Windows 10: Microsoft Edge - IE "Mode" or Tab

Discus and support Microsoft Edge - IE "Mode" or Tab in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My company uses several legacy websites and I'd like to use them using the recently enable IE "mode" in Microsoft Edge. However, I cannot seem to find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brent B_AFS, May 30, 2019.

1. Microsoft Edge - IE "Mode" or Tab

My company uses several legacy websites and I'd like to use them using the recently enable IE "mode" in Microsoft Edge. However, I cannot seem to find any guides for doing this. The YouTube video Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer Mode - PRE09 is helpful in regards to understanding the history and need for this mode, but he glosses over the nitty-gritty of getting it set up.

What steps are necessary to open a legacy website in an IE "mode" tab in Edge?

:)

Brent B_AFS, May 30, 2019
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, May 30, 2019
  3. Micki1020 Win User
    Microsoft Edge + Tabs

NOT HELPFUL.

All I want to do is ...

• click a link in an email
    • have it open in a new tab in Microsoft Edge (not an existing window)
    DARN WHY DO THEY MAKE IT SO HARD!

Micki1020, May 30, 2019
  4. Microsoft Edge - IE "Mode" or Tab

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 30, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Edge - IE "Mode" or Tab

1. Microsoft Edge - IE "Mode" or Tab - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Mode

2. edge issue To open this page in IE mode, try restarting Microsoft Edge.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edge issue To open this page in IE mode, try restarting Microsoft Edge.: Dears,We have issue which this issue keep appearing in multiple PC which prevent us form opening website that required IE mode.First we remove the IE feature then install it agin it resolve but the issue is back again after some time.Is there any permanent solution for this...
  3. edge issue To open this page in IE mode, try restarting Microsoft Edge.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    edge issue To open this page in IE mode, try restarting Microsoft Edge.: Dears,We have issue which this issue keep appearing in multiple PC which prevent us form opening website that required IE mode.First we remove the IE feature then install it agin it resolve but the issue is back again after some time.Is there any permanent solution for this...
  4. IE mode on Edge and Chrome not working with ActiveX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IE mode on Edge and Chrome not working with ActiveX: HiI have legacy apps that runs on ActiveX, which is to read file from local PC via browser. It use to works fine in IE. And to run in Chrome and Edge, I understand that by enabling IE mode on edge and chrome may help. Unfortunately, I have tested it out, it just doesn't work,...
  5. MS Edge IE Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Edge IE Mode: Hi, as the support for IE is due to be finished, this will be removed from our machines but this brings in an issue with loading legacy pages within Edge in IE Modei have removed IE from a machine by turning the feature off since then Edge will not load any legacy sites in IE...
  6. MS Edge IE Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Edge IE Mode: Hi, as the support for IE is due to be finished, this will be removed from our machines but this brings in an issue with loading legacy pages within Edge in IE Modei have removed IE from a machine by turning the feature off since then Edge will not load any legacy sites in IE...
  7. MS Edge IE Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Edge Chromium IE Mode Question

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium IE Mode Question: Hey all, I'm running version 2004 and trying to figure out how to get IE Mode to work with the Chromium version of Edge. Every article and write up from MS and other sites tell me to enable it in edge://flags but it's not there and a few sites have said to check it in...
  9. Edge stable IE mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge stable IE mode: I'm hoping someone here can help me. I'm trying to get IE mode working in the new Edge stable. I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise build 1903 and I'm using the recently released Edge stable. I've followed all the steps in this guide:...
  10. IE "Open Microsoft Edge" Tab, want to remove it, how?

in Browsers and Email
    IE "Open Microsoft Edge" Tab, want to remove it, how?: After updating to the CU 1703, IE now has an "Open Microsoft Edge" TAB which I'd like to remove. Its becoming annoying as I'm accidentally clicking it when wanting to just open a new TAB. Had a good look in the Advanced settings and under TAB settings but didn't see any way...