Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Importing from old Browsers

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Importing from old Browsers in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is there a way to tell the new Microsoft Edge to stop importing stuff from the old (IE?) information stored on the Microsoft servers? EVERY time I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ken429, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Ken429 Win User

Microsoft Edge Importing from old Browsers

Is there a way to tell the new Microsoft Edge to stop importing stuff from the old (IE?) information stored on the Microsoft servers? EVERY time I install Edge on a new system I get all the old favorites and bookmarks from years ago on all the systems use Edge with Sync turned on. It does this before I can remove IE from the installed apps on the new system. Once IE is uninstalled from all the systems tied to my Microsoft Account things settle down - that is after I manually delete all the stuff from several year ago! Looks like Microsoft has set up Edge to only go one way IMPORT when in doubt! Am I missing something?

:)

Ken429, Sep 17, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Sep 17, 2020
  3. oscer1 Win User
  4. Microsoft Edge Importing from old Browsers

Importing firefox data in to microsoft edge

Hello,

I hope I can help you today

Import from a browser

To import favorites from Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Firefox into Microsoft Edge, follow these steps.

In Microsoft Edge, select Settings and more> Settings> Import from another browser.

Choose the browser from which you want to import (only the browsers installed on this computer will be shown in the list) and then select Import.

Recommendation: To show favorites in the bookmarks bar, select Settings and more> Settings and activate show favorites bar. Then select Hub> Favorites and drag the ones you want into the Favorites Bar folder.

I hope this can help

regards

MiguelChiappori, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Edge Importing from old Browsers

1. Microsoft Edge Importing from old Browsers - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Importing

2. How to prevent users from importing data from other browsers into Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from importing data from other browsers into Edge: It is possible to import browsing data, saved passwords, etc., from other browsers in Edge. But if you wish, you can stop or prevent users from importing data into Edge using Registry Editor and Local Group Policy Editor. You can allow or block autofill form data, browser...
  3. Import Data to MS Edge from Waterfox Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Import Data to MS Edge from Waterfox Browser: How may I import Bookmarks and Passwords into MS Edge from Waterfox Browser? OS: Win10x64 Pro 20H2: 19042.804 Thanks, Don 174338
  4. Import Data to MS Edge from Waterfox Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Import Data to MS Edge from Waterfox Browser: How may I import Bookmarks and Passwords into MS Edge from Waterfox Browser? OS: Win10x64 Pro 20H2: 19042.804 Thanks, Don 174338
  5. Microsoft Edge Importing from old Browsers

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge Importing from old Browsers: Is there a way to tell the new Microsoft Edge to stop importing stuff from the old (IE?) information stored on the Microsoft servers? EVERY time I install Edge on a new system I get all the old favorites and bookmarks from years ago on all the systems use Edge with Sync...
  6. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge Browser: Why are you guys MICROSOFT forcing people to keep the microsoft edge browser and claiming that it is an absolutely necessary app to keep? Furthermore, why do you guys keep saying that without it, windows will not operate/ function properly?? Windows did not always have the...
  7. cant import booksmarks from other browsers to Chromium Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cant import booksmarks from other browsers to Chromium Edge: as the title says. click on it on the setting menu, nothing happens. is it known? submitted by /u/Dio141 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ekgwiz/cant_import_booksmarks_from_other_browsers_to/
  8. Edge Browser on Android - Import Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser on Android - Import Bookmarks: How do you import favourites into the Android Edge browser from a .html file or another browser? 129820
  9. How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium: How to: How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create...
  10. Importing favourites from a bookmark html file into Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    Importing favourites from a bookmark html file into Edge browser: Hi, I would like to know the most reliable method to import Bookmarks/favourites saved on a USB stick in HTML file format into the Edge browser. I asked a similar question ages ago and importing with Edge was buggy so I'm wondering if the process works any better now? I...