Windows 10: Microsoft Edge has never worked since my WIN 10 upgrade

Discus and support Microsoft Edge has never worked since my WIN 10 upgrade in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hmm, we can't reach this page. Try this Make sure you’ve got the right web address: This has been the message, I've gotten ever since... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Fidel, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Fidel Win User

Microsoft Edge has never worked since my WIN 10 upgrade

Hmm, we can't reach this page.

Try this

• Make sure you’ve got the right web address:

This has been the message, I've gotten ever since trying to use Microsoft Edge, any suggestions?

:)

Fidel, Mar 6, 2016
  2. Darshan J Win User

Win 10 upgrade has never worked well

Hi Albert,

To help you better provide us with the below information.

• Which build is currently installed on your computer?
    • Do you have any antivirus program installed on your computer?
    • Do you see any error message while the update fails?
    • Which browser are you using to play the videos?

Lets keep clean install procedure has last priority, follow the below suggestions and methods and check if it helps in addressing the issue.

I would suggest you align your date, time and region settings correctly and then try installing all the pending updates including the anniversary update on your computer. If Anniversary update is not available you can click on
    Update now in the link below to install the update.

Download Windows 10

Further try the below methods and check if helps fixing the issue.

Method 1: Disable third party antivirus program.

Disable Antivirus and security-related products, if you have any Antivirus installed for (Free) uninstall it, if not then disable the Antivirus, try again to update and check if issue is resolved.

Disclaimer: Antivirus software helps protecting your computer against viruses and other

security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software and\or troubleshoot any pertinent issue, you should re-enable it as soon as you're
    done. If you are connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to malware attacks

Method 2: Run System maintenance Troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer:

1. Type “Control Panel” on the search box.
    Click on the first result available.

2. Click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Click on
    View all option on the left side of the Windows.

4. Click on
    System Maintenance option.

5. Click on
    Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.

Method 3: Update all the drivers on your computer.

Refer the below article to update all your display, graphic, Sound card and chipset drivers on your computer.

Update drivers in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...566-b983195752c1/update-drivers-in-windows-10

If you are unable to play videos and audio in edge, run app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...790db/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

For audio related issue you can refer to the link which helps fixing your issue.

Fix sound problems

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...eac-4566-867a-98d2761a770d/fix-sound-problems

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Darshan J, Mar 6, 2016
  3. Win 10 upgrade has never worked well

My HP Pavillon 13x2 PC was upgraded from win 8.1 to Win 10 last fall. It has never worked well since. Videos on you tube and various sites stutter..audio buzzes. Fails to update email(wont connect to windows client service). Various attempts to update
    have not resolved my issues other than to eat up my memory (64 GB SSD). Ive tried to update using a memory card since it says I don't have enough hard drive space but that fails too. Theres just not a lot on my harddrive, no movies or music , just usual Kapsersky
    and a few pix. I'm totally confused. Should I just do a clean install or what?

AlbertWatkins, Mar 6, 2016
  4. snoopy51 Win User

Does any browser(s) work? For example, Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer 11?

snoopy51, Mar 7, 2016
  5. Fidel Win User
    They all work, other then EDGE, not like its a necessity that I have it, but I would like you try it.

Fidel, Mar 8, 2016
  6. snoopy51 Win User
    Any particular web page or web site?
    Your version of Edge? For example:

Microsoft Edge has never worked since my WIN 10 upgrade [​IMG]

You can display your Edge version by using Settings under Edge.

snoopy51, Mar 8, 2016
  7. Fidel Win User
    How do I find out? It's a possibility I have, I disabled MANY options in order to not be tracked, which is what alot of people say with Windows 10

Fidel, Mar 8, 2016
  8. Fidel Win User

The same version as this one.

Fidel, Mar 8, 2016
  9. Mystere Win User
    Ugh... well, god only knows what has been done then... your best option is to do a clean install, and then NOT doing all that stuff.

Mystere, Mar 9, 2016
  10. Fidel Win User
    Could be the reason, I'll just live with it. See you Mystere!!

