Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Experiment: Battery Life | Windows 10 FCU

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Experiment: Battery Life | Windows 10 FCU in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; What happens when three identical devices run different browsers? The Microsoft Edge team wanted to find out. This experiment showed that battery life... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft Edge Experiment: Battery Life | Windows 10 FCU

[youtube]9NC_4m1oMIY[/youtube]

:)

Brink, Jan 1, 2018

2. Microsoft Edge drains too much battery life

Ever since I've used this computer, I've noticed that there's a gradual decline in battery life. Just recently, I went to

Control Panel -> Power Options -> Battery -> Battery Usage by App

and it seems that Edge uses a whopping 52% of my battery life; 45% in use and 7% in the Background. How do I fix this (or at least, cause edge to use less battery)?

Note: Microsoft claims, "Tests show that when browsing with Microsoft Edge, your battery lasts 36-53% longer per charge than when browsing with Chrome, Firefox, or Opera on Windows 10.", but I'm not sure.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Benjamin Wongmanee, Jan 1, 2018
  3. PACALA_BA Win User
    ?..NIGHT MODE still missing on EDGE (Phone)

Hi,

how can i switch the NIGHT MODE ON, to save my battery life, like on app UC BROWSER....

Microsoft Edge Experiment: Battery Life | Windows 10 FCU [​IMG]

[ Moved Windows / Apps on Windows 10 / Microsoft Edge / Phone ]

* Original title: ?..NIGHT MODE still missing on the EDGE, phone

PACALA_BA, Jan 1, 2018
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there.

Edge would be better to speak to people like SKY GO and sort out why that application won't work with SKY GO -- I know SKY GO uses Silverlight - which is hideous in itself but surely two big companies (ms and SKY) should be able to speak to each other to sort out a sensible policy for handling DRM content and ensure that if Edge is to replace IE11 then it can handle an app LOADS of people still use on a PC.

These days the battle is over CONTENT and if Edge can't deliver then even if it is the most modern / fastest / most secure etc browser people won't switch to it until it can handle commonly used apps.

Seems like this team is hunting around for an application to run EDGE on -- apart from the PDF function which is good I don't bother with it myself at all -- Firefox for normal browsing and IE11 for running CITRIX and SKY GO.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge Experiment: Battery Life | Windows 10 FCU - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Experiment

2. Life of battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Life of battery: My battery doesn't charge more than 52% though it is not old. What shall I do? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/life-of-battery/5e12fd9f-5d27-4239-8109-8a127234ad1f
  3. battery life

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery life: How to get more battery life when not on the charger? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/f3b2c933-8858-437c-a547-63b7a31e7ed9
  4. Battery life New edge vs Chrome

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery life New edge vs Chrome: Basically the title, does new edge (Chromium) use less battery than chrome? submitted by /u/iamweirdasfuck [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/erozg0/battery_life_new_edge_vs_chrome/
  5. Battery Life

Battery Life: My laptop's battery life drains incredibly fast. Unplugging the computer from a charger when its at 100% gives me about 4 minutes before it dies. I've tried freeing up memory, turning off the backlight on the keyboard, and lowing the screen brightness but none of it works....
  6. battery life

battery life: what is the approx. life of the battery in my HP ENVY x360 touchsmart laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/782d5872-5675-4c2f-8ea6-ebed16048580
  7. Battery life

Battery life: kindly i need your support after i upgraded my windows to windows 10 the battery get drained while the pc is off and i don't know what to do for that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/07efec83-d943-4a1c-8b58-842af7ce93ba
  8. Microsoft Edge Experiment: Battery Life | Windows 10 April 2018 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Experiment: Battery Life | Windows 10 April 2018 Update: What happens when three identical devices run different browsers? The Microsoft Edge team wanted to find out. This experiment showed that battery life on a PC running Microsoft Edge lasts 98% longer than Mozilla Firefox and 14% longer than Google Chrome. T24bRAm8MT0 110943
  9. Battery life with windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery life with windows 10: Initially battery life increased for my laptop ASUS S400CA from 2:35 to 3:35. Now it has come down to 2:30. In between I changed battery saver from 100 to 60. Now again I changed to 100. Still battery life is going down. I would like to know about other users exp. Any...
  10. Better battery life with Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    Better battery life with Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Creators Update: There’s a good chance you’ve noticed that Microsoft Edge and other popular browsers have recently been focused on improving battery life. We’ve been paying particular attention to this with Windows 10, and the response has been great. Windows users spend more than half their...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Tests show that when browsing with Microsoft Edge your battery lasts 36-53% longer per charge than when browsing with Chrome Firefox or Opera on Windows 10.

2. show that when browsing with Microsoft Edge your battery lasts 36-53% longer per charge