Windows 10: Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 will no longer support ePub e-books

Discus and support Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 will no longer support ePub e-books in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft Edge will no longer support e-books that use the .epub file extension. Visit the Microsoft Store to see our recommended .ePub apps. You can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 will no longer support ePub e-books

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...o-keep-reading

:)

Brink, Aug 29, 2019

2. NEW APP-E-Book reader for epub

Reader for EPUB E-books.

E-Book reader optimized for Nokia N900 with support for EPUB file format. The reader has library functionality, e-books on the device are automatically discovered using Maemo services.

Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 will no longer support ePub e-books ebookreader.jpg

Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 will no longer support ePub e-books ebookreader2.jpg

to install:
    open xterm
    sudo gainroot
    apt-get install pubreader

ceroberts75, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Opening EPUB file with Edge

Hi,

You can read .ePub files in Microsoft Edge so long as they are not protected. The latest Windows 10 build brings EPUB file format support to Edge, allowing users to read their favorite EPUB books directly in the browser. To resolve your concern,
    we suggest that you associate the file type to Edge as well. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Type Default Programs in the Control Panel Search bar.

Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 will no longer support ePub e-books c55286cd-d9d2-4317-a6ec-4d7804be22c8.png
    • Click the Default Programs and select Associate a file type or protocol with a program option.
      Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 will no longer support ePub e-books 8768b7a9-043e-469d-9b1e-f9884b32a539.png

• Double-click the .ePub file type.
    • Once the pop-up window shows the option, click on More apps drop down then select Edge.
    Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Eileen Gal, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 will no longer support ePub e-books

New Microsoft EPub books

Does Microsoft DRM protect the books they sell? If so, I want my money back. That's ridiculous. And Microsoft EPUB books can only be opened by EDGE? Again, I want my money back.

It's MY book. I bought it. I don't have this issue with any of the other EPUB books I own. Only the one I bought from the Microsoft store.

Gadgetman110, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 will no longer support ePub e-books

1. Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 will no longer support ePub e-books - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge longer

2. what is microsoft e-book?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is microsoft e-book?: I have been charged annually for an e-book subscription. What is this and how does it work? I don't know what I'm paying for??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-microsoft-e-book/0f3defd5-d088-4a81-8339-fcca387a116a
  3. what is microsoft e-book?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is microsoft e-book?: I have been charged annually for an e-book subscription. What is this and how does it work? I don't know what I'm paying for??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-microsoft-e-book/0f3defd5-d088-4a81-8339-fcca387a116a
  4. Is there a quality add-on for reading ePub books in Chromium Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Is there a quality add-on for reading ePub books in Chromium Edge?: Hmm... I can't seem to find anything beside EPUBReader, which is just OK. Ideas welcome. Thanks. *chuckle 176010
  5. Getting Microsoft Edge Epub Functionality Back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting Microsoft Edge Epub Functionality Back: Yes, I know that Epub functionality was discontinued an year ago. Yes, I haven't updated my PC since then so that I can keep Edge continuing to support epub files. I was absolutely hooked to reading my books seamlessly on it. Since, Windows10 update decided to be ruthless...
  6. edge and epub

edge and epub: Does someone know what the last edition of windows 10 was where edge could read .epub files? submitted by /u/mobsteRRR [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gw2qdd/edge_and_epub/
  7. How to associate .epub files with Microsoft Edge?

How to associate .epub files with Microsoft Edge?: I just updated recently and looks like it unassociated by itself. submitted by /u/Curious-Cat-2020 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e1wm89/how_to_associate_epub_files_with_microsoft_edge/
  8. microsoft e-book

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft e-book: I purchased a book from Microsoft but can't find. what do I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-e-book/ea2d051d-2ba1-4622-9300-73b68b99fb9e"
  9. Clear EPUB Book Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear EPUB Book Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Clear EPUB Book Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Clear EPUB Book Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...
  10. Export EPUB Book Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export EPUB Book Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Export EPUB Book Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Export EPUB Book Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge not opening epub files

2. open epub with edge

3. why has edge stopped supporting epubs

4. why doesnt edge support epub anymore,
  5. epub reader not working on microsoft,
  6. cant open epub with edge,
  7. open epub with microsoft edge,
  8. edge will not open epub any more,
  9. why is microsoft edge not supporting epub,
  10. edge no longer supporting ebooks,
  11. windows phone not supporting microsoft edge file,