Fidel, Mar 9, 2016
  11. snoopy51 Win User
    Interesting! You edit, edit and change options so now Edge is no longer working at all. Did you keep track of what you were doing? If so, can you let us know what you did so we can learn what not to do?

snoopy51, Mar 11, 2016
  12. Fidel Win User
    Just look up "disable tracking", whatever they said, thats what I did.

Fidel, Mar 11, 2016
  13. Mystere Win User

And now you know the dangers of blindly following what people say on the internet. Not everyone, and in fact most people who claim to be experts on something aren't, and they are often offering advice that may work for them, but may make the computer unusable for you.

Mystere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge has never worked since my WIN 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge has

2. I uninstalled Realtek a while back and my audio has never worked since

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled Realtek a while back and my audio has never worked since: When I first got this pc I was annoyed at the audio settings that didn't fit for me, so I deleted Realtek. What I didn't know was that it was needed on my computer.Whenever I tried to reinstall it; it'd put me through the process even make me restart my computer and never...
  3. pink tint in Microsoft Edge since WIN 10 to WIN 11 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pink tint in Microsoft Edge since WIN 10 to WIN 11 install: After originally upgrading WIN 10 to WIN 11 I noticed Pink Tint in either MS Edge or Google Chrome. Standard Fixes listed on Windows Support have failed to FIX. I have the latest September update, latest ISO was installed today 12-29-22 by a Windows Tech on CHAT. I have...
  4. pink tint in Microsoft Edge since WIN 10 to WIN 11 install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pink tint in Microsoft Edge since WIN 10 to WIN 11 install: After originally upgrading WIN 10 to WIN 11 I noticed Pink Tint in either MS Edge or Google Chrome. Standard Fixes listed on Windows Support have failed to FIX. I have the latest September update, latest ISO was installed today 12-29-22 by a Windows Tech on CHAT. I have...
  5. windows upgrade has not worked since 2018.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows upgrade has not worked since 2018.: I have an older desktop which works very well for my needs. Since 2018 Microsoft has attempted to auto-install updates/upgrades with no success. When it arrives at 60% complete it quits and reverses the items deemed current needs. So my PC is immobilized for two + hours. This...
  6. MY COMPUTER HAS NOT WORKED WELL SINCE I UPGRADED FROM WIN 7 TO WIN 10.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MY COMPUTER HAS NOT WORKED WELL SINCE I UPGRADED FROM WIN 7 TO WIN 10.: MY COMPUTER BARELY WORKS SINCE I UPGRADED FROM WIN 7 TO WIN 10. HAVE I BEEN HACKED? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-computer-has-not-worked-well-since-i-upgraded/8f1a17e1-427e-4a49-ac01-2f9925b96db3
  7. my win live mail has become very bizarre since the win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    my win live mail has become very bizarre since the win 10 upgrade: The opening page of my live mail has become mirror imaged diagonally and also the lists of emails in my 2 attached accounts are also diagonally mirror imaged. It makes them really hard to read. I have to expand them to half the screen to have a chance of reading them and the...
  8. Several Windows apps not working since upgrade to win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Several Windows apps not working since upgrade to win 10: Hi everyone, I recently upgraded from win 7 to win 10. After upgrading I noticed my start menu wasn't working properly. When I clicked it or even the search box nothing would come up. I found some potential solutions online which suggested running sfc /scannnow, which i...
  9. Since my WIN 10 upgrade from WIN 7..my OFFICE programs don't work?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Since my WIN 10 upgrade from WIN 7..my OFFICE programs don't work?: How can I get them to work or can somebody suggest a word processing program? 60668
  10. Since Win 10 Upgrade, mic and headphones do not work.......

in Windows 10 Support
    Since Win 10 Upgrade, mic and headphones do not work.......: HP Envy- H81534...Since Win 10 Upgrade, mic and headphones do not work.......Machine came with Beats audio but now it does not handle my sound apparently. Most of the controls on the Beats Audio console are greyed out or frozen. As you probably know, Hp does not provide Win...