Windows 10: Microsoft EDGE display language discrepancy.

Discus and support Microsoft EDGE display language discrepancy. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good evening. Have an HP laptop that carry with me whenever I travel abroad. PC Microsoft Edge always set up to "United States-English" language.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HorseMan14, Oct 24, 2022.

1. Microsoft EDGE display language discrepancy.

Good evening. Have an HP laptop that carry with me whenever I travel abroad. PC Microsoft Edge always set up to "United States-English" language. However, this time it has changed by itself to "Portuguese", and I have never been to Brazil nor Portugal. I have checked and verified in settings, and it is clearly selected "United States-English" language. If I go back into settings and change it back to English from Portuguese Edge works fine. But once I close it and reopen it, Edge is displayed in Portuguese again. Any advice?

:)

HorseMan14, Oct 24, 2022

2. Microsoft Edge Display

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue is might be related to display drivers.

I suggest you to update your display adapter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.

• Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

• Expand the Display adapter.

• Right click on the driver and select Update driver software.
    For more information, you can also refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/microsoft-edge

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Ruth Buruga, Oct 24, 2022
  3. Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 24, 2022
  4. Ernie San Win User

Microsoft EDGE display language discrepancy.

Microsoft Edge

Hello,

To change the language of your Microsoft Edge, we recommend to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type and click Control Panel.
    • Press CTRL + F and type Language.
    • Click add language and click add language again.
    • Choose and click the language that you want.
    • Click Add.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Open up Edge and web pages should now display in your preferred language(s).
    Let us know how it goes.

Ernie San, Oct 24, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft EDGE display language discrepancy.

1. Microsoft EDGE display language discrepancy. - Similar Threads - Microsoft EDGE display

2. Changing the Display Language in Microsoft Home Single Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing the Display Language in Microsoft Home Single Language: Hello;This is a little long story to tell, as I did lots to achieve my goal, yet failed. I appreciate if you read all of the writing to help me. As a german learner, I decided to change the system language in my laptop including the display language to german. However, after...
  3. Changing the Display Language in Microsoft Home Single Language

Changing the Display Language in Microsoft Home Single Language: Hello;This is a little long story to tell, as I did lots to achieve my goal, yet failed. I appreciate if you read all of the writing to help me. As a german learner, I decided to change the system language in my laptop including the display language to german. However, after...
  4. Microsoft EDGE display language discrepancy.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft EDGE display language discrepancy.: Good evening. Have an HP laptop that carry with me whenever I travel abroad. PC Microsoft Edge always set up to "United States-English" language. However, this time it has changed by itself to "Portuguese", and I have never been to Brazil nor Portugal. I have checked and...
  5. Microsoft Edge language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge language: I opened Microsoft Edge as usual and it came up in a foreign language....German? I have no idea how that happened or what I might have done to cause it. Windows 10 language setting is English. Deleted and reinstalled Microsoft, but it was the same foreign language> How do I...
  6. Microsoft Edge language

Microsoft Edge language: I opened Microsoft Edge as usual and it came up in a foreign language....German? I have no idea how that happened or what I might have done to cause it. Windows 10 language setting is English. Deleted and reinstalled Microsoft, but it was the same foreign language> How do I...
  7. An odd discrepancy between Language layout in the taskbar to Languages in the Settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An odd discrepancy between Language layout in the taskbar to Languages in the Settings.: I have two languages installed on my Laptop Eng US and HEBREW.*It's a week old Laptop!!!After turning it on, that is exactly what I see in the Language layout and pressing on Alt+Shift is enough to change between them.After a While an hour or so I have two extra languages in...
  8. An odd discrepancy between Language layout in the taskbar to Languages in the Settings.

An odd discrepancy between Language layout in the taskbar to Languages in the Settings.: I have two languages installed on my Laptop Eng US and HEBREW.*It's a week old Laptop!!!After turning it on, that is exactly what I see in the Language layout and pressing on Alt+Shift is enough to change between them.After a While an hour or so I have two extra languages in...
  9. Wrong Language being displayed in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wrong Language being displayed in Microsoft Edge: SInce this morning, when I started up Edge, the display was in Arabic (or some similar language) and not English, if I search for MSN.com for example it initially displays in English then goes to Arabic. My language settings all seem fine, but Edge keeps redirecting to the...
  10. Change language prefrences in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change language prefrences in Microsoft Edge: My Update was finished in Vietnam and I want to change it back to my preferred English home settings. I found the correct place to do this but I don't understand Vietnamese to click the correct buttons hoping that is will complete the process. Thanks...