Windows 10: Microsoft Edge extremely slow

Discus and support Microsoft Edge extremely slow in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I wouldn't doubt that Microsoft is punishing a lot of users who don't keep all of Windows10 in it's default installation mode. But that's too bad.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sportsfan7702, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Microsoft Edge extremely slow

A very simple solution - abandon Windows.

carrotmuseum, Jun 3, 2016

2. - yikes, that's a bit severe..*Eek

- Edge has improved dramatically since first release..
    - I hardly use IE11 at all, nowadays..

PS - it took you 8 months to reply - now that really IS slow.. *chuckle

BugMeister, Jun 3, 2016
  3. Edward Win User
    I love Edge because it take less cpu to play videos than other browsers I still on dual core both laptop and PC

Edward, Jun 3, 2016
  4. Microsoft Edge extremely slow

I am currently using Google Chrome. It is much faster than Edge. Some of my pages still open up with Edge, even though I made Chrome my default browser. I do not understand why this happens but it does. I know that Outlook, old Hotmail, is a Microsoft product so I can understand why it opens in Edge. I can't understand why other pages open up with Edge when my default is Chrome. My Facebook opens with Chrome and some other pages open up with Chrome. Is there something that isn't right that cause some pages to open up with Edge and some with Chrome?

JayTaunton, Jun 4, 2016
  5. I have had problems with Edge opening my Facebook etc very slowly. I even downloaded Firefox to see if it was faster. I prefer Chrome. It is much faster than Edge or Firefox. However, there is something weird happening. When I start my computer and tell Cortana "Facebook log in" it opens up with Chrome and some other pages but some pages open with Edge. Now I know that Outlook, my Hotmail, is a Microsoft product so I wasn't surprised that it opens with Edge but some other pages open with Edge and some with Chrome. Am I missing something. I went to Settings and looked where it says Browsers and it says that Chrome is my default. I gave Edge a 4 month chance. I had Chrome set as my default and Microsoft sent down a large update, it set Edge as my default. I got tired of the slow speed in opening my web pages, Facebook,etc. I only play one game in Facebook and Edge caused it to be so slow when playing it. I reset Chrome as my default and now the game is way faster. Getting to the web page is not the problem, using it once you log in is. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Jay

JayTaunton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Edge extremely slow

1. Microsoft Edge extremely slow - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge extremely

2. Extremly slow browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremly slow browsers: Hi recently all browsers i use are really slow close to unsable, its not tied to internet since on my phone they work perfectly and not tied to the pc since all my games and app work good. I tired clearing cache and cookies and removing toolball and extesions. All browsers...
  3. PC extremely slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC extremely slow: Hi,A few days ago my PC started running extremely slow, to the point where it would take several seconds to open a browser. I initially thought it was because of bitdefender as task manager showed it take a lot of memory. However, after uninstalling it the problem still...
  4. Microsoft Edge, slow and laggy.

Microsoft Edge, slow and laggy.: Good morning. :When my wife and I are finished using our pc for the day, we turn it off. We have noticed that after windows loads and we try to use Microsoft edge, it is very slow and laggy. The only solution I have found that fixes this problem is after boot-up reinstalling...
  5. Extremely slow internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extremely slow internet: Have an issue I'm only getting 90Mbps on a 1G net service on my PC's regardless of connection type,EVEN in safe mode! While my cell phone can pull 900+Mbps PC #1 -Latest Win10Pro updates -Asus ROG Rampage Extreme Encore Motherboard -i9-9820X -32 GB Ram PC#2 -Latest...
  6. Internet Extremely Slow?

Internet Extremely Slow?: So my internet the last few weeks has been a bit slow. When im downloading updates to certain programs etc... they take forever which rarely if ever happen. It wasn't until earlier I decided to do a speed test on speedtest.net and low and behold... my download mbps is 1.23....
  7. extremely slow wifi

extremely slow wifi: I got a used surface pro 5i7 7660U, 256GB about two weeks ago. the internet worked fine and very fast..until I updated 25 out of date drivers through GetMyDrivers, that I PAID for. now, whenever I turn off Bluetooth, the wifi with work at the speed that it is supposed...
  8. Extremely slow Windows

Extremely slow Windows: For some reason my Windows 10 Acer laptop has become extremely slow during the last week or so. I have run the PERFMON /REPORT and see there is a problem which I don't understand and would appreciate help with. Here is a screen print of the report :[ATTACH]...
  9. Extremely Slow

Extremely Slow: My computer is terribly slow. There's a lag for EVERY action performed; turning on the computer and logging in, opening google chrome, opening a new tab, loading a website, shutting off the computer, EVERYTHING. I don't know what to do. I've only used about 1/3 of my...
  10. Browser's extremely slow (Edge + Firefox) when surfing the web

in Browsers and Email
    Browser's extremely slow (Edge + Firefox) when surfing the web: browsing the web is "extremely" slow, I tried edge and firefox and both have this issue. However, on my other local user account it works just fine. My ISP is not the problem because as I mentioned, my other local user is just fine. I ran ccleaner and scanned for...