on the 3 dots at the upper right corner of Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Go to Clear browsing data.
    • Click on Choose what to clear > Clear.
    • Try to import your bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Edge did not sync bookmarks.

1. Microsoft Edge did not sync bookmarks. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge did

2. microsoft edge is not syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft edge is not syncing: i noticed that my password was not syncing for a website and realised that the syncing and that showed upi tried many things and 1 was goin onto edge://sync/ and it showed this those were the only red 1s on there could u help me pls thank u...
  3. microsoft edge is not syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft edge is not syncing: i noticed that my password was not syncing for a website and realised that the syncing and that showed upi tried many things and 1 was goin onto edge://sync/ and it showed this those were the only red 1s on there could u help me pls thank u...
  4. microsoft edge is not syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Where did windows store my edge bookmarks and passwords?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where did windows store my edge bookmarks and passwords?: I'm on reddit phone app now so typing is a bit difficult. Anyway, just now I turned on my laptop and when I opened edge, it greeted me with those edge has been updated tabs. It also asked me with the options (which I don't quite remember) of whether to sign in with my data...
  6. Microsoft Edge lacks the sync privacy feature that encrypts bookmarks & data before...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge lacks the sync privacy feature that encrypts bookmarks & data before...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/smartfon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/er54lg/microsoft_edge_lacks_the_sync_privacy_feature/
  7. Syncing bookmarks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Syncing bookmarks: A few months ago, after an update my bookmarks would not sync (desktop to laptop - previously this worked fine. All files sync). After trying a few different things I have noticed that in the "sync your settings" popup the toggle switch for INTERNET EXPLORER is missing on...
  8. Search Edge Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Search Edge Bookmarks: Does anyone know how to open the Bookmarks folder in Edge and how to search the bookmarks ? Thanks in advance. Alan 53399
  9. Edge bookmarks disapearing

in Browsers and Email
    Edge bookmarks disapearing: I tried importing bookmarks directly from Chrome and tried importing from a file and get the same result with both. I have re-installed Windows Creators several times and still get the same results. Cleared everything from Edge and start over, same result. When I first...
  10. Edge Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Bookmarks: How do I save my bookmarks in edge to transfer to another computer. I want my same setting if possible on another computer. Thanks 31196

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft edge did nit sync