Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Immersive Reader: Screeching sound?

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Immersive Reader: Screeching sound? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I'm working, I like to turn on the immersive reader on Microsoft Edge and listen while I finish my work. Lately, I'm noticing with the natural... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by androidbeat, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Microsoft Edge Immersive Reader: Screeching sound?

When I'm working, I like to turn on the immersive reader on Microsoft Edge and listen while I finish my work. Lately, I'm noticing with the natural voices especially the Guy and Aria English there is a screeching sound that happens every now and then. It's annoying and it especially hurts my ears when I use AirPods while I listen. Anyway to fix this? I tried using different devices but they all have it and I know it's not my sound system because it persists using AirPods on my laptop.

:)

androidbeat, Apr 30, 2020
  2. rastley Win User

Can't open immersive reader in OneNote for Windows 10

Whenever I click the "immersive reader" button in the OneNote app for Windows 10, I get the following error message:

"Cannot open the Learning Tools Immersive Reader

Please close this page and try launching the Immersive Reader again

5c4f2e5f-6bf5-4635-9a4c-7c3184d1623c"

I have tried removing and reinstalling the OneNote app via powershell. No good. I can't seem to find a single other person having this issue. Any suggestions?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

rastley, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Microsoft Edge vs Adobe Reader

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Control panel.

• Select Default Programs.

• Click on Adobe Reader and set that application as Default.
    If the issue persist follow the steps below.

• Open Default Program.

• Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

• Select any pdf file Extension.

• Click on Change program.

• Select Adobe Reader.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Microsoft Edge Immersive Reader: Screeching sound?

Microsoft Edge vs Adobe Reader

Hi Arun, I have followed your instructions and so far it works OK.

Thanks for your help!

JennyYehYeh, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Edge Immersive Reader: Screeching sound?

1. Microsoft Edge Immersive Reader: Screeching sound? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Immersive

2. Startup Sound Screeching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup Sound Screeching: Not sure what started causing this. Whenever I startup the PC and the startup sound plays it sounds all distorted and glitches out. It's a loud ear piercing screech. I literally have to turn my headset down all the way. The only solution I have is turning off the startup...
  3. Audio screeching sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio screeching sound: Hi. During game play, and happens intermittently, I get a very loud, like screeching/scratching sound. Practically knocks me off my chair. I ordered a headset for my games. Should this sound come thru, it will perforate my eardrums. I just got windows 11. I never experienced...
  4. Audio screeching sound

Audio screeching sound: Hi. During game play, and happens intermittently, I get a very loud, like screeching/scratching sound. Practically knocks me off my chair. I ordered a headset for my games. Should this sound come thru, it will perforate my eardrums. I just got windows 11. I never experienced...
  5. Immersive Reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Immersive Reader: I use Immersive Reader to translate stuff to Greek and improve my language skills. Often IR will all of a sudden stop still, especially between paragraphs but really anytime. So, I'll either scroll down some or reset the whole thing from the top of the page commands to get it...
  6. Immersive Reader

Immersive Reader: I use Immersive Reader to translate stuff to Greek and improve my language skills. Often IR will all of a sudden stop still, especially between paragraphs but really anytime. So, I'll either scroll down some or reset the whole thing from the top of the page commands to get it...
  7. Can you download the voices on Edge's Immersive Reader?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you download the voices on Edge's Immersive Reader?: I was wondering if the voices on Microsoft's Edge Browser were available for download. I'm trying to listen to a Word Document but it isn't allowing me to open up WordDocs. Word has its own voices but they are horribly robotic, unlike the ones in edge. I'd like to download...
  8. Occasional screeching sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Occasional screeching sound: I get an occasional screeching sound on audio playback and any app I'm using nearly grinds to a halt. It stops after a short while, but has been happening more frequently recently. I have downloaded all Windows 10 updates and the drivers seem up to date....
  9. Microsoft Edge gets Picture Dictionary, Immersive Reader Translation and Enhancements

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge gets Picture Dictionary, Immersive Reader Translation and Enhancements: [ATTACH]If Pictures are worth a thousand words to describe anything, Microsoft Edge is bringing a tool just for that. The tool — Picture Dictionary — […] This article Microsoft Edge gets Picture Dictionary, Immersive Reader Translation and Enhancements first appeared on...
  10. Enable Picture Dictionary in Immersive Reader in Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Enable Picture Dictionary in Immersive Reader in Edge browser: [ATTACH]Immersive Reader a.k.a. Reading View is a mode in the Edge browser that lets you read web content with little distractions and complete focus. A […] This article Enable Picture Dictionary in Immersive Reader in Edge browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...