Windows 10: Microsoft Edge Invisible when attempted to unpin

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Invisible when attempted to unpin in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; With the new update, Microsoft Edge was automatically put onto my taskbar. I unpinned it, but once I did so, I opened a new program, only to realize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MelodyHill, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Microsoft Edge Invisible when attempted to unpin

With the new update, Microsoft Edge was automatically put onto my taskbar. I unpinned it, but once I did so, I opened a new program, only to realize there was an odd space

Microsoft Edge Invisible when attempted to unpin 40c2baa9-1115-442f-be7b-30368f899f47?upload=true.png

Right clicking this space made it show that somehow, Microsoft Edge was still there? It seems like the Icon simply went transparent instead of being removed from my taskbar

Microsoft Edge Invisible when attempted to unpin d72a886d-0dc9-45d5-8fb8-6d3b5b2076f9?upload=true.png

Any idea of what's going on here? For the time I have moved this invisible icon to the far right, making it unnoticeable, but it's still bothersome to know that it is not removed.

:)

MelodyHill, Jul 16, 2020
  2. Hamid Win User

Invisible taskbar icons and cannot Unpin from taskbar

I have 2 apps (E-Mail and Edge) in taskbar that doesn't shows icons. It is so annoying that I cannot even Unpin from taskbar.

I have done following without helping:

* Uninstalled and Installed the app again
    * Unpined from Startmenu
    * Deleted %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\*
    * Deleted HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband
    * Killed explorer.exe

Ver. 1909 Build 18363.778

Mouse over Edge

Microsoft Edge Invisible when attempted to unpin [​IMG]

Right click Edge or E-mail. Its not even show the rest of the popup menu. Just the Unpin menu and it doesn't even work.

Microsoft Edge Invisible when attempted to unpin [​IMG]

Hamid, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Invisible Edge Icons on Windows 10 Taskbar

I just recently upgraded to Windows 10, and after unpinning everything from the new Taskbar (minus what I wanted to pin) I discovered that I have two invisible Microsoft Edge icons still pinned there. All attempts to remove them have failed. When I right-click
    on them I have the option to pin them again, which creates an actual Microsoft Edge icon which I can then unpin, but the two invisible icons stay there. I just want to get rid of those two invisible icons so that there's not some odd blank space on my bar.

Microsoft Edge Invisible when attempted to unpin 724106d8-0420-4359-8de3-bcb02e1c377b.png
    <-- Showing the blank space

Microsoft Edge Invisible when attempted to unpin 80df09ad-8f4d-4d57-b71e-78d4ac54d9e5.png
    <--- The pop up menu on right-clicking blank space.

Microsoft Edge Invisible when attempted to unpin 9d2946b5-5759-486e-836b-4d20e4e2e182.png
    <--- The Edge icon upon hitting Pin in the picture above.

Polaris575, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Microsoft Edge Invisible when attempted to unpin

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Edge Invisible when attempted to unpin

1. Microsoft Edge Invisible when attempted to unpin - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Invisible

2. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.: Hello,Since a recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft Edge has been pinned to my Start Menu. Previously, I was able to unpin shortcuts from my Start Menu. When trying to unpin this shortcut from my Start Menu I am not presented with the option to "Unpin from Start Menu" as I am...
  3. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.: Hello,Since a recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft Edge has been pinned to my Start Menu. Previously, I was able to unpin shortcuts from my Start Menu. When trying to unpin this shortcut from my Start Menu I am not presented with the option to "Unpin from Start Menu" as I am...
  4. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to Pin and Unpin Downloads in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to Pin and Unpin Downloads in Microsoft Edge: Microsoft Edge will save items you want to download into your C:\Users\<username>\Downloads (%UserProfile%\Downloads) folder by default. You can now add the Downloads button to the toolbar in Microsoft Edge. The Downloads button allow you to quickly view, manage, search,...
  6. attempting to install microsoft edge fails

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    attempting to install microsoft edge fails: Request Id: 9d3f254d-886f-4ae2-9e1c-728fb426a500 Correlation Id: c771130a-262e-47cf-a3c1-52a7cb8eb590 Timestamp: 2020-08-06T14:12:11Z Message: AADSTS50196: The server terminated an operation because it encountered a client request loop. Please contact your app...
  7. Invisible taskbar icons and cannot Unpin from taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Invisible taskbar icons and cannot Unpin from taskbar: I have 2 apps (E-Mail and Edge) in taskbar that doesn't shows icons. It is so annoying that I cannot even Unpin from taskbar. I have done following without helping: * Uninstalled and Installed the app again * Unpined from Startmenu * Deleted %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet...
  8. EDGE Unpinned

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE Unpinned: I have unpinned EDGE from my taskbar and now use FireFox. Edge is just too slow. - Delays during download - Slow Scrolling Microsoft need to understand the computer is all about delivering response to the end user. FireFox is much more responsive especially during...
  9. Can't unpin Microsoft Edge from taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Can't unpin Microsoft Edge from taskbar: Hello Matthew, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile You could do so by unpinning Microsoft Edge from the taskbar and Start menu, and setting whatever web browser you wanted to use instead as the default program instead....
  10. Pin and Unpin Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin and Unpin Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Pin and Unpin Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Pin and Unpin Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. microsoft edge legacy uninstall