Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Firewall Problem

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Firewall Problem in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there, Installed windows 10 and it's pretty cool although when I used Microsoft Edge with a proxy and with Avast I must disable windows firewall... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by LMSSML, Oct 1, 2015.

1. LMSSML Win User

Microsoft Edge Firewall Problem

Hi there,

Installed windows 10 and it's pretty cool although when I used Microsoft Edge with a proxy and with Avast I must disable windows firewall to work with Microsoft edge.

Tried to use windows store needs that firewall must be up and running, weird thing .

Is there any solution for this or someone has expirienced this situation ?

Thanks in advanced.

:)

LMSSML, Oct 1, 2015

2. WIN10 EDGE BROWSER STOP WORKING AFTER JOIN LOCAL IN DOMAIN, IF I DISABLE FIREWALL SERVICE ALL WORK FINE...

Hi,

I' ve a problem with microsoft edge and microsofrf store.

Situation:

Windows 10 Professional ( preinstalled fujitsu workstation ).

All microsoft update ok.

EDGE browser work fine.

Join in local domain (FIXED IP, PRIMARY DNS DOMAIN CONTROLLER, SECONDARY DNS GOOGLE )

Join ok , no errors.

Internet explorer 11 ok, chrome, mozzilla ok no problem.

EDGE AND MICROSOFT STORE BROKEN!

IF I DISABLE WINDOWS FIREWALL, EDGE WORKS!

IF I SET PRIMARY DNS GOOGLE AND REBOOT MACHINE, EDGE WORKS!

ANY IDEA ????

MP SYSTEM SRL, Oct 1, 2015
  3. Windows Firewall completely blocks Edge Browser

Hi!

Windows 10 Insider, running all updates on fast ring. I have the latest updates.

However, my problem is the Edge Browser. It won't work when the Windows Firewall is on. Internet Explorer works fine. While I could just use IE, I would rather fix this problem, as I have several apps that use Edge by default and each time I use it I
    get a message that says: "Hmm, we can't reach this page." When I turn the Windows Firewall off (stop in Services.msc), and refresh, Edge then goes to the link.

In the Windows Firewall, the Microsoft Edge default inbound and outbound rule is enabled, allowing all connections on all profiles and all interfaces. I just cannot figure what, if any, additional inbound/outbound rule might be blocking Edge from connecting
    to a web page. Turning off the Windows Firewall let's Edge connect. Obviously, for security reasons, running with the Windows Firewall stopped is not acceptable.

I've restarted the device and in the past, that has fixed it, only to have it reappear after a couple of days. Now, even a restart doesn't seem to fix it.

Any ideas?

Dave Franklyn1, Oct 1, 2015
  4. LMSSML Win User

HI there,

Anyone has discover the situation ?

LMSSML, Oct 4, 2015
  5. Hi why are you using a proxy?
    Also have you only just installed Avast, also have you got the latest version.?
    Is it only Edge it is doing it with.?
    Have you put Edge in as a trusted app or site ?

hTconeM9user, Oct 4, 2015
  6. LMSSML Win User
    Hi hTconeM9user

Thanks for the questiona.

Awnser to all the questiona.

Hi why are you using a proxy?
    I'm using a proxy hás it be protocoledby the enterprise.

Also have you only just installed Avast, also have you got the latest version.?
    Only avast is instalied, although I got windows defender installed and I've remover it.

Is it only Edge it is doing it with.?
    Yes it's only edge that is doing i t, using chore or firefox no problem

Have you put Edge in as a trusted app or site ?
    I'vê tried to put hás a trusted application on firewall, iene tried to open all porta but no luck.

Hope to answer to all questions, and hope to era you soon.

Thanks in advanced

LMSSML, Oct 5, 2015
  7. It could be Avast playing up

Bitdefender do a free version that works ok with windows 10 and Edge
    Bull Guard is free but never used it
    McAfee live safe does as well but it is not free
    I have that one and has no trouble at all with it
    Have you free Avast or paid version

hTconeM9user, Oct 5, 2015
  8. LMSSML Win User

Hi There,

thanks for the awnser but indeed the problem is not Avast.
    Th eproblem is windows fivela service if I start it the edge dose not work if the service is stopped edge is working and no problema appears.

I've tried to add rules on firewall but the problem persist.

Only the windows firewall service stopped edge only works.

Thanks in advanced.

LMSSML, Oct 5, 2015
  9. Avast has it own firewall so why have windows one on as well
    Make sure avast firewall is on and shut windows one off

hTconeM9user, Oct 5, 2015
  10. LMSSML Win User
    Hi Theere,

I even made the removable off avast and problem remains.
    That's weird, if I stop firewall windows service and edge works perfectly.

LMSSML, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge Firewall Problem - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Firewall

2. Internet Connection, Firewall, and Microsoft Problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection, Firewall, and Microsoft Problem.: Good day!For some odd reason, my internet connection was suddenly lost even though we have a good connection. As I went deeper to see what's going on, I also found out that my Bluetooth, Speakers, Microsoft Apps, Word, Ppoint, Excel, Teams Insert Flash drives are also...
  3. Internet Connection, Firewall, and Microsoft Problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Connection, Firewall, and Microsoft Problem.: Good day!For some odd reason, my internet connection was suddenly lost even though we have a good connection. As I went deeper to see what's going on, I also found out that my Bluetooth, Speakers, Microsoft Apps, Word, Ppoint, Excel, Teams Insert Flash drives are also...
  4. Microsoft Edge problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge problems: Why can I no longer download my personal movies I have taken from my i-phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-problems/275975da-984d-42b8-9637-f6da4f4f8309
  5. firewall blocking internet to Microsoft edge help fix

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    firewall blocking internet to Microsoft edge help fix: unblock internet to Microsoft edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-blocking-internet-to-microsoft-edge-help/f33b92a5-5978-4770-8121-622ffea5a4b2
  6. microsoft edge problem

in Browsers and Email
    microsoft edge problem: when I run Netflix on edge browser then I switch to full screen mode black screen comes but audio works fine what should I do I already reinstalled windows twice 145942
  7. microsoft edge problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    microsoft edge problem: when I run Netflix on edge browser then I switch to full screen mode black screen comes but audio works fine what should I do I already reinstalled windows twice 145942
  8. Microsoft Edge problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge problem: I can no longer open Microsoft Edge on my computer. What can I do to restore it it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-problem/ce8892f3-0f06-46b8-bb8d-94df6fde0ae5
  9. Microsoft edge problems

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft edge problems: I've downloaded Win 10 (free upgrade) and I love it, but the windows edge is another matter, I seem to be having constant problems with spam and spyware/BHO, type things eversince, and the program is slow in general. I have an anti-virus installed, but can't seem to get into...
  10. Problem with Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Microsoft Edge: Hi. I have windows 10 using Edge not IE,On some sites I get a screen saying to refresh my browser.It's not only the one in question it happens on other sites as well.My Anti vir is Kaspersky with Full licence. Any help on this Please. See Screen shot.Many Thanks. 25585

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge firewall problem