Windows 10: Microsoft Edge is creating profile 2 on its own.

Discus and support Microsoft Edge is creating profile 2 on its own. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ever since updating to 20H2, Edge is creating a new profile on its own, The profile can be deleted but a new one is created after a couple of days.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/The_Phantom_Soldier, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Microsoft Edge is creating profile 2 on its own.

Ever since updating to 20H2, Edge is creating a new profile on its own, The profile can be deleted but a new one is created after a couple of days.

submitted by /u/The_Phantom_Soldier
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/The_Phantom_Soldier, Mar 6, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Microsoft Edge is not working

Hi Sean,

One of the possible reasons why you are experiencing issues with using Microsoft Edge is due to User Profile corruption. To address your concern, we suggest creating a Test User Profile. Using the Test User Profile, check if you will have the same issue
    with browsing in Microsoft Edge. This is for us to test if the issue is isolated with one User Profile or with multiple accounts.

To create a Test User Profile, follow these steps:

• On Search, type Settings then hit the
      Enter key
    • On Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Name the User Profile as TEST.
    • Assign a password for TEST user, then select Next.
    • Sign in TEST user.

We are looking forward for an update about your concern.

Darleen Pen, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Microsoft Edge is creating profile 2 on its own.

Zooming issues in Microsoft EDGE

Hi Viacheslav,

One of the possible reasons why you are experiencing issues with Microsoft Edge is due to a User Profile component corruption. For us to address this concern, we suggest creating
    a Test User Profile. Using the Test User Profile, check if you will have the same issue with zooming in Microsoft Edge.
    This is for us to test if the issue is isolated with one User Profile or with multiple accounts.

To create a Test User Profile, follow these steps:

• Using Search, type Settings then hit the
      Enter key
    • In Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Name the User Profile as TEST.
    • Assign a password for TEST user, then select Next.
    • Sign in TEST user.

If you'll need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply on this thread.

Darleen Pen, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Edge is creating profile 2 on its own.

1. Microsoft Edge is creating profile 2 on its own. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge creating

2. Built-in Admin creates a password on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-in Admin creates a password on its own: Hi, I recently logged out my Microsoft Account to become a Local account user in my PC, but after I did it, my administrator rights disappeared, and the built in administrator created its on password the moment I logged out on my Microsoft Account. What could be its password?...
  3. Built-in Admin creates a password on its own

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Built-in Admin creates a password on its own: Hi, I recently logged out my Microsoft Account to become a Local account user in my PC, but after I did it, my administrator rights disappeared, and the built in administrator created its on password the moment I logged out on my Microsoft Account. What could be its password?...
  4. User Profile Switched on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Switched on its own: I recently signed on to my Dell All in One PC and noticed that my wallpaper and desktop were no longer what they were before. After more searching I saw that all the user folders Pictures, Documents, etc were all empty as if this were a new account. So i checked the C://Users...
  5. User Profile Switched on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Profile Switched on its own: I recently signed on to my Dell All in One PC and noticed that my wallpaper and desktop were no longer what they were before. After more searching I saw that all the user folders Pictures, Documents, etc were all empty as if this were a new account. So i checked the C://Users...
  6. User Profile Switched on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How to create Guest Profile shortcut for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to create Guest Profile shortcut for Microsoft Edge: Guest Profile in Microsoft Edge lets you browse separately without interfering with browsing data, download history, etc., of other signed-in profiles. If you regularly use Guest mode in Edge browser, then creating a guest profile shortcut would be a bit more convenient....
  8. Edge closing PDF files on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge closing PDF files on its own: When will Microsoft fix the problem with Edge closing PDF files on its own? If I can't work with a PDF because of Edge, then I need other software. BTW, I did not ask for Edge nor its incumbent problems!...
  9. Onedrive deleted files on its own, creating its own folders with no content

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive deleted files on its own, creating its own folders with no content: OneDrive deleted a folder containing downloads of financial PDFs. I did not do this because I used them yesterday. They appear in the OneDrive recycle bin on the website but the website will not restore the files because it says they are already on the computer, which they...
  10. Edge has its own sets of fonts

in Browsers and Email
    Edge has its own sets of fonts: Just a curiosity, but Edge has 2 private sets of fonts located in: \Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Assets\Fonts called BrowserMDL.ttf [img] containing the browsers Asset characters and ReadMDL2.ttf [img] Containing...