Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Favorites and Technical Support - Honestly don't know what topic to put this in

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Favorites and Technical Support - Honestly don't know what topic to put this in in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having issues importing my favorites in the new Edge browser. I had to wipe my computer and reimage it due to an infection. I made a copy of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LukeGitchel, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Microsoft Edge Favorites and Technical Support - Honestly don't know what topic to put this in

I am having issues importing my favorites in the new Edge browser. I had to wipe my computer and reimage it due to an infection. I made a copy of the entire drive so that I could recover files if needed. I have the correct 'spartan.edb' file and have uploaded it to multiple locations as specified by the forums. None of the locations are working because edge still isn't picking up on it. Apparently Microsoft thought it was a good idea to change the way favorites are stored. It's now an encrypted database file.

I have tried reading the forums, they suggested I download Edge Manage. I did. All I get are errors about not being able to find the db file. I tried restoring it and that didn't work either. I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. It's not working.

I have tried reaching out to Microsoft's customer support and it's gotten me nowhere. I spent hours waiting on the online automated messaging systems. I even tried having them call me. They did but the chick hung up on me while I was explaining the issue. Seemed intentional and she hasn't called back.

I am continuing to try to fix this and get support from them but it's not going well. I will never use this product again. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. My favorites contain years of research and I would rather not lose them. Thanks!

:)

LukeGitchel, Jan 30, 2021

2. Nesting favorites in Edge

Hello everybody,

I have been trying to figure out how to create folders and have favorites in them in the Edge browser. I have a ton of favorites that are organized by folder of what topic they deal with. My googlefu seems to point to an answer of no folders on the favorites bar, just an endless list of items. Knowing Microsoft the way I do this seems very unlikely, my take is that they love nesting.

Any suggestions?

KeylessEnigma, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Help with Microsoft Edge

Hi Graig,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below on how to Customize News Feed in Microsoft Edge Browser and check if this helps:

• Open Microsoft Edge Browser and click “Customise” (above top sites on the right side).

• Select Top sites and my news feed, select your language and choose your favorite topics.

• After selecting your favorite topics, now click Save. That’s it. Now you can see your favorite news on Microsoft Edge home.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to
    assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Microsoft Edge Favorites and Technical Support - Honestly don't know what topic to put this in

Microsoft Edge Favorites

Hello,

Let us further isolate your concern by answering the following questions:

• Can you clarify what you meant by reinstalling favorites in Microsoft Edge?
    • What are the steps you have done to resolve this?
    You can import favorites you've saved from a different web browser to Microsoft Edge. You might want to consider importing these and check if the same thing happens. Click this
    link for the steps.

Looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Edge Favorites and Technical Support - Honestly don't know what topic to put this in

1. Microsoft Edge Favorites and Technical Support - Honestly don't know what topic to put this in - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Favorites

2. technical support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    technical support: hey i keep getting kernal 41 erros and my pc keeps randomly restarting for the last month ive done clean windows installs and taken my pc to a qualified pc repairer and he said there were no issues with my hardware. below are my specs and event viewer logSPECS: I9 10900KF64GB...
  3. Microsoft technical support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft technical support: So I have been given the complete runaround from Microsoft. I have 20 open cases for support on Remote Desktop with no resolution. I have a number of promises by phone, email and chat to elevate to 2nd level support. I have wasted hours waiting for these phone calls. How can...
  4. Microsoft technical support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft technical support: So I have been given the complete runaround from Microsoft. I have 20 open cases for support on Remote Desktop with no resolution. I have a number of promises by phone, email and chat to elevate to 2nd level support. I have wasted hours waiting for these phone calls. How can...
  5. Technical Support

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Technical Support: How can anyone contact and speak to someone on the phone for technical help? As of now this is the worst customer service I've ever seen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/technical-support/7e175f24-fae4-495b-b4c4-6a9fa91a5953
  6. Communication with MIcrosoft Technical support

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Communication with MIcrosoft Technical support: I am awaiting a call from Tier Two technical support on a printer connectivity issue and have a case # but have not received promised call. This is the second missed call and the first one was identified as not being recorded in the tier one technical support case report or...
  7. Microsoft Technical Support

Microsoft Technical Support: G'day, I have had this problem with a Black Screen. I have tried so many ways to fix it. When I had a problem before. I was able to get a Technician to get logged into my computer. He fixed the problem for me. I had to pay for his service. Am I still able to still get...
  8. Microsoft Edge favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge favorites: Before the Chromium update, I could click on a favorite, and when I closed it and opened the favorites list again, the cursor would be at the last favorite I opened. Now, when I close a favorite, it goes back to the top of the favorites list. Then I have to scroll down, often...
  9. Microsoft Edge favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge favorites: Before the Chromium update, I could click on a favorite, and when I closed it and opened the favorites list again, the cursor would be at the last favorite I opened. Now, when I close a favorite, it goes back to the top of the favorites list. Then I have to scroll down, often...
  10. BSOD: I honestly don't know what i'm doing wrong

BSOD: I honestly don't know what i'm doing wrong: crash files I honestly don't know what i'm doing wrong i updated my bios all my drivers, and fresh installed windows and i'm still dealing with the same problem please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod/5e19f20c-6a22-48a0-8147-1335f019307a