Windows 10: Microsoft Edge gains a little bit of market share in February

Discus and support Microsoft Edge gains a little bit of market share in February in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Back in December of 2015, we reported that Edge was losing market share in the US and worldwide, which didn’t bode particularly well for the browser’s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Sumit Dhiman, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Microsoft Edge gains a little bit of market share in February

Read more:
    http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsofts-edge-browser-gains-slightly-february

:)

Sumit Dhiman, Mar 1, 2016
  2. klhansen Win User

Printing only highlighted selection Windows10 Edge

What a CROCK OF ****. Following the Microsoft path of eliminating or burying features that are actually helpful.

Shame on Microsoft. They expect to gain market share doing this??

klhansen, Mar 1, 2016
  3. bazyeo Win User
    nokia and microsft partnership

This is all part of Microsoft's plan to gain control of Nokia. The first step was to plant Stephen Elop at Nokia. The second step is this agreement between the two companies. Sometime within the next few years Microsoft will take over Nokia and own it completely.
    Then Microsoft will close the company down. I have seen this happen time after time here in Australia. It's all about getting rid of your competition for market share. And as we know Microsoft's market share in the mobile phone market is abysmal

bazyeo, Mar 1, 2016
  4. Microsoft Edge gains a little bit of market share in February

That is good to hear come on Edge Browser you can do it
    I don't use no other Browser at all

hTconeM9user, Mar 1, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.

Until people like SKY TV can make SKY GO work on it (SKY is still using Silverlight) loads of people will have to stick with IE whatever the drawbacks are. (Actually SKY TV has only just about heard of Windows 7 never mind W10 !!! although it does work on W10).

Perhaps Ms should have got more of these people involved from the start and make a Browser that actually can do things like using these online TV streaming services even if they do have cruddy DRM (Silverlight). Ms could work with these people so they could use better security systems instead of having to support basically two browsers going in opposite directions.

One can use Chrome of course (that's how SKY GO works on Android devices) but I don't really want Chrome on a Windows PC.

Incidentally any Linux users on these boards who have managed to get SKY GO to work on it -- should in theory be capable as Android itself is only another Linux distro so I suppose the trick is to get the security system from Chrome on Android into your Linux box.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 1, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    I can use Netflix on Edge and it makes use of Silverlight and I have zero issues. In fact I'm watching it now.

BunnyJ, Mar 1, 2016
  7. Same here

8. davidhk Win User

Microsoft Edge gains a little bit of market share in February

+1 +1 +1

davidhk, Mar 1, 2016
  9. Not sure how you check, but are you sure it is using Silverlight and not the HTML5 player?

paulsalter, Mar 1, 2016
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    I had to install Silverlight to get Netflix to run on any browser.

BunnyJ, Mar 1, 2016
  11. Interesting, will have to try it

Get Silverlight | Microsoft Silverlight

according to MS
    *** Silverlight is not available in the Microsoft Edge browser, but is supported in Internet Explorer.

paulsalter, Mar 1, 2016
  12. It does install ok with Edge

13. Microsoft Edge gains a little bit of market share in February

Install as an add on for Edge or just install on your PC?

According to Netflix, Edge on Windows 10 only uses HTML5

paulsalter, Mar 1, 2016
  14. I have absolutely no reason to switch from Chrome. I bet most people feel the same way. They need to give Edge some cool & unique features if they want people to migrate from Chrome or Firefox.

BrownianMotion, Mar 1, 2016
  15. larc919 Win User
    I agree. Even "as good as" doesn't offer sufficient incentive to change. And Edge is still a good distance away from that point.

larc919, Mar 1, 2016
Thema:

Microsoft Edge gains a little bit of market share in February

1. Microsoft Edge gains a little bit of market share in February - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge gains

2. Windows 10 is comfortably ahead of Windows 11, gaining nearly 1% market share

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is comfortably ahead of Windows 11, gaining nearly 1% market share: Microsoft has already clarified its plans to end support for Windows 10 in 2025, and it’s just eighteen months before the operating system stops receiving updates and support. However, StatCounter’s report shows that Windows 10 gained almost 1% market share between January...
  3. Market Share Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Market Share Windows: Windows 10 is the most market share in February 2023, but the current Windows is Windows 10 right in 2023? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/market-share-windows/657c0934-c2c0-42fd-89e2-7cab9e23e28d
  4. Market Share Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Market Share Windows: Windows 10 is the most market share in February 2023, but the current Windows is Windows 10 right in 2023? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/market-share-windows/657c0934-c2c0-42fd-89e2-7cab9e23e28d
  5. Market Share Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. A little bit problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A little bit problem.: Hi, I have a problem with my pc, I don't use it for a few minutes, around 15-20 minutes, the screen shows me a blue screen, after a few mouse clicks it returns to its settings I have disabled the sleep and shutdown mode options automatic. Can you help me with this issue,...
  7. Windows 10 continues to gain market share, crosses 34 percent mark

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 continues to gain market share, crosses 34 percent mark: Although Microsoft is investing both money and time in its cloud services, that doesn’t mean the company has given up on its desktop operating system and Windows is unimportant to its strategy. Microsoft still cares about Windows 10 and the company is also paying attention to...
  8. Market Share February 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Market Share February 2018: The StatCounter Data indicates that W10 has overtaken W7. Here are the charts from NetMarketShare and StatCounter. (You'll need to click several times to see it full size) [img] Data from NetMarketShare Data from StatCounter Note: If you visit the NetMarketShare...
  9. Market Share December 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Market Share December 2017: Supposedly there are millions of W7 bots, so NetMarketShare has retconned their data to strip market share from W7. It makes no sense. Bots need a machine to run on and they are visiting sites, so therefore they are actually part of the market. It's like the...
  10. Market Share March 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Market Share March 2018: Here are the charts from NetMarketShare and StatCounter. NetMarketShare suggests that W7 & W10 both decreased slightly and XP went up. *Confused StatCounter shows W10 increasing and W7 decreasing. (You'll need to click several times to see it full size)...