Windows 10: Microsoft Edge extremely slow

Discus and support Microsoft Edge extremely slow in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Has anyone else noticed Microsoft Edge being extremely slow in opening applications or loading web pages or is it just me? Sometimes it takes ten to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sportsfan7702, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Microsoft Edge extremely slow

Has anyone else noticed Microsoft Edge being extremely slow in opening applications or loading web pages or is it just me? Sometimes it takes ten to thirty seconds to open webpages with the dreaded spinning circle. It would be a while before I could clean install due to lack of funds but I wonder if it's my 25/25 internet or just edge being the culprit?

:)

sportsfan7702, Aug 3, 2015

2. Windows 10 browser crash

Edge is extremely slow, and glitch a lot.

I updated Opera and it works now.

X01X012013, Aug 3, 2015
  3. windows 10

The latest windows update has made my lenovo computer extremely slow to start, the search bar and cortana don't work, neither does settings or Microsoft edge. What can I do?

BenConroy1, Aug 3, 2015
  4. jra505 Win User

Microsoft Edge extremely slow

I think Edge is the culprit. I'm experiencing and a load of other people are too.

jra505, Aug 4, 2015
  5. Marlene Win User
    I am having the same issue. Anywhere from 1 to 3 minutes between clicking on the icon for the browser and actually logging into either Hotmail or Facebook. I hope this is an issue that is being addressed.

Marlene, Aug 5, 2015
  6. otisdog Win User
    No problem here - it is extremely fast.
    Jim

otisdog, Aug 5, 2015
  7. jra505 Win User
    Even when looking at bbc.co.uk/news ?

jra505, Aug 5, 2015
  8. otisdog Win User

The site is slower but it's a site problem, not a browser problem. I was just looking through some pages there. Rolling around the net in general I find Edge to be the fastest browser I've ever used.
    Jim

otisdog, Aug 5, 2015
  9. - seems to me that Edge is more suited to touch-screens (which I don't have)..
    - I discovered ie11 hidden in Windows Accessories, so I've switch to that for desk-top stuff..

- nothing against Edge (- it looks ace!) but ie11 is probably best for me, desk-top wise..*Wink

BugMeister, Aug 5, 2015
  10. jra505 Win User
    Mesh?

jra505, Aug 5, 2015
  11. - meant Edge (changed post)
    - all these changes..

- me brain hurts!! *Sick

BugMeister, Aug 5, 2015
  12. Edge is quite fast however I did notice that my emails seem to show up much faster on Google Chrome and Firefox. When I use Chrome to retrieve my emails they are more up to date that Edge. Does anyone else have this problem.

Bookpleasures, Aug 9, 2015
  13. Microsoft Edge extremely slow

I find EDGE seems slow when you start to open a site.

It will not respond or scroll until all the images or embedded videos have been loaded.

Once the page has loaded then it runs OK.

lexoconnor, Aug 16, 2015
  14. I am having problems with slow webpages. Is it Edge? I have been tempted to take my PC to a shop and have more RAM installed. I currently have 8 gigs of RAM. Maybe 16 gigs would speed it up. Could Edge be using a lot of RAM when running webpages? Sometimes I have problems when writing a Tweet in Twitter. As I am typing the blue circle appears and I have to wait until it stops to finish typing. What do others think? Should I spend $100+ to install more RAM?

Jay

JayTaunton, Aug 21, 2015
  15. Hi,

I would have thought 8GB will be heaps. Check Taskmgr

I find other browsers such as Chrome and Firefox much faster than edge.

I Have SSD disk, i& and 12GB memory so should be fast.

I cannot believe Microsoft rolling out a new browser that is not even up to IE speeds.

lexoconnor, Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge extremely slow - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge extremely

2. Extremly slow browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremly slow browsers: Hi recently all browsers i use are really slow close to unsable, its not tied to internet since on my phone they work perfectly and not tied to the pc since all my games and app work good. I tired clearing cache and cookies and removing toolball and extesions. All browsers...
  3. PC extremely slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC extremely slow: Hi,A few days ago my PC started running extremely slow, to the point where it would take several seconds to open a browser. I initially thought it was because of bitdefender as task manager showed it take a lot of memory. However, after uninstalling it the problem still...
  4. Microsoft Edge, slow and laggy.

Microsoft Edge, slow and laggy.: Good morning. :When my wife and I are finished using our pc for the day, we turn it off. We have noticed that after windows loads and we try to use Microsoft edge, it is very slow and laggy. The only solution I have found that fixes this problem is after boot-up reinstalling...
  5. Extremely slow internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extremely slow internet: Have an issue I'm only getting 90Mbps on a 1G net service on my PC's regardless of connection type,EVEN in safe mode! While my cell phone can pull 900+Mbps PC #1 -Latest Win10Pro updates -Asus ROG Rampage Extreme Encore Motherboard -i9-9820X -32 GB Ram PC#2 -Latest...
  6. Internet Extremely Slow?

Internet Extremely Slow?: So my internet the last few weeks has been a bit slow. When im downloading updates to certain programs etc... they take forever which rarely if ever happen. It wasn't until earlier I decided to do a speed test on speedtest.net and low and behold... my download mbps is 1.23....
  7. extremely slow wifi

extremely slow wifi: I got a used surface pro 5i7 7660U, 256GB about two weeks ago. the internet worked fine and very fast..until I updated 25 out of date drivers through GetMyDrivers, that I PAID for. now, whenever I turn off Bluetooth, the wifi with work at the speed that it is supposed...
  8. Extremely slow Windows

Extremely slow Windows: For some reason my Windows 10 Acer laptop has become extremely slow during the last week or so. I have run the PERFMON /REPORT and see there is a problem which I don't understand and would appreciate help with. Here is a screen print of the report :[ATTACH]...
  9. Extremely Slow

Extremely Slow: My computer is terribly slow. There's a lag for EVERY action performed; turning on the computer and logging in, opening google chrome, opening a new tab, loading a website, shutting off the computer, EVERYTHING. I don't know what to do. I've only used about 1/3 of my...
  10. Browser's extremely slow (Edge + Firefox) when surfing the web

in Browsers and Email
    Browser's extremely slow (Edge + Firefox) when surfing the web: browsing the web is "extremely" slow, I tried edge and firefox and both have this issue. However, on my other local user account it works just fine. My ISP is not the problem because as I mentioned, my other local user is just fine. I ran ccleaner and scanned for...