Windows 10: Microsoft Edge gains a little bit of market share in February

Discus and support Microsoft Edge gains a little bit of market share in February in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I agree. Even "as good as" doesn't offer sufficient incentive to change. And Edge is still a good distance away from that point. I have absolutely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Sumit Dhiman, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Microsoft Edge gains a little bit of market share in February

+1 +1.Edge is on the way to become a stable browser first after then we can start comparing it with others.
    IMO,
    Chrome==Firefox>IE>Edge

Sumit Dhiman, Mar 2, 2016
  2. Clam Win User

Very good comparison, I have to agree with it. But Edge looks way more promising than IE ever did!

3. One of the biggest problems with Edge is that it is a metro App,Microsoft doesn't understand that Win32 apps are not history as of now.Once chrome gave an option to the user to launch in Metro app mode and same should have been done to Edge.Lots of people cannot use edge because their metro apps are broken and noobs cannot find a way to repair them.

Sumit Dhiman, Mar 2, 2016
  4. Microsoft Edge gains a little bit of market share in February

Edge beats IE11 hands down and once everything added to it
    It will be 100% better than IE11 was
    I have used it from day one beginning of August when I upgraded and I have never gone back or tried another Browser since
    IE 11 on my systems have had all traces of it removed from the All Apps section, and the C drive under programs.
    My systems run a lot better for it not being there no crashers, hang ups or freezes at all

hTconeM9user, Mar 2, 2016
  5. Cr00zng Win User
    Each of its own.... On my Windows 10, Edge had not been started up as of yet, nor does it have Chrome. IE11 and Firefox are more than enough for browsing...

Cr00zng, Mar 2, 2016
  6. Edge doesn't support Silverlight but IE 11 does. Edge uses HTML5.

Microsoft confirms its new Edge browser won't support Silverlight | Windows Central

Netflix system requirements for HTML5 Player and Silverlight

Edge and the Netflix Windows 10 app are the only ways to get 1080p in WIndows 10.

Netflix Streaming Quality to Decide the War Between Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge

orlbuckeye, Mar 2, 2016
  7. zooburner Win User
    I wonder how much of this 'gain' is real gain.
    My default browser is set to firefox but when I click on a link within a program, or a program opens a browser to say send feedback then edge opens, and as it is already open I just tend to use it. I have checked my settings a few times even re-set after every update but it still uses edge not firefox !

zooburner, Mar 2, 2016
  8. larc919 Win User

Microsoft Edge gains a little bit of market share in February

If IE was the best browser you ever used before Windows 10, I can certainly understand why you may be so enamored with Edge. *Wink

larc919, Mar 2, 2016
  9. No ages ago I tried FF and Opera did not like it
    Have run Chrome on other systems but did nothing for me
    Little search buttons kept coming up and wold not go away
    the trouble was it was right in the middle of what was trying to be done or read

hTconeM9user, Mar 2, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    +1 +1 +1

davidhk, Mar 3, 2016
  11. Yup, thats the only thing I find rather annoying about W10 and EDGE crap right now. On all previous versions your default browser would do the feedback and etc, in W10 it force us to EDGE which I hate. I don't need that useless WIP bloatware on my system. It's the one item that I'm sad I cannot remove from the system. It's not even a complete browser, its a WIP so why even bother adding it to the OS from the start? Microsoft lost the browser wars long time ago and I feel sad for anyone that sticks with using only IE/EDGE. There are far superior browsers out there and multiple choices with maximum levels of customization and security over EDGE. Edge is a flaming turd.

It totally reminds me of a re-hash of IE, common. IE? What a flaw. I haven't opened that since version 6 or 7. No thanks. Not interested in riding the malware express. Doesn't matter what you use to surf these days (Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Safari, Maxthon) all are vastly superior to IE & EDGE and always will be, and if you want to be smart on your system I recommend anyone not use it.

I love me some Waterfox (x64 FF) but Chrome x64 BETA is hella fast too, and is right up there neck and neck, in some cases superior then FF but I like the complete customization in what FF has to offer. It even has skins to make it look like IE for those that are scared to leave IE (which I don't know why, lol). If EGDE wasn't tied into the O/S I'd delete that garbage in a heartbeat.

What's the most important part of accessing the WWW (well to be able to f-ing surf). Netscape FTW!

Microsoft Edge gains a little bit of market share in February [​IMG]

heyyahblah, Mar 3, 2016
  12. How do you know they are vastly superior when you haven't used IE for about 15 years?

paulsalter, Mar 3, 2016
  13. BunnyJ New Member

Good point. I've tried IE11 recently and it's really not a bad browser. While it's not the best one can easily live with it.

BunnyJ, Mar 3, 2016
  14. I know. I used Opera v8.5x and 9x "ages" ago" and it was at that point, THE ABSOLUTE FASTEST BROWSER I had ever tried bar none. I just don't understand htConeM9User (is that correct?) how Edge/10 are the only good products you've EVER used? It's as if everything prior was crap, and now Edge/10 are like the second coming. It may be better in fact, but not THAT much better.
    (Remember, even I praise Windows 10's speed, especially on older PCs, and I hate the product)
    *Smile

Jody Thornton, Mar 3, 2016
  15. Oh I forgot there's no "Like" button *Smile

Jody Thornton, Mar 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge gains a little bit of market share in February - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge gains

2. Windows 10 is comfortably ahead of Windows 11, gaining nearly 1% market share

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is comfortably ahead of Windows 11, gaining nearly 1% market share: Microsoft has already clarified its plans to end support for Windows 10 in 2025, and it’s just eighteen months before the operating system stops receiving updates and support. However, StatCounter’s report shows that Windows 10 gained almost 1% market share between January...
  3. Market Share Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Market Share Windows: Windows 10 is the most market share in February 2023, but the current Windows is Windows 10 right in 2023? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/market-share-windows/657c0934-c2c0-42fd-89e2-7cab9e23e28d
  4. Market Share Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Market Share Windows: Windows 10 is the most market share in February 2023, but the current Windows is Windows 10 right in 2023? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/market-share-windows/657c0934-c2c0-42fd-89e2-7cab9e23e28d
  5. Market Share Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. A little bit problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A little bit problem.: Hi, I have a problem with my pc, I don't use it for a few minutes, around 15-20 minutes, the screen shows me a blue screen, after a few mouse clicks it returns to its settings I have disabled the sleep and shutdown mode options automatic. Can you help me with this issue,...
  7. Windows 10 continues to gain market share, crosses 34 percent mark

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 continues to gain market share, crosses 34 percent mark: Although Microsoft is investing both money and time in its cloud services, that doesn’t mean the company has given up on its desktop operating system and Windows is unimportant to its strategy. Microsoft still cares about Windows 10 and the company is also paying attention to...
  8. Market Share February 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Market Share February 2018: The StatCounter Data indicates that W10 has overtaken W7. Here are the charts from NetMarketShare and StatCounter. (You'll need to click several times to see it full size) [img] Data from NetMarketShare Data from StatCounter Note: If you visit the NetMarketShare...
  9. Market Share December 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Market Share December 2017: Supposedly there are millions of W7 bots, so NetMarketShare has retconned their data to strip market share from W7. It makes no sense. Bots need a machine to run on and they are visiting sites, so therefore they are actually part of the market. It's like the...
  10. Market Share April 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Market Share April 2018: Not to slag Windows 10 at all, but it seems every other forum that discusses market share puts Windows 7 as first place, although the margin of difference is really shrinking. Just curious. *Smile It depends on which set of figures sites prefer to use. For example, the...