Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Icon in Taskbar is There - But "See Through"/Clear (01-12-2019)

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Icon in Taskbar is There - But "See Through"/Clear (01-12-2019) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft Edge icon is on my taskbar, But it is "See Through". However, if I mouse over the Microsoft Edge application in the taskbar, I can click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FourEyedLady, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Microsoft Edge Icon in Taskbar is There - But "See Through"/Clear (01-12-2019)

Microsoft Edge icon is on my taskbar, But it is "See Through". However, if I mouse over the Microsoft Edge application in the taskbar, I can click on it and use it. If I do not mouse over it, the Edge icon can not been seen.

What is the source of the problem with this "clear" Edge icon in the Taskbar? On the other hand, I can see the MS Edge application shortcut on my desktop, but when I move it to my taskbar, the Edge Icon disappears.

Any help and insight is appreciated to fix this disappearing icon.

:)

FourEyedLady, Jan 13, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Microsoft Edge Does Not Appear in Taskbar

I worked through steps 1 and 2 with no problems detected. I have not experienced Edge crashing so I don't think items 3 or 4 are applicable. There were no updates available within settings for Edge.

Still looking for an answer to this problem. I know that I am not the only person that has pointed out this problem with the Microsoft Edge icon disappearing and not appear on the taskbar when it is open. The icon just disappeared and it is a Windows 10
    problem that has not been addressed with any updates. Very frustrating.

LarryBird210, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Microsoft Edge Icon in Taskbar is There - But "See Through"/Clear (01-12-2019)

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Edge Icon in Taskbar is There - But "See Through"/Clear (01-12-2019)

1. Microsoft Edge Icon in Taskbar is There - But "See Through"/Clear (01-12-2019) - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Icon

2. Desktop is clickable through taskbar edges

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop is clickable through taskbar edges: I've recently installed a fresh windows, but there's an annoying feature happening, whenever I go to the bottom left/right on my taskbar instead of opening my Start Menu it clicks on my desktop, and it happens the same when I try to use aero.I've just noticed that I can click...
  3. Can't see Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see Taskbar Icons: I woke up this morning to find I can't see half the Icons on my apps. What is happening?! I'm a scholar so I really need to switch apps often but turns out. I can't even see the apps!...
  4. Clear taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clear taskbar?: Is there any way to make the windows 10 taskbar the same color as the application that's in use? I have a program for a transparent taskbar, but i'm curious if there's a way to make it look as if the application is in full screen mode while still having the task bar visible....
  5. Edge icon missing in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge icon missing in taskbar: Greetings, [img] I followed the instructions to install the new Edge side by side with Edge legacy. Now the icon for Edge legacy isn't showing on the taskbar. I've tried rebooting. What else can I try? Thanks, Shane. 149471
  6. edge icon missing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    edge icon missing on taskbar: edge icon missing on taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/edge-icon-missing-on-taskbar/ee5d51f6-6eb6-498f-9e29-0f6a4d5f9db9
  7. how to clear taskbar tray icon list?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to clear taskbar tray icon list?: Windows 10 Pro 1709 How does one edit or clear this list? I executed the "portable" version of Ultimate Windows Tweaker ONE time and chose not to use it. Thank you, 116118
  8. Edge icon blank in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge icon blank in taskbar: Any way to fix this easily please? [img] [img] Thanks 36195
  9. ssl cache clear in microsoft edge

in Browsers and Email
    ssl cache clear in microsoft edge: hi, I really want to know if somebody here know, if it possible to clean the ssl cache on edge, like the content tab on ie, or not, and if not, are if I clean it on the tab in ie, are it works also on edge? thank you very much. 49578
  10. Edge Icon on Desktop and Taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Icon on Desktop and Taskbar: The Icon to Microsoft Edge seems to have changed to a white "e" on a blue background. I'm sure it just used to be a blue "e" on a transparent background. How would I go about changing it back? Many thanks. 63626

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft edge logo transparent on taskbar

2. is there problem with microsoft edge task bar icorn 10 dec2019

3. microsoft edge see-through

4. lastpass for edge does not appear,
  5. microsoft edge has lines through icon,
  6. no taskbar icon for microsoft edge,
  7. How To I get Back My Microsoft Edge Icon On Taskbar 2019,
  8. why i see a blank icon for microsoft edge?,
  9. edge lost icon in taskbar,
  10. microsoft edge icon is blank in taskbar,
  11. edge taskbar icon blank,