Windows 10: Microsoft Edge immediately went up to 4.5GB RAM and 90% CPU.

Discus and support Microsoft Edge immediately went up to 4.5GB RAM and 90% CPU. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey Guys, I was using my PC which is a Dell Inspiron 3471 with an intel i5 9400 Processor, 8GB of Ram, and Intel UHD 630 Graphics adapter, and was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AarushSoni, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Microsoft Edge immediately went up to 4.5GB RAM and 90% CPU.

Hey Guys, I was using my PC which is a Dell Inspiron 3471 with an intel i5 9400 Processor, 8GB of Ram, and Intel UHD 630 Graphics adapter, and was working on a PowerPoint presentation with Microsoft Edge open. Suddenly my computer fan started to make so much noise and the fan started to run at full speed. So I decided to check in the task manager and guess what I saw Microsoft edge running at 90% CPU and it's increasing its consumption of RAM time by time. I was doing just basic browsing that I do every day. Is there any proper reason for this because this slowed down my computer so much as it

:)

AarushSoni, Jun 20, 2021

2. microsoft edge

edge is using 90% RAM and 90% CPU

MikeForster1, Jun 20, 2021
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jun 20, 2021
  4. Edwin Win User

Microsoft Edge immediately went up to 4.5GB RAM and 90% CPU.

lost 4 Microsoft Edge windows with 90 tabs on each of them

Next time:

Microsoft Edge immediately went up to 4.5GB RAM  and 90% CPU. [​IMG]

Edwin, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Edge immediately went up to 4.5GB RAM and 90% CPU.

1. Microsoft Edge immediately went up to 4.5GB RAM and 90% CPU. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge immediately

2. microsoft edge is repeatedly opening in task manager and eating 90% of my cpu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft edge is repeatedly opening in task manager and eating 90% of my cpu.: I don't even use edge. I've been dealing with this for a while I was just closing it in task manager but it keeps coming back. I tried disabling startup boosts as well as background processes, I'm out of ideas help pls....
  3. microsoft edge is repeatedly opening in task manager and eating 90% of my cpu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft edge is repeatedly opening in task manager and eating 90% of my cpu.: I don't even use edge. I've been dealing with this for a while I was just closing it in task manager but it keeps coming back. I tried disabling startup boosts as well as background processes, I'm out of ideas help pls....
  4. 16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?: I have upgraded my ram in my windows 11 HP laptop from 8GB to 16GB. Recently I noticed that things are getting slower. When I checked in task manager, this is what it shows. It detects 16GB of RAM, but in the left hand side in the RAM tab you can see it shows 4.x GB/5.00GB....
  5. 16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?

16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?: I have upgraded my ram in my windows 11 HP laptop from 8GB to 16GB. Recently I noticed that things are getting slower. When I checked in task manager, this is what it shows. It detects 16GB of RAM, but in the left hand side in the RAM tab you can see it shows 4.x GB/5.00GB....
  6. PC stuck at 90% cpu usage and 6 out of 7.9gb ram

PC stuck at 90% cpu usage and 6 out of 7.9gb ram: Hello, today I was writing text in a notepad on my laptop and playing music from discord. And all of a sudden the music stopped and the laptop basically stopped and then the taskbar flashed black and then back and it was stuck or something. I hit ctrl+alt+delete and rebooted....
  7. lost 4 Microsoft Edge windows with 90 tabs on each of them

in Browsers and Email
    lost 4 Microsoft Edge windows with 90 tabs on each of them: Hey, Umm I just lost 4 windows with 90 tabs on each of them can you help me restore it! I can't see them on the history page in the recently closed section I mean I can see the individuals URLs but not the complete windows. Is there any way I can get all of them back as they...
  8. services.exe takes up 90% CPU on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    services.exe takes up 90% CPU on Windows 10: I already found similar questions but they are several years old and referred to older versions of Windows. So: what can I do if services.exe takes up 90% CPU on Windows 10? It does it every time I start Windows. I cannot stop the process because it is a system file....
  9. Edge crashes immediately on start up

in Browsers and Email
    Edge crashes immediately on start up: I just did a clean install of Windows 10 on a machine that had previously been upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. The only thing I have done so far, is let the updates complete. When I try to open Edge, it immediately crashes. By experimenting a little, it seems to be...
  10. Only 5GB of 6GB of RAM usable?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only 5GB of 6GB of RAM usable?: Hello. I have a Lenovo G50-45 Windows 10 Professional 64-bit with a 64-bit AMD A8-6410 APU processor laptop.<br>I somewhy only have 5GB of ram usable when I have 6gb DDR3. I have unchecked maximum memory in msconfig, and have set the number of processors to 4, but still...